Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S DNG FLICKER BUG
1085 7 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

If DNG 48.950 is offered a shutter speed of 1/96 should also be offered.

Davinci resolve is recognizing the frame rate as 47.952 and flickers.
Premiere recognizes the file as 47.950, and flickers

Not sure what is causing the flicker...

MORE INFO:

DJI INSPIRE 2/X5S 3840x2150 DNG FLICKER 47.950 (ISO 100 F/9  1/200)

This is the export form davinci,  but it is present in the original file but becomes hidden more in the vimeo compression.

Imported dng sequence into resolve 12, noticed that it recognizes the framerate at 47.952 not at the specified 47.950 in the I2 user interface.

I don't know if that is what is causing the flicker... I tried several different combinations of exporting/anarchy de-flicker/disabling color correction...no joy.

I know I botched the shutter speed,  but I2 does not offer 1/96 so I just went with it.

2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's been reported to R&D to look into it further. Just to clarify, is this on a MAC or Windows computer? Do you see the flicker while editing or only when you export? Do you see this with other resolutions?
2017-3-8
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-8 14:22
It's been reported to R&D to look into it further. Just to clarify, is this on a MAC or Windows computer? Do you see the flicker while editing or only when you export? Do you see this with other resolutions?

I am on a Mac.

I see the flickering while I edit and when I export.

In the raw file, before adding any color profiles....the flicker is suddle - but is definitely there.  Then with added changes to color it makes the flicker much worse.

The vimeo compression actually reduces it quite a bit.

If you have a server, I can upload the dng sequence or the colored pro-res export from davinci.

I am planning on going back to the same place to shoot more at 60 fps but match the shutter this time and shoot 1/120th....if your R&D has any other suggestions or things they want to try let me know, I would be happy to test their specs.
2017-3-9
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Very difficult to see the issue in Vimeo.  Maybe an irrelevant question, but I had a lot of "flicker" issues flying over reeds - like you did - and then saw "flicker".  Did you check the sharpness in your video setting?  Try it on -1 and see if this does not help.....  Regards.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thomasakira Posted at 2017-3-9 15:24
I am on a Mac.

I see the flickering while I edit and when I export.

The only way to send large files like that would be through a file sharing system like Dropbox.
2017-3-10
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 15:46
The only way to send large files like that would be through a file sharing system like Dropbox.

can you pm me  instructions on where to send it
2017-3-11
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-10 11:10
Very difficult to see the issue in Vimeo.  Maybe an irrelevant question, but I had a lot of "flicker" issues flying over reeds - like you did - and then saw "flicker".  Did you check the sharpness in your video setting?  Try it on -1 and see if this does not help.....  Regards.

Thanks for the suggestion,  but this is a raw dng file.  Do you mean reduce sharpness in davinci?  I did, give that a try...sharpness, contrast, and curve adjustment create the most pronounced changes in the visibility of the flicker...but reducing these variables a) does not kill the flicker and b) does not produce aesthetically pleasing results to me.
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thomasakira Posted at 2017-3-11 07:30
can you pm me  instructions on where to send it

I sent a PM, whenever you can would be appreciated.
2017-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules