Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimball clamp and overload
843 5 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M_str
lvl.1
Belgium

Hello !
Was sure that would happen, not thought it would the first day though  
Downloading the videos of the day, I turned on the mavic pro on my desk with the gimball clamp on : so the app told me "gimball overload" ...  Took off the clamp and no more alert.
Most probably, it will happen again ... I guess I should avoid it, but is it like "bad" ?  "really bad" ?  "not so bad" ?
Thanks
2017-3-11
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I'm not sure how the programming is written . If it can sense the condition to give you an alert it should be able to just switch off power to the gimbal to prevent any damage . It just senses the amperage to the gimbal motors I'm sure .
2017-3-11
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

Don't keep doing that as it is bad for the gimbal motor. You really only need that piece from transport. When you power up and connect your Mavic it runs diagnostics on the gimbal motor and moves to make sure it's OK. When you start it up without the plastic piece do you get the overload error message still?
2017-3-11
Use props
M_str
lvl.1
Belgium

I would hope it is able to stop trying to move and prevent damage yes ...
if not, I don't know if I should continue to use the clamp : all about risks/benefits ...
No more message since I pull it out.  Hope it stays that way !
2017-3-11
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-88220-1-1.html check out these quick tips
2017-3-11
Use props
M_str
lvl.1
Belgium

Snap_Shot Posted at 2017-3-11 11:44
http://forum.dji.com/thread-88220-1-1.html check out these quick tips

I did !  But they don't say how bad it is  
This clamp is boring me from the beginning  : not so easy to put/pull, transparent so you can really easily forget about it, ...  And OK to think about it when about to fly, but on my desk ... really ...
I guess I am not the only one who had this alert ?!

2017-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules