1067 13 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 640203 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, my Inspire 1 Pro is coming up to being one year old and I have had to send it back to where it was born..DJI. CVP in Studley, Warwickshire where I purchased it from have sent it back for me (great customer service) and I wonder how DJI will treat me. It is still within the one year warranty.
For the past four months or so I have been plagued with the "Weak transmission signal", "Aircraft disconnected", No transmission signal", intermittent black & white display on my iPad Air2 and a few days ago I had 2 self landings after it said the "aircraft disconnected", it landed quite safely.
Is it a hardware problem or is it a firmware problem?
Stupidly I did update to the latest versions of everything...shouldn't have done that !
If only there was a way to "reset" everything.  
For a good six months everything was fine, really happy with no issues at all. No crashes, no prangs and I often wondered what all the issues were that lots of other Inspire users were faced with.  
I can't really pin point when the issues started but I have been left with an unsafe Inspire.  
I feel that I shouldn't have chased solutions by installing the updated firmware & Go App's because I feel that I will never get my original Inspire back !
I will report with findings when it "returns to home".

2017-3-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

No, unfortunately there is no "System Reset" back to the original firmware, you can only rollback ONE version of firmware in order on the AC. (so if at 1.9 to 1.8 but NOT back to say 1.7.)

You may want to try a more powerful go app device for the video problems , as the systems become more complex the older go app devices can't keep up , I know it worked in the past but depending on MANY factors it may or may not work NOW.

Try an I pad Pro or Or an I pad Air .  Just keep in mind  It must have a MINIMUM of an A7 processor.  

good Luck

donnie

2017-3-11
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie,  Ive been using a 128gig  iPad Air2 which I think is the latest spec since I bought the Inspire.  The problems are either firmware or a physical problem with the UAV or controller.  I did the stupid thing of chasing the solution by updating firmware but I jumped one version.  I installed the latest firmware wchich I think is 1.10 from the 1.8  I had been running with great success.  The problems started to show themselves on the 1.8 so I thought I'd just install the latest version now of course I can't go back to 1.8 only back to 1.9.  I've sent the Inspire back to DJI through my retailer, it's still under warranty.  It really got to the stage where it felt unsafe to use.  I did hear something loose inside the RC transmitter so maybe that is the problem.  All the error messages related to weak or no transmission signals which I don't reckon had anything to do with the iPad.  I'll report back when I hear anything.
John
2017-3-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2017-3-11 10:02
Donnie,  Ive been using a 128gig  iPad Air2 which I think is the latest spec since I bought the Inspire.  The problems are either firmware or a physical problem with the UAV or controller.  I did the stupid thing of chasing the solution by updating firmware but I jumped one version.  I installed the latest firmware wchich I think is 1.10 from the 1.8  I had been running with great success.  The problems started to show themselves on the 1.8 so I thought I'd just install the latest version now of course I can't go back to 1.8 only back to 1.9.  I've sent the Inspire back to DJI through my retailer, it's still under warranty.  It really got to the stage where it felt unsafe to use.  I did hear something loose inside the RC transmitter so maybe that is the problem.  All the error messages related to weak or no transmission signals which I don't reckon had anything to do with the iPad.  I'll report back when I hear anything.
John

Yes be sure to let me know what they find, I am interested .

donnie
2017-3-11
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-11 10:09
Yes be sure to let me know what they find, I am interested .

donnie

Donnie,  will do.  From another thread in which you are helping you mention the iPad & A7 processor.  I do hope that DJI don't push the Go App further meaning we have to upgrade our iPads to more powerful specs beyond the A7.  Why don't DJI allow a "reset to default" on their products ? It would solve a lot of issues and save users a lot of money buying newer iPads.  DJI are being a bit naughty in my opinion if they go down that road.  Forgot,  you can now buy DJI products in Apple stores!
2017-3-11
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie, thanks for you input.  Your thinking on the iPad (or tablet) maybe being the issue puzzles me.  Surely its the transmitter and the Inspire that talk to each other and the iPad (in my case) is purely a visual aid to display the communications.  All my fault messages relate to "transmission" errors/faults and as far as I can see the iPad has nothing to do with the transmission of signals to the quad.  Am I wrong think like this ? I can understand that maybe if the tablet was "underpowered" that it would have difficulty in displaying the information in the "live" situation that we have with the signals from the transmitter to the quad and back again.  
2017-3-12
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

jjphoto Posted at 2017-3-12 11:27
Donnie, thanks for you input.  Your thinking on the iPad (or tablet) maybe being the issue puzzles me.  Surely its the transmitter and the Inspire that talk to each other and the iPad (in my case) is purely a visual aid to display the communications.  All my fault messages relate to "transmission" errors/faults and as far as I can see the iPad has nothing to do with the transmission of signals to the quad.  Am I wrong think like this ? I can understand that maybe if the tablet was "underpowered" that it would have difficulty in displaying the information in the "live" situation that we have with the signals from the transmitter to the quad and back again.

Good Luck with DJI I think you might just need it.
Karl
2017-3-14
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 11:41
Good Luck with DJI I think you might just need it.
Karl

Well,  after around a month I've got the Inspire back from DJI.  They replaced the "flight controller module".  One test flight today and I didn't get a single glitch or error message.  More testing tomorrow,  time will tell. Fingers crossed
2017-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

John

I see that you are in the UK... right. So others have been putting the device location in the US and then going into the DJI Go App HD video settings. Now you can change to the custom (manual) settings  pick a good (clean) channel...  problem fixed

Edit... sounds like DJI fixed some things too  ... simple fix for now until they come out with the next FW update.
Rich
2017-4-3
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-3 10:30
I see that you are in the UK... right. So others have been putting the device location in the US and then going into the DJI Go App HD video settings. Now you can change to the custom (manual) settings  pick a good (clean) channel...  problem fixed

Edit... sounds like DJI fixed some things too  ... simple fix for now until they come out with the next FW update.

RichJ53.. I saw that channel fix the other day while it was away for repair so if I need to I'll give it a try.  The only worry is if the channel you choose happens to be used by someone else at the same time.  What happens then?  I know many years ago when I was flying RC planes you had to select a colour/channel that wasn't being used by other RC flyers otherwise there would be a certain clash.
2017-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2017-4-3 10:43
RichJ53.. I saw that channel fix the other day while it was away for repair so if I need to I'll give it a try.  The only worry is if the channel you choose happens to be used by someone else at the same time.  What happens then?  I know many years ago when I was flying RC planes you had to select a colour/channel that wasn't being used by other RC flyers otherwise there would be a certain clash.

JP
I have been using custom or manual mode on my Inspire for a long time now. Sometimes you need to change the channel depending on the location but I have never had a problem. This is for the HD video feed only and would not affect your remote.  no worries it is not like the old days when we shared the RC frequency's  

Rich
2017-4-3
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-3 11:09
JP
I have been using custom or manual mode on my Inspire for a long time now. Sometimes you need to change the channel depending on the location but I have never had a problem. This is for the HD video feed only and would not affect your remote.  no worries it is not like the old days when we shared the RC frequency's  

Thanks for the explanation RichJ53.
2017-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2017-4-3 13:30
Thanks for the explanation RichJ53.

Hi JP

no problem, just wanted you to keep this in mind as one other option. Have fun with your Inspire 1

Rich
2017-4-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

John

The 'Disconnected' issue is a a result of poor contact somewhere along the USB cable chain (could be from the RC jack, to the cable, to the iPad Air 2 jack.

Weak signal etc: different atmospheric conditions, more wifi users in your flying area are the usual suspects. Also, just check your antenna orientation as well.
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules