Moondog Labs lens for iPhone 7 / 7+
4154 5 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
exprezchef
lvl.1
United States

Anybody have any insight into the availability of a clip on Moondog Labs anamorphic lens for the iPnone 7 / 7+ ?

I have emailed and even attempted to call the company numerous times with no replys and nobody ever answers the phone. Is this company still around?

In their FAQ they indicate they are workoing on a version for the 7 and 7+ but that has been there since the phone was released.

I know you can buy a Beastgrip, lens and lense adapter for use with the phone but was looking for the clip on lense that is available for the earlier iPhones as I want to use it with the Osmo Mobile.

2017-3-11
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The only version of the Moondog Labs anamorphic lens at this time that can be used with the iPhone 7 or 7+ is the 37mm threaded version with the Beastgrip Pro mount. The clip-on version does not fit on the iPhone 7 or 7+ because of 1) The way the lens protrudes on the 7/7+ compared to the iPhone 6/6+, and 2) Because of the difference in the placement of the lenses on the iPhone 7+, where there are now two lenses. In other words they do not line up exactly like they do on the 6/6+. It is also my understanding that they are working on a solution for the 7/7+, but have mentioned that in the long run it may simply not be possible to produce a clip-on version. Finally, and most importantly, the DJI Osmo Mobile can handle the weight of the iPhone 7+, but I highly doubt it would balance properly with the added weight of a clip-on lens.
2017-3-28
Use props
Mandelay
New
Austria

Hi, I have a set up with the moondog lab anamorphic sense (iPhone SE + Osmo mobile + moondog labs anamorphic lense + Filmic Pro) - and I have a small problem:
in the standard mode of the Osmo you can see the osmo's roll axis on the right edge of the screen - this happens due to the perspective of the anamorphic lense and the small size of the iPhone SE which forces you to put it to the very right side of the holder in order to achieve a balanced position -  does anybody know how to solve this?
Thanks
TT
2017-4-1
Use props
fans4f0171c7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Mandelay Posted at 2017-4-1 02:31
Hi, I have a set up with the moondog lab anamorphic sense (iPhone SE + Osmo mobile + moondog labs anamorphic lense + Filmic Pro) - and I have a small problem:
in the standard mode of the Osmo you can see the osmo's roll axis on the right edge of the screen - this happens due to the perspective of the anamorphic lense and the small size of the iPhone SE which forces you to put it to the very right side of the holder in order to achieve a balanced position -  does anybody know how to solve this?
Thanks

Counterbalance.  You need to add some weight to the opposite side of the phone or the Osmo arm.  I saw a video where a guy made an epoxy weight he put on the Osmo arm.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans76ecc153
New
United States

Moondog labs now make an Osmo Counterweight. Getting mine today, but should work for a variety of lens additions.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans507c0efe
New

Canada

fans76ecc153 Posted at 2017-5-24 10:20
Moondog labs now make an Osmo Counterweight. Getting mine today, but should work for a variety of lens additions.

The Iphone 7/7+ is out.
I have a quick question, how are the new lens any different from the 37mm thread? apart from the customized design for iphone7, is there anything special about the new lens ?

I want to buy one, but not sure if i need to buy the  iphone 7 specific lens or buy the 37mm thread lens which can be used with any phone ?

any suggestion is appreciated !!

2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules