CrystalSky no longer Coming soon!
3559 20 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Ok so DJI Web site no longer says CrystalSky no longer Coming soon! But when are they going to put it in the For Sale and hit up up with some pricing?

Stolen from facebook forum the image below shows  the team using CrystalSky... Come on DJI your worse than Apple when it comes to releasing products!

stolen from Facebook forum

stolen from Facebook forum

Web image

Web image
2017-3-8
Use props
Racklefratz
New

United States

This is NOT good PR for DJI.  Especially on their flagship product.
2017-3-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Racklefratz Posted at 2017-3-9 11:22

Would you rather they not iron out issues with production in quantity before they start their line. Its very costly to start up a new production line and its one thing to show a prototype and another to set up the line for mass production.

Hope this helps your understanding of the process.

DJI generally goes a good job with its stuff after its officially launched. That things simply work is something you don't want to take for granted.
2017-3-9
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-9 15:30
Would you rather they not iron out issues with production in quantity before they start their line. Its very costly to start up a new production line and its one thing to show a prototype and another to set up the line for mass production.

Oh that's just Gold MTC.

I'll still be giggling over this a week from now.
2017-3-9
Use props
smoak888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472493 ft
United States

Racklefratz Posted at 2017-3-9 11:22

Seriously why would they need a hood for their ultra right monitors? I thought the crystal sky wouldn't need a hood!!!
2017-3-13
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

smoak888 Posted at 2017-3-13 03:31
Seriously why would they need a hood for their ultra right monitors? I thought the crystal sky wouldn't need a hood!!!

Depending on their proximity to the trail, and clouds of dirt/dust, the cover may be a matter of preference or a means to keep grim off the screen.  

*EDIT: I see that the "over the shoulder" shot also includes the tablet holder brackets. Didn't see that before. I knew I shouldn't have spilled that coffee.
2017-3-13
Use props
[dronecompany]L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-13 04:10
Depending on their proximity to the trail, and clouds of dirt/dust, the cover may be a matter of preference or a means to keep grim off the screen.  

*EDIT: I see that the "over the shoulder" shot also includes the tablet holder brackets. Didn't see that before. I knew I shouldn't have spilled that coffee.

FCC approved the 5.5" CrystalSky on April 2 2017.  The clearance now means 5.5" CrystalSky is authorized for sale in the USA.  No word yet on 10", but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
I wouldn't be surprised if at least one CrystalSky model is released in April.
2017-4-4
Use props
bakerfox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165338 ft
United States

Retailers are starting to get in stock finally on Crystalsky.  Atlanta Hobby just shipped my 7.85" today, showing delivery for tomorrow.  I am excited!
2017-7-24
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

bakerfox Posted at 2017-7-24 19:31
Retailers are starting to get in stock finally on Crystalsky.  Atlanta Hobby just shipped my 7.85" today, showing delivery for tomorrow.  I am excited!

Ultra Bright? or High Brightness?
2017-7-25
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I'm curious about the Tracktenna with Cendence.  Can't wait for those products to be released. It'll be like if the military and Hollywood had a baby ... Ha ha ha ...
2017-7-25
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Ultra or high ???
2017-7-26
Use props
bakerfox
lvl.2
United States

I got my CS 7.85 this week from Atlanta Hobby.  Also this week there was an update on DJI GO 4 to 4.1.5, but I am not able to update the app on the Crystalsky, so it is still at 4.1.3.   I also have no option in the app on the Crystalsky to calibrate my compass or my IMU like I can from my iPad or iPhone.  I LOVE the Crystalsky, super bright and looks awesome with no breakups, but not being able to update or calibrate is a BIG deal.  I hope there is an update coning soon.  I am a broadcaster and have been looking forward to getting the CS for a long time.
2017-7-29
Use props
bakerfox
lvl.2
United States

I got my CS 7.85 this week from Atlanta Hobby.  Also this week there was an update on DJI GO 4 to 4.1.5, but I am not able to update the app on the Crystalsky, so it is still at 4.1.3.   I also have no option in the app on the Crystalsky to calibrate my compass or my IMU like I can from my iPad or iPhone.  I LOVE the Crystalsky, super bright and looks awesome with no breakups, but not being able to update or calibrate is a BIG deal.  I hope there is an update coning soon.  I am a broadcaster and have been looking forward to getting the CS for a long time.
2017-7-29
Use props
Racklefratz
New

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-9 15:30
Would you rather they not iron out issues with production in quantity before they start their line. Its very costly to start up a new production line and its one thing to show a prototype and another to set up the line for mass production.

Yeah, it really helps my understanding.

So the coveted and much sought-after "CrystalSky" product has been in the wild for a while now - how is everyone enjoying theirs?  All the "issues" ironed out?
2018-5-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Racklefratz Posted at 2018-5-26 11:48

So the coveted and much sought-after "CrystalSky" product has been in the wild for a while now - how is everyone enjoying theirs?  All the "issues" ironed out?

As of May 2018, I'm finding that CS works pretty much as billed. I don't experience crashes that some people complain of.
2018-5-26
Use props
skypal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 560256 ft
Germany

I had two CS ultra both went dead after 3hours Don't buy Dji anymore its crap
2018-5-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Racklefratz Posted at 2018-5-26 11:48

I have had the 5.5 and have never had a crash or any other problem with it. I use it with my I2 and Cendence. I received a 7.85 Ultra Bright last week and the only thing that I did was lower the brightness. No issues as of yet. Then again, I usually do not.
2018-5-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The latest release of the GO 4 App and Crystal Sky, released last Friday has a couple of great updates. One you can now download Maps to your Crystal SKY (up under the three bars) and you now have POI for your Inspire 2. Great stuff!
Edit: Just tried the Mapbox Maps and it really SUCKS! No Detail, Labeling Region is Impossible! Hope the POI works better than the Maps.
2018-5-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

skypal Posted at 2018-5-27 03:43
I had two CS ultra both went dead after 3hours Don't buy Dji anymore its crap

I am starting to agree with you. Paid 1K$ and there is no plate to adapt it to my Cendence. Nor can I find any way to order one! They give you two batteries and a charging hub, but there is no way to mount it. Total ripoff. Spent $1K and now the chase is on to use it. If they wanted another 20 or 30 bucks they should have said so. Now I have to go through the grief to get something to mount it to my Cendence!Probably best for me to go through the return grief for a refund and forget about it!
2018-5-27
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-5-27 16:09
I am starting to agree with you. Paid 1K$ and there is no plate to adapt it to my Cendence. Nor can I find any way to order one! They give you two batteries and a charging hub, but there is no way to mount it. Total ripoff. Spent $1K and now the chase is on to use it. If they wanted another 20 or 30 bucks they should have said so. Now I have to go through the grief to get something to mount it to my Cendence!Probably best for me to go through the return grief for a refund and forget about it!

In your Cendence box there should be a mounting plate.
2018-5-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-27 17:58
In your Cendence box there should be a mounting plate.

There was but I need one for the new ultra bright Crystal Sky.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules