Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Morning Passage
1461 25 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

The Phantom 3 Standard "Miss Ruby" takes to the air for a 40,813' (7.73 mile) sunrise Litchi mission from Glen Burnie to Pasadena & back.  Presented in real time so you can experience the original sphincter-puckering thrill.

2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Hahahahaha love the intro credits. Does not the USA have a VLOS rule for drone flights?

This is awesome loved the shots into the sunrise and flying past the antenna towers and the power plant? towers
2017-3-11
Use props
DroneSmeg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Nice even exposure. ND filter?
2017-3-11
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

No filters on the flight.  Camera was just set to full auto with no color correction or adjustments.
2017-3-11
Use props
DroneSmeg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Holy smokestack lightning, Batman. 8:50
2017-3-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What are all thos abandoned building on the big allottment shown on the way home?
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 00:08
What are all thos abandoned building on the big allottment shown on the way home?

That whole parcel with the dilapidated buildings is a National Guard post.  It's clearly seeing a lot less use than in its hay day!
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 00:08

That whole parcel with the dilapidated buildings is a National Guard post.  It's clearly seeing a lot less use than in its hay day!
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Poop Chute Posted at 2017-3-12 00:32

Thank you. 'Tis a bit sad to see those huge warehouses with their roofs caving in, you would think they could be put to some use.
2017-3-12
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Nice flight ! I LOVE the credits at the end, nice touch.
2017-3-12
Use props
Brum Ken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Top Video bud you must  be well happy with Miss Ruby she did you proud
2017-3-12
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Awesome video. Liked how it just missed the smoke coming out of the stacks. The credits at the end were cool as well.

BadBob
2017-3-12
Use props
Summerpaws
New
United States

You have my taste in music. Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Veigar Margeirsson...All great video music!  Good job.
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Michgolden Posted at 2017-3-12 07:42
Nice flight ! I LOVE the credits at the end, nice touch.

Thanks.  It seemed fitting for my amateur movie maker fantasy.  
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Brum Ken Posted at 2017-3-12 09:02
Top Video bud you must  be well happy with Miss Ruby she did you proud

Thank you.  The P3 Standard is an awesome aircraft for Litchi.  "Miss Ruby" has hundreds of Litchi flights.  Wish DJI would allow the Assistant to pull the on-board flight logs & add them to the DJI logs (Litchi flights don't get added though the on-board data is still there).  I'd love to know just how far she has flown!
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Badbobstikibar Posted at 2017-3-12 09:28
Awesome video. Liked how it just missed the smoke coming out of the stacks. The credits at the end were cool as well.

Thanks Bob.  Skirting along the edge of the smoke was sheer luck with the way the wind was blowing.  The mission was already programmed a few days earlier & I set her up & launched.  This was the first run for this mission & I'll be flying it again with some tweaks when conditions are right.
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Summerpaws Posted at 2017-3-12 13:04
You have my taste in music. Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Veigar Margeirsson...All great video music!  Good job.

Thank you.  I like the dramatic stuff.  Who drives down the road listening to Two Steps from Hell?  Ha!
2017-3-12
Use props
Camadrone
Flight distance : 369173 ft
United States

Nice video and nice flight!! Any mods to your RC, seems like there would be a lot of interference especially going around that big radio antenna/tower thing.
I'm in MD also, so I know it was a bit chilly that morning, ready for the snow?
2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Camadrone Posted at 2017-3-12 13:32
Nice video and nice flight!! Any mods to your RC, seems like there would be a lot of interference especially going around that big radio antenna/tower thing.
I'm in MD also, so I know it was a bit chilly that morning, ready for the snow?

Thank you.  The aircraft & remote are stock but remember this is a Litchi autonomous mission so you don't need RC contact for the mission to run.  I only had RC contact for the first & last few thousand feet.  Most of the mission the Phantom was running the mission as programmed.  I've never noticed interference around any sort of radio tower (check out my "Television Hill" video over in the Mavic section...multiple AM/FM/VHS/UHF antennae...some pumping out 50,000 watts had no effect).  It was a chilly morning & I believe the temperature when I launched was in the mid-20s.
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Poop Chute Posted at 2017-3-12 14:06
Thank you.  The aircraft & remote are stock but remember this is a Litchi autonomous mission so you don't need RC contact for the mission to run.  I only had RC contact for the first & last few thousand feet.  Most of the mission the Phantom was running the mission as programmed.  I've never noticed interference around any sort of radio tower (check out my "Television Hill" video over in the Mavic section...multiple AM/FM/VHS/UHF antennae...some pumping out 50,000 watts had no effect).  It was a chilly morning & I believe the temperature when I launched was in the mid-20s.

I agree, radio interference is just another urban myth. I flew around a major communications tower manually with no ill effects at all.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Poop Chute Posted at 2017-3-12 13:16
Thanks.  It seemed fitting for my amateur movie maker fantasy.

Amateur?  Must have taken some pre flight planning and manually flying parts of that mission before doing the whole flight.

My vids are the amateur ones as not even edited. Will do some editing this month.

One thing I need to learn now. First flying, then photos and video, camera settings etc.  Soon editing.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Poop Chute Posted at 2017-3-12 13:17
Thank you.  The P3 Standard is an awesome aircraft for Litchi.  "Miss Ruby" has hundreds of Litchi flights.  Wish DJI would allow the Assistant to pull the on-board flight logs & add them to the DJI logs (Litchi flights don't get added though the on-board data is still there).  I'd love to know just how far she has flown!

Wow that's a P3S.  Video it still excellent.  Great shots and great positioning. I have so much to learn from watching video's like yours.

2017-3-12
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 21:16
Amateur?  Must have taken some pre flight planning and manually flying parts of that mission before doing the whole flight.

My vids are the amateur ones as not even edited. Will do some editing this month.

For complex city missions I do a lot of RECON & prep, but here in the county it's a lot simpler.  Things are pretty much flat & 200-250' clears everything except things like the plant towers & a few tall antenna masts which are well-known to long-time residents.  "Morning Passage" was the first flight for that mission & was programmed on my Nexus tablet.
2017-3-13
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 21:21
Wow that's a P3S.  Video it still excellent.  Great shots and great positioning. I have so much to learn from watching video's like yours.

Thank you.  Indeed "Morning Passage" was flown by my P3 Standard "Miss Ruby."
2017-3-13
Use props
tkflyfisher7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 150164 ft
United States

Great video and awesome waypoint mission!
2017-3-19
Use props
Poop Chute
lvl.1

United States

Thanks FlyFisher!
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules