Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[A3 PRO] Altitude drops
113 3 2017-3-9 02:37:54
visualworking
Beginner
Switzerland

Dear all,
yesterday I have tested my new X8 drone, 90cm motor to motor, MTOM 12,5kg, U7 490kv, 16” bottom, 15” top props, A3 Pro flight controller and an onboard embedded system to manage additional sensors.

While the drone flies very well in general, no vibrations and very rigid structure, when I tested it in windy conditions (gusty 10/15m/s) I experienced very poor altitude hold, as you can see in this video the drone kept dropping and gaining a couple of meters without pilot input. Horizontal postion hold was quite good.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any recommendation based on your experience in regards to A3 settings to improve flight performances?
Attached current (default) settings. Since I will mostly fly in windy conditions I hope fine tuning the settings will improve the poor performances.

2017-3-9 02:37:54
Use props
pandottsalby
Beginner
Switzerland

Nothing at all?
2017-3-10 03:46:53
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 34239
United States

In total, how much do you think your take off weight is? Just to clarify, what are you using for FPV and OSD information?
2017-3-10 17:35:26
Use props
Hanski
Beginner
Finland

Hi,
I would guess that the side wind is affecting the air pressure measurement. Have you tried to protect the main imu from air blowing to the measurement hole?
2017-3-16 13:14:07
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next