Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Attachment the ND filter to the camera.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy10
First Officer
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Well, it might sounds stupid but I can't put the new ND filter on.
I just got the new ND and as I see, the original lens protective glass ring must be unscrewed to place the new with the ND filter at the same place.
And here is the problem. A can't unscrew the original one from the camera. I tried by hand and by the tool (protecting the gimbal from damage) but nothing.
So any idea? Or should I simply throw away the new ND filter?
2017-3-8
Use props
Bobster999
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170492 ft
United Kingdom

minot sure what you mean.  mine just unscrewed very easily.  the threads are really fine
2017-3-8
Use props
PaulSouthport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Put a rubber band around the original, unscrew without squeezing.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans3f03a11e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15262 ft

United States

Which Phantom do you have? Your other posts indicate you have a Phantom 4 Pro, which doesn't appear to have a screw off type lens cover as the Phantom 3 Pro does. There may be slip on type filters available for the P4P, or I may be totally wrong about all of this.
2017-3-8
Use props
GastonC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29734 ft
United States

Interested in the answer to this question also.
2017-3-8
Use props
Propwash
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

As PaulSouthport suggests don't over squeeze the rubber band should give you enough grip.A number of p3 owners have posted this problem in the past.
2017-3-8
Use props
andy10
First Officer
  • >>>
Slovenia

It is the P3A I am talking about.
Well, tahnks for the suggestion, I'll try that, hope it would work.
2017-3-9
Use props
BaconNBeer
lvl.1
United States

My lens cover was very tight but it eventually unscrewed. It was tight enough that I worried I was breaking my camera. I bought a set of filters ND 4, ND 8, CPL and a UV. I feel  the ND 4 is to dark so I purchased a ND 2. I put the CPL on and adjusted it and really like it. It will probably stay on.
2017-3-9
Use props
andy10
First Officer
  • >>>
Slovenia

I tried all suggestions but with no success.
The original protective front ring is really protective, because it's not possible  to put it off and I tried almost all procedure I was able to invent.
I'm not angry about the money - it's really cheap - but about the fact I'm not able to do that. Really stupid. Maybe DJI knows some tricks how to put it off?
2017-3-12
Use props
T3rdEye
Captain
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

andy10 Posted at 2017-3-12 12:54
The original protective front ring is really protective, because it's not possible  to put it off and I tried almost all procedure I was able to invent.
I'm not angry about the money - it's really cheap - but about the fact I'm not able to do that. Really stupid. Maybe DJI knows some tricks how to put it off?

Try using the tool provided to hold the motor when removing prop from A/C

Capture.JPG
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

andy10 Posted at 2017-3-12 12:54

The problem with the front filter is that it is very thin and flexible, and when you try to grab it, it simply binds even harder. The trick in removing it is to NOT grab it tightly, and this is why everyone recommends using a heavy post office rubber band to grip it, because the band provides the extra grip without squeezing the filter and making it bind. You place the band around the front of the filter, then grip the band tightly where it meets and pull on the band, do not grab the filter.

20170313_140344.jpg
2017-3-12
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.1

United States

Can you take a photo of the front of the camera?  Show us what you have.
2017-3-12
Use props
andy10
First Officer
  • >>>
Slovenia

I have the standard camera which comes with every P3A, just as on picture above..
To be sure exactly, the cover glass ought to be unscrewed or just to be pulled off.
The new filter has the thread so I presume it must be unscrewed.
2017-3-13
Use props
andy10
First Officer
  • >>>
Slovenia

andy10 Posted at 2017-3-13 03:45
I have the standard camera which comes with every P3A, just as on picture above..
To be sure exactly, the cover glass ought to be unscrewed or just to be pulled off.
The new filter has the thread so I presume it must be unscrewed.

Now I tried with the tool that comes with the Phantom (pic 3 posts above) which seemed to me ideal.
But - nothing! I couldn't believe. It enables me to use much more force than I could do just with the fingers.
So, I decided - let it be. Maybe the filter would do something at the new Phantom, if I'll decide to buy one.
Best regards and thanks. Nice suggestions.
2017-3-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

andy10 Posted at 2017-3-22 03:25
Now I tried with the tool that comes with the Phantom (pic 3 posts above) which seemed to me ideal.
But - nothing! I couldn't believe. It enables me to use much more force than I could do just with the fingers.
So, I decided - let it be. Maybe the filter would do something at the new Phantom, if I'll decide to buy one.

This has been talked about very much. There are some videos on Youtube also. Most of the time you are trying to hard! Seriously, if you grab it too tightly it will make it harder to unscrew. The lens is very thin and can get distorted very easy. I have a 3PA also, and struggled with it at first too. Keep trying , but try not to grip too tightly. I remember reading a comment one time that said when you get tired of trying, let our wife do it. LOL The point being, most of us will grab it too tightly and that actually makes if more difficult. You can get if off, and I would suggest just a very small dab of lubricant on the threads to help with putting it on and off. I really like the filters and I think you would too.
2017-3-22
Use props
andy10
First Officer
  • >>>
Slovenia

At last I did it (!) thanks to RicardoGray.
It was completely so as he told, although this is something against the common sense.
I began turning the ring just with two fingers only, very lightly, and 'eureka!' it began to turn around. Unbelievable but true.
Best regards.
2017-3-24
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Glad you did not give up.
I just started using the cinema series from Polar Pro.  Flew a flight the other day with it, they look nice.
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules