Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nexus 7 (2012) ME370T
1646 4 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drgusta
lvl.1

United States

I just recently purchased my Mavic Pro and am in love with the platform. I normally use my iPhone 7 to fly but have been wanting a bigger screen, however, I spent all my money buying the drone so I can't afford a new tablet right now. Dug out my old Nexus 7 (2012) with 1gb of ram and a limited processor however it does run DJI GO 4 but it is essentially unusable. This is because of video lag and sometimes just disconnecting completely. If the drone is sitting on a flat surface and has a moment to refresh the image it looks great but that all goes out the window when the camera moves. It seems like the only thing holding the tablet back from being usable is the video stream. Is there any way I can not stream in 720p (lowest the settings will allow)? If not then is there a way to make the Nexus 7 focus all processing power to the DJI GO 4 app, I am willing to root the device if that is what it takes.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi drgusta, you could try to change the downlink bandwidth from DJI GO app. It's in the Image Transmission Settings.
If it's convenient, you could try to reset your phone to factory. And please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.
2017-3-8
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even the 2013 version struggles, but is better with video cache turned off.
I don't think the older model will be satisfactory except perhaps to adjust settings and do updates.
2017-3-9
Use props
drgusta
lvl.1

United States

Thank you guys for your replies. I had already fully updated the tablet and made sure it was the only app running which helped a lot actually but not enough. I turned off video cache and played with the bandwidth to no avail. Looks like I am stuck with my iPhone for a while.
2017-3-9
Use props
jackofalltrayds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9928 ft

United States

Is there a list anywhere that says what tablets will actually work with the phantom 4?  I got the Nexus 7 off a list supposedly endorsed by DJI and now I have to try to send it back.  Anyone?
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules