Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems After Crash.
886 5 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253 ft
United States

I am seeking some wisdom. .... Here is the deal.After a crash, my camera came disconnected from the body. Since then I have replaced the wifi antennas that broke off, and things are KIND OF working with a few acceptions.
Upon firing the P3 up the gimbal does it's movements and I can see video on the DJI GO app.
However, the controler will not tilt the camera. AND DJU GO reads "aircraft disconnected".
NOTE, before my repair, the P3 still will fly in manual/no dji go app.
My next thought would be to replace the cable set (grey ribbon cable from camera to the body) my thoughts are it could have been damaged in the fall?
Thoughts? Suggestions? Could I be doomed?
2017-3-11
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
United States

NOTE: the camera also will beep continually in a two beep burst.
2017-3-11
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
United States

If it's helpful to anyone I solved the issue.  I bought a new cable set (part 81) and I am flying!!! It's not east to replace but, saved me a couple hundred dollars! Hope this helps!
2017-3-13
Use props
Quad man
lvl.1

Canada

Lynch1lr Posted at 2017-3-13 13:13
If it's helpful to anyone I solved the issue.  I bought a new cable set (part 81) and I am flying!!! It's not east to replace but, saved me a couple hundred dollars! Hope this helps!

My p3s does the same thing as yours. Was the gimbal nacelle disconnected in flight? My videos cut and lag directly on the sd card. I have sounds with repetitions biip biip ... My drone is used I think it has already crash. You saw a cut on your old cable? I need help.
2017-3-19
Use props
Lynch1lr
lvl.1
United States

Quad man Posted at 2017-3-19 15:35
My p3s does the same thing as yours. Was the gimbal nacelle disconnected in flight? My videos cut and lag directly on the sd card. I have sounds with repetitions biip biip ... My drone is used I think it has already crash. You saw a cut on your old cable? I need help.

1. When you open the app, does it say "Aircraft Disconnected" ?
  - I have noticed the beeps are because the gimbal is not connecting
2. Does the gimbal adjustment on your remote still tilt the camera?
- This was one of the symptoms that a new cable set cured.

HERE IS A TEST YOU CAN DO. Make sure all of the pins on the cable set (grey ribbon cable) are correctly inserted to the white clip housing. (you will notice there are more pin holes then actual pins) make sure they are as tight to the "left" as possible (left drone is when drone is facing away). (Try both sides in case I am wrong)
ALSO If you said there was a tear on your cable, I think you need a new cable set.  All of the pins are necessary to have full gimbal control.

When I did this experiment, I was able to fix all of my issues. Technically I didn't even need a new cable, but I bought one just to be safe.

NOTE: I have pulled and reattached the pins on my P3S countless times, you won't hurt anything.
2017-3-21
Use props
Quad man
lvl.1

Canada

Lynch1lr Posted at 2017-3-21 11:25
1. When you open the app, does it say "Aircraft Disconnected" ?
  - I have noticed the beeps are because the gimbal is not connecting
2. Does the gimbal adjustment on your remote still tilt the camera?

No my gimbal is fine the tilt work great. I have downgrade the firmware and the problem about video cut on SD card is left ! But the gimbal vibrate not on ground but in flight. Jello in video also but if touch the gimbal a little the sound and vibration gone ! Then I'm lift-off again and the issue back again.on the ground all is great !   
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules