Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[A3 PRO] Altitude drops
2649 11 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
visualworking
lvl.1
Switzerland

Dear all,
yesterday I have tested my new X8 drone, 90cm motor to motor, MTOM 12,5kg, U7 490kv, 16” bottom, 15” top props, A3 Pro flight controller and an onboard embedded system to manage additional sensors.

While the drone flies very well in general, no vibrations and very rigid structure, when I tested it in windy conditions (gusty 10/15m/s) I experienced very poor altitude hold, as you can see in this video the drone kept dropping and gaining a couple of meters without pilot input. Horizontal postion hold was quite good.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any recommendation based on your experience in regards to A3 settings to improve flight performances?
Attached current (default) settings. Since I will mostly fly in windy conditions I hope fine tuning the settings will improve the poor performances.

2017-3-9
Use props
pandottsalby
lvl.1
Switzerland

Nothing at all?
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In total, how much do you think your take off weight is? Just to clarify, what are you using for FPV and OSD information?
2017-3-10
Use props
Hanski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53619 ft
Finland

Hi,
I would guess that the side wind is affecting the air pressure measurement. Have you tried to protect the main imu from air blowing to the measurement hole?
2017-3-16
Use props
pandottsalby
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 17:35
In total, how much do you think your take off weight is? Just to clarify, what are you using for FPV and OSD information?

Jamie, overall weight is around 13kg. I'm currently not getting OSD informations, soon I will install iOSD Mk II
2017-4-13
Use props
pandottsalby
lvl.1
Belgium

This are the settings...

2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

From what I can see, you could be able to make a few tweaks in the gains. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give you exact number values to try, but DJI did come out with a new tutorial for this section of the A3/N3 that may help you figure out how to best make the adjustments based on your motors:

Please let me know of this helps.

2017-4-13
Use props
pandottsalby
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 17:32
From what I can see, you could be able to make a few tweaks in the gains. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give you exact number values to try, but DJI did come out with a new tutorial for this section of the A3/N3 that may help you figure out how to best make the adjustments based on your motors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmsD1fUr5k8&feature=youtu.be

Dear Jamie, unfortunately I already followed that video and adjusted, it was even worst...
Altitude drops are very disturbing, it happens on all 3 my A3 PRO platforms, all built the same, so I think it must be something related either to algorithm or barometer "shielding"...

What's your opinion? Any suggestion?
2017-4-21
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.4

Germany

See #4.
A cover helps.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
PH@Wind_25_3_2017.jpg
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pandottsalby Posted at 2017-4-21 07:55
Dear Jamie, unfortunately I already followed that video and adjusted, it was even worst...
Altitude drops are very disturbing, it happens on all 3 my A3 PRO platforms, all built the same, so I think it must be something related either to algorithm or barometer "shielding"...

Are the other rigs with the same exact components, or are they just similar in specs? I can pass this on to the development team to see if there is anything else that can help rectify the situation.
2017-4-21
Use props
pandottsalby
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-21 14:50
Are the other rigs with the same exact components, or are they just similar in specs? I can pass this on to the development team to see if there is anything else that can help rectify the situation.

Dear Jamie, the other rigs are same exact components, we'll soon begin changing some "hardware" like ESCs/Motors combination to troubleshoot but if we could ask for a deeper issue investigation it would definitely be better
Please let me know what I need to provide you, our teams fly every day and we can share huge amounts of data!
2017-4-23
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

pandottsalby Posted at 2017-4-23 07:46
Dear Jamie, the other rigs are same exact components, we'll soon begin changing some "hardware" like ESCs/Motors combination to troubleshoot but if we could ask for a deeper issue investigation it would definitely be better
Please let me know what I need to provide you, our teams fly every day and we can share huge amounts of data!

Has anyone come up with a solution for this drop? I have the A3/LB2 in a S900 with E1200 pro arms and she flys well with preset gains for the size of machine I am flying but I have to keep the throttle above neutral to keep it in the air.

Thanks in advance.
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules