Crashed my drone
1969 14 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dale101
lvl.1
United States

Recently crashed my ph.3 std. The camera broke off. Contacted support and they were on it to get me flying again. Today I'm shipping it off for repairs. I hope this next part is fast as the first.
2017-3-11
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Yeah Dale, I'm afraid you are in for a ride from DJI Support!  They will most likely swap drones with you and not explain why, just saying that is in their policy and even furnish you with the link.  However, I have been dealing with them for 5 weeks trying to find out why my Phantom 4 crashed and I have yet gotten a straight answer from them!  Even the apparently honest ones are contradicted by someone else.  I've given up on dealing directly with them.  I just hope they give you better service than most who post here.
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, we'll take care of it after it arrives, for any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-3-11 20:15
Yeah Dale, I'm afraid you are in for a ride from DJI Support!  They will most likely swap drones with you and not explain why, just saying that is in their policy and even furnish you with the link.  However, I have been dealing with them for 5 weeks trying to find out why my Phantom 4 crashed and I have yet gotten a straight answer from them!  Even the apparently honest ones are contradicted by someone else.  I've given up on dealing directly with them.  I just hope they give you better service than most who post here.
Good luck,
Jim

Jim, we are sorry to hear your experience.
May we have your case number so that we can look into it and get the information about what happened?
2017-3-12
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-12 00:42
Jim, we are sorry to hear your experience.
May we have your case number so that we can look into it and get the information about what happened?

Sure DJI-Natalie, my case number was CAS-422099-T6G3T8.  When this all started about 5 weeks ago, all I wanted was to be told why my Phantom 4 flipped over and powered into the ground.  Now after I have been lied to so many times, it has gone beyond that.  The state of Mississippi's Attorney General's office is now working with me on getting this resolved.  If you have a private email address, I'd love to send you some of the documents I have accumulated since February 5th.  
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-12
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-3-12 08:23
Sure DJI-Natalie, my case number was CAS-422099-T6G3T8.  When this all started about 5 weeks ago, all I wanted was to be told why my Phantom 4 flipped over and powered into the ground.  Now after I have been lied to so many times, it has gone beyond that.  The state of Mississippi's Attorney General's office is now working with me on getting this resolved.  If you have a private email address, I'd love to send you some of the documents I have accumulated since February 5th.  
Thanks,
Jim

DJI-Natalia, please check your PM's.
Jim
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-3-12 08:23
Thanks,
Jim

Thanks for the information, Jim. We're now checking your case with our related team, will get back to you as soon as possible.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I only received you PM said that " The only damage was to the gimbal mount and part of the shell. Can you tell me if anyone else has had this happen and why it did so? I need to know before I fly it again. Thanks, "

While we checked your case with data analysis team, since you're not able to provide us the flight records when it happens, we cannot analyze what caused the problem. Besides, the flight data saved into the aircraft has been damaged since you kept powering it on and off.
To get the drone analyzed, customers must provide us flight records or data.
Due to the limitation of proof, we cannot help you analyze it, sorry for the crash again.
2017-3-13
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-13 22:46
I only received you PM said that " The only damage was to the gimbal mount and part of the shell. Can you tell me if anyone else has had this happen and why it did so? I need to know before I fly it again. Thanks, "

While we checked your case with data analysis team, since you're not able to provide us the flight records when it happens, we cannot analyze what caused the problem. Besides, the flight data saved into the aircraft has been damaged since you kept powering it on and off.

Hmmmm, well I would have thought that DJI could have let everyone know that it was up to us to furnish proof with the flight data logs!  This is the first time I have heard that mentioned, other than from Florence and April and I have never believed anything coming from either of them.  Also,  you said I damaged the onboard logs by turning it on and off?   I hardly think that the 4 or 5 flights I made with the crashed drone could have damaged the records as there was no more action taken to power those flights than any before.  If that is the case then everyone with a Phantom 4 is flying around with damaged flight data logs!  Why not post this information publicly so others will know this?  Actually it sounds like an easy excuse for DJI to deny a warranty claim in my case since they are unable to prove that my drone somehow did not right itself after it flipped to the inverted position!

Well, at least you were honest enough to reply to my question even though I know you are wrong.  I am continuing this dispute because I know that this event will happen again and again until it hurts or kills someone and then your company will have serious problems because this inverted crash is well documented.  
Thanks,
Jim
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-3-15 19:47
Hmmmm, well I would have thought that DJI could have let everyone know that it was up to us to furnish proof with the flight data logs!  This is the first time I have heard that mentioned, other than from Florence and April and I have never believed anything coming from either of them.  Also,  you said I damaged the onboard logs by turning it on and off?   I hardly think that the 4 or 5 flights I made with the crashed drone could have damaged the records as there was no more action taken to power those flights than any before.  If that is the case then everyone with a Phantom 4 is flying around with damaged flight data logs!  Why not post this information publicly so others will know this?  Actually it sounds like an easy excuse for DJI to deny a warranty claim in my case since they are unable to prove that my drone somehow did not right itself after it flipped to the inverted position!

Well, at least you were honest enough to reply to my question even though I know you are wrong.  I am continuing this dispute because I know that this event will happen again and again until it hurts or kills someone and then your company will have serious problems because this inverted crash is well documented.  

I'm sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately this still does not change that no further evaluation can be done without supplying the necessary information on your end. Unless you can produce the necessary information needed to reverse the decision, there's nothing further that can be done.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

OP, I'm sure you'll be up and running again in no time.
2017-3-15
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-15 20:01
OP, I'm sure you'll be up and running again in no time.

Up and running?  Had I been depending on DJI to do what they promised, I would not have been.  The new drone that was shipped to me came without the four retainer springs that apply tension to the propellers to lock them in place.  I called Support and this person, said he would mail them to me the next day.  I asked about overnight shipping since it was DJI's screwup but no way, so mail it was.  However, he somehow forgot to mail them.  I still have not received tghem though I have asked everyone I have had contact with, now even you, to send those to me.  Ibet they are very expensive, probably nearly a dollar a pair, so I understand.  What I don't understand though is absolutely poor customer service!  
Jim
WA5TEF

OH, and yes, I'll watch the mail to see if you get them shipped to me.  Betcha that you don't either.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-3-16 08:03
Up and running?  Had I been depending on DJI to do what they promised, I would not have been.  The new drone that was shipped to me came without the four retainer springs that apply tension to the propellers to lock them in place.  I called Support and this person, said he would mail them to me the next day.  I asked about overnight shipping since it was DJI's screwup but no way, so mail it was.  However, he somehow forgot to mail them.  I still have not received tghem though I have asked everyone I have had contact with, now even you, to send those to me.  Ibet they are very expensive, probably nearly a dollar a pair, so I understand.  What I don't understand though is absolutely poor customer service!  
Jim
WA5TEF

These parts were shipped to you recently. I've PM'd you your tracking information in case you have not seen it yet.
2017-3-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-16 09:18
These parts were shipped to you recently. I've PM'd you your tracking information in case you have not seen it yet.

Thanks!  You are the first DJI employee to have done what they said, after I have had contect with 6 others!  I await the arrival.
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-17
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie, I see that I did not follow up with a post on this on.  I want to let everyone know that DJI-Jamie did, in fact send me the spring mounts for the 4 propellers that were left off the new drone I was sent!  In fact she got not only the springs shipped but the complete mounting system including the screws!  THAT is what DJI should be able to do in EVERY case with a contact with customers.  Errors  in doing what is promised is one of the things that has caused so much negative experiences with DJI's customers.  Hopefully soon, they will understand this.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules