Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with "Focus peak threshold" function
1500 6 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albatros24
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Hello, I am a French user...
I just found a problem on DJI GO 4 with my Note 3 / Android 5.1.1 :
I had loss of video return of several seconds, then the display was frozen... (after 2 minutes of flight)
I looked for a moment of where will come this lack of video return and I fell (phew!) on this setting :
If I activate the "Focus peak threshold" function, then the display of the video return degrades and then freezes (large pixels).
If I lower the level of this option to "Low" then it works a little better, but after 2-3 minutes the video will freeze.
If I deactivate "Focus peak threshold" then all is well !
I would like to know if you have a problem with that...
Thank you and good flights.

2017-3-9
Use props
disguy2k
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
It's most likely the phone isn't powerful enough to perform the calculations needed. Focus peak is calculated by the display device. It seems like it's on the limit of its capabilities. You should look at buying a cheap chinese tablet from somewhere like Banggood. They're under $100 and have plenty of power and a good display resolution.
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Albatros24, please try to reinstall the DJI GO app.
And please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.
2017-3-9
Use props
Albatros24
Second Officer
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-9 23:41
Hi Albatros24, please try to reinstall the DJI GO app.
And please make sure you do not have any programs running in the background.

Hello Mindy,
thank you for your reply, but I have already done several times the re-installation, without success.
There are Android settings: "Force Rendering GPI" or "Enable MSAA 4x", but no improvement ...
Yet NOTE 3 is in the list.
I will do without the "Focus Peaking"...
2017-3-10
Use props
rezky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10338 ft
Indonesia

Albatros24 Posted at 2017-3-10 00:20
Hello Mindy,
thank you for your reply, but I have already done several times the re-installation, without success.
There are Android settings: "Force Rendering GPI" or "Enable MSAA 4x", but no improvement ...

Hello, I'm using note 3 too with my mavic.
I can use focus peaking in low setting, but the result is the video stream is very lagging.
I tested it while the mavic on the ground, never tested it when flying.
what android version do you use? I'm using official samsung 5.0 lolipop

I'm experiencing video stream lag on my note 3 if I fly the mavic a bit far. Do you experience this also?
2017-3-12
Use props
Albatros24
Second Officer
France

Hello,
I also have the 5.0 and also the SmokkieRom 5.1.1 but that does not change anything.
As for the distance, I have not yet exceeded 300 m ! And no problem with video streams.
Good flights.
2017-3-13
Use props
Eraser339
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25502 ft
Australia

Hi I have a Samsung Note 3 5.0 as well. I read other forums about enabling developer mode and force GPU rendering. Just remember to unchecked "debug mode when USB Connected". Cheers
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules