New Shield K1 update
1484 17 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Howdy to all you Sheild K1 owners, Nvida just droped an update (5.1) yesterday that improves stability, I am up Wyoming way and can not go flying.  Has anyone had a chance to see if this affects the DJI GO4 app crashing?
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-9
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I system upgraded my shield and will do the software update, I'm off work today so I'll try and do a test flight today.
2017-3-9
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Socalrob Posted at 2017-3-9 10:58
I system upgraded my shield and will do the software update, I'm off work today so I'll try and do a test flight today.

You rock.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-9
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm topping off Mavic battery and controller, my shield hasn't been used in over a week so I'm charging it and as soon as I get a decent charge I'll update the software and go out back for a test flight. My Mavic so far with all updates since December have been problem free. The only issues so far has been the dji go 4 app crashes mostly on my lg v20 phone. I haven't used the shield since the system update.
2017-3-9
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

I bought the shield but haven't updated yet. All the horror stories i've been reading here have put me off of it.
2017-3-9
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah got the shield update the other day, but I sort of discounted using it on the Mavic again, but seeing your thread I may just give it another run and see how it performs. Sorry I cant give any answers yet, but will if I get any soon.
2017-3-9
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to say but it's not working right on system and software update. I just went thru a full battery and go 4 app crashed twice. Also screen froze twice right before crash. If you haven't updated your shield to 7.0 , don't do it. My shield was working way better then this before these updates. Very disappointing.
2017-3-9
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Socalrob Posted at 2017-3-9 17:29
Sorry to say but it's not working right on system and software update. I just went thru a full battery and go 4 app crashed twice. Also screen froze twice right before crash. If you haven't updated your shield to 7.0 , don't do it. My shield was working way better then this before these updates. Very disappointing.

Thanks for that! I'll just keep moving the update to the side.
Can you still downgrade?
2017-3-10
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Socalrob Posted at 2017-3-9 17:29

Thank you for checking, here in Wyoming the past couple weeks when the wind dies down it is -15 when the temp climes we get 60 mph winds so I have not had a chance to get out there recently.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-10
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uhmmm, disappointing to hear that it is still crashing.  
I love my Shield for Gaming and Kodi and the social activity stuff, so its my non-droning device at the moment and I love the fact that its fully updated on Nougat, so I will let it stay away from my Mavic for now rather than downgrade it.
2017-3-10
Use props
Scoobydude
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Went out droning this afternoon, nvidia updated to 5.1 dji go 4 app crashed twice in a 25 minute flight. Switched to litchi app and had 75 minutes of trouble free flying. Didn't try any of the autonomous flight modes due to the email about them the other day. Hope they can sort the problem out soon. Litchi for me at the moment.
2017-3-10
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downgraded back to Marshmallow a few weeks back.. and have had no issues. The downgrade process was pretty laborious though. In the process, I also rooted the K1 which allowed me to completely turn off any nvidia update notifications.
2017-3-10
Use props
Scoobydude
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Had a look at the downgrade, struggled with some of the bits so gave up in the end, will have to find some geek to help me and roll back.

2017-3-10
Use props
G1DTF
First Officer
Flight distance : 230151 ft
United Kingdom

Its definitely worth rolling back to Marshmallow if you are running Go4. Lets hope dji eventually sorts out the probs with Go4 and Nougat.
2017-3-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, I am nervous about rolling back;I figure Crystal Sky is android based so they will have to get it together soon.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Well, I just use the Shield for GO 4 so maybe I will give it a try; what are the chances of bricking it?
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-12
Use props
G1DTF
First Officer
Flight distance : 230151 ft
United Kingdom

you can use the links in the following root tutorial to get minimal ADB and the Nvidia drivers.

http://nvidiashieldzone.com/shie ... d-tablet-k1-nougat/

Once you get these installed you can follow the "how flash recovery image" from the 1.5.0 recovery image download on the Nvidia developers site.

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?search=k1

The first tutorial will also help with unlocking your bootloader if its locked.
2017-3-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Wow, I scanned that and it is a bit beyond my scope. Thank you for the links.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules