Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot yaw Inspire 2 gimbal in air after firmware upgrade
1261 5 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Am I alone?

I can yaw by pressing C1 and using the left thumbwheel while on the ground (per usual for this aircraft), but in the air, it seems that it requires an additional selection of 'free mode' before I can yaw the gimbal . Am I missing something here?  The procedure seems to have been changed after the March 2017 FW upgrade.

Edited: see 'solution' in the third response on this thread by Electro-Nick
2017-3-9
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Was like that before the FW upgrade, was never able to yaw in flight unless in free mode.
2017-3-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-3-9 15:37
Was like that before the FW upgrade, was never able to yaw in flight unless in free mode.

Hmm, I think my problem is that I programmed the button to toggle Free / Follow instead of using the touch screen to select that.

What I should do is to select free and then use the C1 button press to yaw. Is this correct?
2017-3-9
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

It's working how it was designed. It hasn't changed in the firmware update. There was someone who could yaw their I2's  gimbal in any mode, but the firmware update 'fixed' that on their I2 and it works the same as the rest of us now.

You use either the Go4 icon or the c  button to toggle the gimbal out of Follow mode, then you can yaw it by holding the c button & rotating the left wheel. When done, press the c button (or icon) again to reset the gimbal back to forward facing Follow mode.
From what I've read, the I1 gimbal behaved slightly differently, but this is the way the I2 has always behaved so far.

2017-3-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-3-10 01:28
It's working how it was designed. It hasn't changed in the firmware update. There was someone who could yaw their I2's  gimbal in any mode, but the firmware update 'fixed' that and it works as it's meant to now ;) .

You use either the Go4 icon or the c  button to toggle the gimbal out of Follow mode, then you can yaw it by holding the c button & dealing the left wheel. When done, press the c button (or icon) again to reset the gimbal back to forward facing Follow mode.

Crystal clear! this saves having to hit the 'forward face gimbal' on C2 to do that and allows C2 to serve another purpose. Thanks again.
2017-3-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

There is another similar post on this forum entitled 'gimbal lock'. The behaviour of the pan function HAS changed from the previous version. Some pilots may have used a particular procedure in the past and for them it hasn't changed but for those of us who used to toggle panning by clicking and holding C1, the new firmware has you touch the screen, activate free (follow is set by default), and then the C1 button behaves like before. The advantage of this mod is that C2 can be reserved for another function but it does entail a slight shift in behaviour.
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules