Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Getting "2No. ESC error" on new Inspire 2
3485 26 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jahumphr
lvl.1

United States

I have about 3 flights on this new Inspire 2 and now i am getting the ESC error.  No crashes no hard landings. Give me the ESC error when outdoors. Here is the catch, after being indoors for about 15-20 mins the Inspire 2 boots fine and is ready to fly in ATTI mode. It will always start ready ti fly indoors. If i take it back outdoors it may boot the first time and work but if i reboot it again it will give the ESC error everytime I reboot. I have calibrated the compass and IMU. I have the latest firmware released 3/2/17 and have even reloaded that firmware to make sure. The unit is not working correctly. Any ideas?
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You notice the error after firmware update or out of the box?
2017-3-11
Use props
jahumphr
lvl.1

United States

It was after the latest firmware update.
2017-3-12
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100118 ft
Colombia

CAS-484620-W8J7K0  I am a consumer of all dji products.  I share with you my case and the bad experience I had with the warranty of my product.   On February 27, I unpacked my inspire 2 and this unit was defective with the problem of ESC STATUS ERROR.  I have not been able to use it because the technical support tells me that I have to send it to the United States for repair.  I am losing customers and my job by mistake of DJI.  I have decided to assume the shipping costs, but now dji informs me that I have to attach the purchase invoice of the unit to be able to change the defective aircraft, is not enough the activation date of the product as does apple with its products?  THE COLOMBIAN AERONAUTICAL AUTHORITY REQUIRES THE ORIGINAL SALE INVOICE OF THE EQUIPMENT FOR REGISTRATION AND I DO NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE INVOICE.  WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE MY WARRANTY EFFECTIVE? I FEEL CHEATED   I HOPE DJI UNDERSTAND MY CASE AND TRY TO DO SOMETHING WITH THIS.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jahumphr Posted at 2017-3-12 09:19
It was after the latest firmware update.

Thanks, it needs to be sent in for evaluation, our engineers will help you take care of it.
You can submit a case and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

manuel cabrales Posted at 2017-3-12 11:35
CAS-484620-W8J7K0  I am a consumer of all dji products.  I share with you my case and the bad experience I had with the warranty of my product.   On February 27, I unpacked my inspire 2 and this unit was defective with the problem of ESC STATUS ERROR.  I have not been able to use it because the technical support tells me that I have to send it to the United States for repair.  I am losing customers and my job by mistake of DJI.  I have decided to assume the shipping costs, but now dji informs me that I have to attach the purchase invoice of the unit to be able to change the defective aircraft, is not enough the activation date of the product as does apple with its products?  THE COLOMBIAN AERONAUTICAL AUTHORITY REQUIRES THE ORIGINAL SALE INVOICE OF THE EQUIPMENT FOR REGISTRATION AND I DO NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE INVOICE.  WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE MY WARRANTY EFFECTIVE? I FEEL CHEATED   I HOPE DJI UNDERSTAND MY CASE AND TRY TO DO SOMETHING WITH THIS.

We sincerely apologize for the issue you're experiencing.
We've informed our repair department about your case and will escalate it soon for more details.
2017-3-14
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-14 00:02
We sincerely apologize for the issue you're experiencing.
We've informed our repair department about your case and will escalate it soon for more details.

Thanks Natalia, I hope you can help me.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

manuel cabrales Posted at 2017-3-14 16:09
Thanks Natalia, I hope you can help me.

Our support sent you an e-mail for this case, please feel free to reply the e-mail for any questions, thank you.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

May I know you sent it in already or not? If so, what is the case number?
If you have not sent it in, would you please help us export the flight data when the ESC error occurred, which is helpful for us the locate the problem, thank you so much.
2017-3-15
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 04:06
If you have not sent it in, would you please help us export the flight data when the ESC error occurred, which is helpful for us the locate the problem, thank you so much.

Good morning, natalia, Mr. THOMAS CB communicated with me, but I did not answer the email, I sent you the video of my problem.

I NEED URGENTLY YOUR HELP TO KNOW WHICH IS THE STEP TO FOLLOW

2017-3-15
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

Attach emails sent and received by your advisor.

He did not answer me any more

Captura 1.JPG
Captura 2.JPG
2017-3-15
Use props
Syndicate_X
lvl.1
United States

Downgrade Firmware to last known working version. Factory reset. Calibrate. 1.03 is TRASH and almost caused my P4P to crash on a couple occasions. I would AVOID 1.03 until they are done BETA testing it on you and your $6,000 drone.
2017-3-15
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

Syndicate_X Posted at 2017-3-15 16:22
Downgrade Firmware to last known working version. Factory reset. Calibrate. 1.03 is TRASH and almost caused my P4P to crash on a couple occasions. I would AVOID 1.03 until they are done BETA testing it on you and your $6,000 drone.

Hello, thanks for your comment . Unfortunately the aircraft presents this error from the day I opened its box. The sad thing about this subject is that dji does not respond to me without the original purchase invoice
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

manuel cabrales Posted at 2017-3-15 08:31
Attach emails sent and received by your advisor.

He did not answer me any more

We're aware of your case and have informed our support team to help you handle it soon.
2017-3-15
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 23:38
We're aware of your case and have informed our support team to help you handle it soon.

Thanks Natalia, but unfortunately this communication has not arrived, more than 15 days have passed and I still have no solution.

As I told you yesterday, one of his advisers communicated with me, but I did not become a responder again.

Another day with no solution
2017-3-16
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

Thanks Natalia, but unfortunately this communication has not arrived, more than 15 days have passed and I still have no solution.

As I told you yesterday, one of his advisers communicated with me, but I did not become a responder again.

2017-3-16
Use props
manuel cabrales
lvl.1
Colombia

2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

manuel cabrales Posted at 2017-3-16 03:32

I got an update that you have sent it out, we'll take care of it when it arrives.
2017-3-16
Use props
jahumphr
lvl.1

United States

We sent it back to drone nerds where we bought it. They are going to replace it. I ran it down to a cold temp problem. It would give the error everytime after getting down to about 47 F. Take it inside for 30mins and it would boot fine. Take back out side fly for about 10 mins. reboot then get ESC error again. I then got a warm set of batteries and tried them in the cold inspire but it still have error.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jahumphr Posted at 2017-3-22 14:27
We sent it back to drone nerds where we bought it. They are going to replace it. I ran it down to a cold temp problem. It would give the error everytime after getting down to about 47 F. Take it inside for 30mins and it would boot fine. Take back out side fly for about 10 mins. reboot then get ESC error again. I then got a warm set of batteries and tried them in the cold inspire but it still have error.

Thank you for the information, hope you can receive the replaced drone soon and get it back to fly.
2017-3-23
Use props
Werner2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2080886 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi, I have also a new inspire 2 and after approx. 20 flights and after upgrading to the latest software update V01.01.0010 I am getting the ESC error. I installed the software again, but after a few seconds of flight the ESC error occurs. I read on the internet that there are several people with the same problem. Is there already a solution Natalia (DJI)?
2017-7-19
Use props
Werner2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Is there already a solution Natalia (DJI); after the latest update V01.01.0010 I have the same problem and with me a lot of people I read on the internet. Thanks.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Werner2 Posted at 2017-7-19 06:28
Is there already a solution Natalia (DJI); after the latest update V01.01.0010 I have the same problem and with me a lot of people I read on the internet. Thanks.

Have you tried to refresh the firmware? If the problem persists, the drone will need to be sent in for repair. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-7-20
Use props
Werner2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-20 00:12
Have you tried to refresh the firmware? If the problem persists, the drone will need to be sent in for repair. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, I refreshed the firmware several times. I will sent it in for repair. It's a pitty. It's a new device....
2017-7-20
Use props
LPE
New

France

Hello

same problem here, just took of the brand new inspire 2 from the box and ESC error couldn't fly it yet
is there any solution to test the esc?
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Werner2 Posted at 2017-7-20 05:53
Yes, I refreshed the firmware several times. I will sent it in for repair. It's a pitty. It's a new device....

Really sorry for the trouble brought, repair team will get it addressed for you.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LPE Posted at 2017-7-22 03:12
Hello

same problem here, just took of the brand new inspire 2 from the box and ESC error couldn't fly it yet

Please restart the aircraft to see if the problem persists, if so, please send in the drone for replacement. You have our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules