CAS-468016-J4Q1P2
1688 18 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7c0fc2f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338537 ft
Philippines

I have my friend assisted me to create this repair ticket on my drone(Mavic Pro). I send them the flight logs from the analysis form they asked me to fill in. Now we received and email concluding that it was a pilot error based on that flight logs.

My question is, does the flight logs really enough to tell that it was a pilot error or something?

Actually here's what happened to my Mavic Pro drone.

February 19 of the same year, I was flying my drone over the ocean. I have no problems with my other flights just this very one crucial incident. I was flying at 60-70M above sea level at normal winds. I got a few flights before the incident. On the last flight when it reached 700M travel distance from 263M between me and the aircraft, the application suddenly disconnected(this wasn't the first time tho). But the last one suddenly can't get to connect. I tried to restart the app but no joy, can't connect. I read the reviews on the app(googleplay) and it's terribly goodness.

Anyway, when the app got disconnected I only rely to the auto RTH, low batt warning and the psyical RTH button. But when I tried to press the physical RTH button the remote says "NO RTH"(can you explain me this). From that moment I don't have any view to the unit so I'm afraid to touch any stick because I can't see it for godsake. A few moments later the remote got disconnected too, I was waiting for it to be connected again but it goes to "connecting..." only by that time I was in state of having a heart attack.

I know the low battery warning should be triggered soon, I wait and wait. I even go to the last location where I knew it was there. But damn, I knew from that my moment. I lost my mavic. It might drifted by the wind or whatever. When I came to my senses, I tried to checked the cache video, luckily there was a video of it going down. I checked the flight logs and the last known location and we manage to get it back(10M deep, thanks to local folks) and yes and it appears that it was throttled down for some reason.  Me as a pilot, seeing nothing. Why would I throttle it down that's a million dollar question right?

I have other flight logs that can prove that I know what I'am doing with the very expensive drone. I just can't really accept the conclusion of the report, did they check other factors. What if it could been the remote or what ever that caused it? I haven't touched the stick since it wen't black on the app.

2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I have checked your case.
At time= 6:31, you pull down throttle stick and the aircraft keep descending and dropped into water. We determined it as pilot error. Please refer to the screenshot. flight record 1.png flight record 2.png
2017-3-9
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

Hi Mindy, thanks for the reply I appreciate it. That is the problem. Again, why would I pull the stick down that I knew I already lost connection to the app(with no view at all) and in the middle of the ocean. I'm a human being and I know what will happen if I do that. I know it doesn't make any sense, but could there be a problem on the remote why it was throttled down? You see it already reach -3m but the stick is still pulling down?
2017-3-9
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

Also did you guys check the logs thoroughly? I uploaded my flight log to http://healthydrones.com/main?share=LfubiW just to see what happened. mavicerror.png

As you can see on this one I triggered the home lock mode at 6:00 mark. But after like a few seconds the app disconnected(this time I have no view to the unit). The remote still connected tho.

But the home lock does not worked the way It should work, it should fly towards me going home while I'm pulling down the right stick right? But as you can see that's not what happened. It's flying somewhere else, like west of it's precised position. The weird thing is that when you check at the sticks I was trying to pull the right stick down, to go home. But suddenly on the logs the throttled down was also being pulled down to just 100%(that's the problem). Why can't anybody explain that to me? There's something here that we missed out.

2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenma Posted at 2017-3-9 07:43
Also did you guys check the logs thoroughly? I uploaded my flight log to http://healthydrones.com/main?share=LfubiW just to see what happened.[view_image]

As you can see on this one I triggered the home lock mode at 6:00 mark. But after like a few seconds the app disconnected(this time I have no view to the unit). The remote still connected tho.

DJI does not use any 3rd parties platform to analyse the data.
Ultrasonic sensors may not be able to accurately measure altitude when flying over water. Please refer to the screenshot. vision systems.png
2017-3-9
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

Thanks mindy, so let's forget about the 3rd party platform. But the way you guys analyze the data is not sufficient compared to the 3rd party service. It says there what happened when I enabled the Home lock mode but it does not react the way it should react, am I right? Can your tool able to see that? If not, then those logs shouldn't be logged in the first place if they are really not that important. You only showed what happened 1m before dive, but you didn't check at 224.7ft on what totally happened.

I'm pretty aware of the cautions and warning, but that doesn't mean it should stop people from flying over water if you're at the right spot and height. Also you're keeping away of the possibility that there was a defect on the remote? why a sudden throttled down occurs while I'm pulling down the right stick down? From 224.7ft to 0 in just 30 seconds, if the sticks pulled down like that it will surely dive into the water. I have a lots of questions but you left them unanswered.
2017-3-9
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

Also I quote "At time= 6:31, you pull down throttle stick" really? The throttled down stick were pulled down at 6:08 when I'm pulling back the right stick, see how fast it go to 100% and stays there? I'm pretty sure the remote went full retard that time. You see I've been flying for a while and I know how Home lock mode works. I have other flight records that can prove that, even flights before the incident. But please take to consideration that it could be the remote and just don't rely to the log data. Thanks
2017-3-10
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

I want to follow up this post.
2017-3-13
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

Please don't ignore this post after I bought your very expensive drone. At least help me deal with the problem and how to resolve it with my own findings. This is very frustrating.
2017-3-13
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

I guess support doesn't really care about the problem. Really really disappointed and frustrating at the same time. We even emailed support@dji.com but we got no answers(from the last 6days). Is this how you treat your customers really? Come on man, atleast give me some resolutions. Dont just ignore the post!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello Kenma, since you didn't click the "reply" button, I cannot see you are responding to me.
I reviewed your flight records.
At time=5:20, the warning "Large Wind Velocity. Fly with caution" shows up. And we can infer from the attitude of the aircraft that there was strong wind.
strong wind.png
Even though you switched to HL mode and tried to pull it back, the aircraft was unable to go home as planed due to strong wind.
HL.png
Regarding to the throttle control, it responded to your stick command correctly. The aircraft followed your command and landed in ocean. We are sorry for your crash.

2017-3-16
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 03:31
Hello Kenma, since you didn't click the "reply" button, I cannot see you are responding to me.
I reviewed your flight records.
At time=5:20, the warning "Large Wind Velocity. Fly with caution" shows up. And we can infer from the attitude of the aircraft that there was strong wind.

Yeah I saw that warning so I switched back to HL mode to return it back. But even if the aircraft was drifted or got pushed by the wind, it should still go towards the HL location, no matter what the aircraft was facing right? Well I don't have a view on the aircraft how should I know, the app disconnected and was unable to connect, if that app was just plain working I could probably prevent it but it didn't happened.

Yes, the aircraft followed my command you can see that on the log. Again I will ask you. If you're a pilot pulling the right stick down knowing it's an HL mode, will you pull the left stick down as well? That's just some plain stupid right?

See  a few seconds after I pulled down the right stick, the left stick suddenly pulled down indefinitely until it hits 100% that fast and stays there. Would you do that too knowing you're above the ocean?
Do you stop from that assumption? No mindy, why? I will ask you a simple question,  is the remote perfectly well made that it will not breakdown? It's just 3 weeks old in my hand (You can see the time I activated it) and that happened. Will you not be frustrated?

You have to understand why I have to defend it. Been flying for a while with my old p3a, this the first time that it happened. Now if the remote is not really covered and you keep ignoring it then I guess I have to let it go, but please take some real life situations and don't depend on the data gathered.
2017-3-16
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I feel your pain my friend.  I hope you get some result from this.  But I cannot see why DJI would ever take a view that if a person said they didn't pull the stick down then they didn't pull it and it must be a faulty controller.  If they did take that view then everyone would just claim the same and DJI would then have to replace every drone that crashed.

Good luck and again I am very sorry you lost your bird.
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenma Posted at 2017-3-16 12:18
Yeah I saw that warning so I switched back to HL mode to return it back. But even if the aircraft was drifted or got pushed by the wind, it should still go towards the HL location, no matter what the aircraft was facing right? Well I don't have a view on the aircraft how should I know, the app disconnected and was unable to connect, if that app was just plain working I could probably prevent it but it didn't happened.

Yes, the aircraft followed my command you can see that on the log. Again I will ask you. If you're a pilot pulling the right stick down knowing it's an HL mode, will you pull the left stick down as well? That's just some plain stupid right?

I'm sorry Kenma.  According to your flight records, we have determined the cause of your crash to be pilot error.
Sorry to inform you, but this is our final decision.
2017-3-19
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-19 18:12
I'm sorry Kenma.  According to your flight records, we have determined the cause of your crash to be pilot error.
Sorry to inform you, but this is our final decision.

That some kind of Bull**** then. You can't even track what happened to the remote. Are you saying your remote are perfect and well made enough that don't cause errors.  You're funny. You can't even answer my questions. You keep on dodging them. Is that how they teached you to analyze a data? Come on, you're saying it's "our" decision but it's actually "your" decision.

Because you can't give me the exact explanation that I want. It's because you don't know what to explain in the first place. There's a faulty there why do you guys doesn't even care about that. Come on Mindy, I dare you to answer all my questions. That's your job isn't. I'll also decided I won't stop, asking about the problem until I get a proper explanation. I just couldn't accept the fact that "you" decided to abandoned it.
2017-3-20
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-3-18 10:45
I feel your pain my friend.  I hope you get some result from this.  But I cannot see why DJI would ever take a view that if a person said they didn't pull the stick down then they didn't pull it and it must be a faulty controller.  If they did take that view then everyone would just claim the same and DJI would then have to replace every drone that crashed.

Good luck and again I am very sorry you lost your bird.

Apparently they won't give me the "right" results. Because they only care about getting the ticket "resolved" and not actually explaining why they came up with the decision.

Why they don't include the remote in the first place? It's part of the aircraft, it must be checked too right?
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenma Posted at 2017-3-20 12:25
That some kind of Bull**** then. You can't even track what happened to the remote. Are you saying your remote are perfect and well made enough that don't cause errors.  You're funny. You can't even answer my questions. You keep on dodging them. Is that how they teached you to analyze a data? Come on, you're saying it's "our" decision but it's actually "your" decision.

Because you can't give me the exact explanation that I want. It's because you don't know what to explain in the first place. There's a faulty there why do you guys doesn't even care about that. Come on Mindy, I dare you to answer all my questions. That's your job isn't. I'll also decided I won't stop, asking about the problem until I get a proper explanation. I just couldn't accept the fact that "you" decided to abandoned it.

Per your request, we have reviewed your flight data and still determined the cause of your crash to be pilot error. We're sorry that this result is not what you'd hoped for.
Our forum rules state that "posts arguing about company policies are not allowed." If you continue to dispute our decision, we will have to ban you from the forum.
2017-3-20
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 23:07
Per your request, we have reviewed your flight data and still determined the cause of your crash to be pilot error. We're sorry that this result is not what you'd hoped for.
Our forum rules state that "posts arguing about company policies are not allowed." If you continue to dispute our decision, we will have to ban you from the forum.

Guess I couldn't win with the argument. I'm just a customer who pi**ed off about the results. Who am I anyway. Bought an expensive drone. Flown it at 65m height, said I pulled it down straight to the ocean. Yet it's ended up a pilot error - despite other flight logs. You haven't checked the log thoroughly. Questions unanswered what kind of support is that?

Atleast help me to put up this to a repair then, if I couldn't get the warranty that I should be getting. Pls don't tell me it can't be repaired either.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry Kenma, your aircraft is liquid damaged and our repair center is unable to repair it because of the extensive damage.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules