Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3s Controller Does Not Have Any Range
1363 14 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans83889b8f
lvl.1

United States

Hey Guys, first time poster here. My controller is linked, but it goes to weak signal and signal lost when I get about 100 feet up. . . It just started doing this. I am at a complete loss. I re-linked my controller successfully, and still same problem. I take off, go up about 100 feet and get weak signal. If i keep going, it's lost signal and return to home. I was hoping to use it this weekend on a trip. Please help!
2017-3-8
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

are you in beginner mode?  
2017-3-8
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Can't just go straight up, need to move forward in front of you and have antenna vertical.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans83889b8f
lvl.1

United States

No. Not in beginner mode. . . Thus has been working perfectly for months and out of nowhere, I have no range! I go forward, backward, there is just no range. I used to be able to fly all over the neighborhood. . . . There are nother warnings or anything, just no range. I have full bars on my screen when I take off, but as soon as it goes up or out the range is GONE!
2017-3-8
Use props
KENSY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10696 ft
United States

Hi, Just some thoughts...I would try re linking the RC and AC again using the procedure. I would make sure RC and AC are fully charged (I'm sure you know that), Then if still same condition, I would try another location a good distance from where you are at with the problem. If it still happens, I would send it in to be checked could have a weak radio or receiver etc. That is all I can think of...Let us know the outcome.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the firmware version for your aircraft? You noticed the range issue after a firmware upgrading or not?
Adjusting the antenna's direction and flying in different locations makes no improvement?
2017-3-9
Use props
fans83889b8f
lvl.1

United States

Firmware is 1.8.10. It was after an update if I do recall! Please help!
2017-3-9
Use props
marvzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

How is your antenna oriented? Long side should be pointing towards the aircraft, not the tip. If you're flying around your neighborhood, someone might have a new router interfering with your signal. Go out to an open field and try it.
2017-3-11
Use props
randaljds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148612 ft
Australia

Did you sort this out mate? Mine has the exact same problem! My problem started immediately after a crash which dislodged the ad card from the camera and one of the rubbery dampeners. I am thinking one of the antenna wires that go into the gimbal might have come off on the inside?
2017-3-13
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

randaljds Posted at 2017-3-13 02:51
Did you sort this out mate? Mine has the exact same problem! My problem started immediately after a crash which dislodged the ad card from the camera and one of the rubbery dampeners. I am thinking one of the antenna wires that go into the gimbal might have come off on the inside?

Talking about P3S just not to confuse anyone since this is posted in that sub forum.

Gimbal wires are only for the camera control and 2 small wires are wifi although if shorted or something could cause problems. Those 2 gray wires sticking down 2 of the legs are the 5.8 control

If your able to do this then this is easiest method to open her up and check them wires. Requires  T8, T6 and some other tools
BTW if you figure this out we would like to know what fixed it. 100 feet is so not acceptible if you know what I mean.

2017-3-13
Use props
fans1f4147a4
New

Mexico

Hizo is there any way my p3s vould fly further tan 500 meters away?? Or its Just the límit??
2017-3-13
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

fans1f4147a4 Posted at 2017-3-13 19:22
Hizo is there any way my p3s vould fly further tan 500 meters away?? Or its Just the límit??

I have gotten close to 1000 meter with standard stuff by turning off Max Distance. You can get farther with you have better antenna mounted like a windsurfer, Argtek, Itelite.
2017-3-13
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-3-13 18:59
Talking about P3S just not to confuse anyone since this is posted in that sub forum.

Gimbal wires are only for the camera control and 2 small wires are wifi although if shorted or something could cause problems. Those 2 gray wires sticking down 2 of the legs are the 5.8 control

Just to get some clarification ... There are 3 wires running down the legs of my P3S.  1 thicker/longer light grey (almost white) and the other two are thin/shorter darker grey cable. Which are which??

Thanks in advance
2017-3-14
Use props
DronerX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-3-13 19:53
I have gotten close to 1000 meter with standard stuff by turning off Max Distance. You can get farther with you have better antenna mounted like a windsurfer, Argtek, Itelite.

Do these other antennas you mention work with the existing controller?
2017-3-14
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Bourgeois Posted at 2017-3-14 07:29
Just to get some clarification ... There are 3 wires running down the legs of my P3S.  1 thicker/longer light grey (almost white) and the other two are thin/shorter darker grey cable. Which are which??

The light grey is the compass.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules