Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prop Upgrades
876 10 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

I'm in the process or repairing my P4p - after a crash.

Anyway, I ordered:
These Props/Mount

and I am very excited to do away with the little tiny plastic quick release tabs, those things made me SO nervoous anyway.

I am wondering if anyone here has used these? Wondering your thoughts
or do you have some (NON quick release) - that you like better???

I want the very strongest and best.

thanks

2017-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are they suitable for p4p.
2017-3-10
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

I understand being nervous about the quick release, but I haven't had any issues with mine, and I love how fast I can be airborne.  Unless anyone responds, I guess you can let us know how it goes.
2017-3-10
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-3-10 11:04
I understand being nervous about the quick release, but I haven't had any issues with mine, and I love how fast I can be airborne.  Unless anyone responds, I guess you can let us know how it goes.

company says they are.  - Apparently the P4 and P4P are the same on that.
2017-3-10
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-3-10 11:04

I will absolutely report back here how it goes for me.

I believe if I had these, I wouldn't have had a crash. the quick release pop off so easy and obviously you crash with only 3.

the little tabs just make me so very nervous, tiny little plastic tab all that holds the aircraft in the air.... seems bad to be...

I do agree with you on how quick to get in the air, but my intention is to buy a case that holds it WITH props on. and just leave them on.
2017-3-10
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Yeah, if you have them already installed and ready to go you would be set.  If it goes well for you, it would be something I would consider if I ever had any issues.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had hundreds of flight with stock P4 props and have never once had any issue.
In the old days I would use aftermarket props but since the Phantom3, the props are great.
2017-3-10
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.4
United States

Personally I consider the quick release feature a big advantage and I have never heard about any issue with the propeller being released accidently by its own, so I wouldn't be so afraid.
What I personally would consider a weak point of the stock propellers is that they are made of plastic and not reinforced with carbon fiber, but I can't see any indication that the ones you ordered are either. Another "issue", at least for me, is noise level, so if any propellers offer a significant reduction of it I would definitely be interested to see them.

I looked them up on Amazon, hoping to find some reviews, but this model is not offered there. The same company has some other models available on Amazon and they have quite positive reviews though.

We will definitely be interested to hear from you after you test them.

2017-3-10
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-10 11:31
Personally I consider the quick release feature a big advantage and I have never heard about any issue with the propeller being released accidently by its own, so I wouldn't be so afraid.
What I personally would consider a weak point of the stock propellers is that they are made of plastic and not reinforced with carbon fiber, but I can't see any indication that the ones you ordered are either. Another "issue", at least for me, is noise level, so if any propellers offer a significant reduction of it I would definitely be interested to see them.

I will be happy to fully and honestly report every aspect of it

and I agree about the cheap plastic of the stock props.

they claim these to be quieter and more efficient so that will be a nice bonus to me.

but toughness is the most important thing to me.
I had considered that since DJI designed the quick release, they wouldn't, if it wasn't reasonably reliable... and I think it is, if nothing ever happens... I think the strength improvement in the mount and prop, adds extra safety, and IMO, on something this expensive, I fully welcome that!
2017-3-10
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-10 11:31

"What I personally would consider a weak point of the stock propellers is  that they are made of plastic and not reinforced with carbon fiber..."

That might turn into a strong point when an incident occurs. Carbon props are vicious to anything that interferes with them.
I'll keep my hands off those for a while ;-)

2017-3-10
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-10 12:41
"What I personally would consider a weak point of the stock propellers is  that they are made of plastic and not reinforced with carbon fiber..."

That might turn into a strong point when an incident occurs. Carbon props are vicious to anything that interferes with them.

Yeah, I guess anything can turn into a double-edged sword if used incorrectly, or without proper caution, even a kitchen knife
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules