United States

DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO
2017-3-12
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Aww that hurts. Sorry for you man, but this is exactly why DJI offers the care refresh. I crashed my first Phantom 1 so many times, and everyone should know that eventually your drone will crash. Because of own faults or simply bad luck. It happens. Thanks for sharing your story, it's an expensive lesson and others might learn from you. Good luck.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Well it's like driving a car without comprehensive insurance. However you crashed you drone. DJI is not responsible for that.  The best collision avoidance software does not prevent a person causing an accident. Maybe you can try crowdfunding from the other students at the university.
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602005 ft
United States

stalker Posted at 2017-3-12 07:59
Aww that hurts. Sorry for you man, but this is exactly why DJI offers the care refresh. I crashed my first Phantom 1 so many times, and everyone should know that eventually your drone will crash. Because of own faults or simply bad luck. It happens. Thanks for sharing your story, it's an expensive lesson and others might learn from you. Good luck.

is there
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 08:16
Well it's like driving a car without comprehensive insurance. However you crashed you drone. DJI is not responsible for that.  The best collision avoidance software does not prevent a person causing an accident. Maybe you can try crowdfunding from the other students at the university.

is there any other way that i can get it fixed/replaced?
2017-3-12
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-12 11:06
is there any other way that i can get it fixed/replaced?

sorry to hear that bro, hopefully you get some sort of restitution..
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

hdlou94 Posted at 2017-3-12 11:29
sorry to hear that bro, hopefully you get some sort of restitution..

yeah , that's what i'm looking for , i use that drone for my youtube videos as well , i don't know what i'm gonna do now
2017-3-12
Use props
Brian Fist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

Why should anyone else pay for or fix a product YOU crashed???

I mean seriously, take it as a learning point that you have to afford the insurance to even fly.  If you rolled the cost of DJI Care Refresh into the cost of the P4P (like I did, ie, it wasn't even an option, it was necessary), then you wouldn't be in this situation.

You are in college, you are supposed to know better and you didn't.  Lesson learned.

All I see is you are looking for sympathy and for DJI or someone else to get you out of a self-inflicted situation.

Do people that drive cars and crash get a forum to look for a car manufacturer to pay for THEIR mistake???  C'mon!

And it is obvious you are trying to get someone at DJI to feel sorry for you and pay for your drone because you dropped the "youtube" bomb pretty obviously.

What about the rest of us?  I want someone to pay my mortgage.  I have home repairs needed.  Is someone going to just pay for them because I say I use on of their products in my landscaping???

That is unrealistic and childish to view things from that perspective.  It is also opportunistic and greedy.
2017-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-12 11:36
yeah , that's what i'm looking for , i use that drone for my youtube videos as well , i don't know what i'm gonna do now

You may find out the cause of your crash if you upload your logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/#DataLog and post the link here some guys here will try help find out what might have happened, it will also give you a clearer picture of what went wrong.

Good luck..
2017-3-12
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-12 11:04
is there any other way that i can get it fixex/replaced?

Not that I'm aware of. Bite the bullet and move on.

The previous poster had a good advice for you: check the logs. If it's a mechanical fault then you should inform DJI.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-12 11:36

Well either ask for crowdfunding or take a part time job & save your cash.  Also buy insurance next time as you can do that for around US$60 a year. I'm sorry for your loss but I think you are feeling a bit self entitled to expect DJI or someone else to pay for something you broke.

Maybe your student union or faculty could help pitch in.  I have a you tube account but it's not for earning $$$ just so my family and friends & the community I live in can see the video's I take. Oh yeah and the people on these forums.
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

Brian Fist Posted at 2017-3-12 12:01
Why should anyone else pay for or fix a product YOU crashed???

I mean seriously, take it as a learning point that you have to afford the insurance to even fly.  If you rolled the cost of DJI Care Refresh into the cost of the P4P (like I did, ie, it wasn't even an option, it was necessary), then you wouldn't be in this situation.

calm down bro! first of all i the obstacle avoidance system didn't worked! so is  it manufacturing fault or you're going to consider as my fault as well ? i posted at forum because to tell people here. and if you buy a car and dealer gave you warranty and any of the parts stop working you're going to ask him or going to pay by yourself? DJI is worldwide known brand , they gave that warranty so i'm waiting for their response because today is sunday. as long as it is about youtube , i mentioned that i use it for that.
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

stalker Posted at 2017-3-12 12:26
Not that I'm aware of. Bite the bullet and move on.

The previous poster had a good advice for you: check the logs. If it's a mechanical fault then you should inform DJI.

i talked with my friend , he saw the flight log so he said that obstacle avoidance sensors didn't worked because it was suppose to show warning on screen and it didn't even showed the distance between aircraft and building before crash so i'm waiting for DJI's response
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 16:49
Well either ask for crowdfunding or take a part time job & save your cash.  Also buy insurance next time as you can do that for around US$60 a year. I'm sorry for your loss but I think you are feeling a bit self entitled to expect DJI or someone else to pay for something you broke.

Maybe your student union or faculty could help pitch in.  I have a you tube account but it's not for earning $$$ just so my family and friends & the community I live in can see the video's I take. Oh yeah and the people on these forums.

i was freaked out that moment, i've emailed DJI and now waiting, i hope for a positive reponse.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-12 21:17
i was freaked out that moment, i've emailed DJI and now waiting, i hope for a positive reponse.

Freaking out shows immaturity.  I crashed my drone into a pole second day I had it.  My fault entirely as I had rotated my drone to have the rear facing me.  I needed to move away from the other side of a pole. I used the right down stick and my drone did what it is supposed to do, reverse. Oops strait into a pole.

Not too much damage, split cases and a bent area.  Never mind some duct tape and it's all good.

So be patient and let DJI analyse your flight logs.  However be prepared that this could still be pilot error.
2017-3-12
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 0&page_id=POWER
2017-3-12
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like it was way too dark for the obstacle sensors to work, I don't think you can blame them.

I think you would be better off asking nicely for a student discount than fighting them in court...
2017-3-13
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

The thumbnails on that healthydrones link suggest that you were flying in the dark

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=GENERAL

The obstacle avoidance system needs light to work

http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#specs "Operating Environment: Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux>15)"

Sorry, but I can see why DJI won't accept this as a failure of the obstacle avoidance system as you seem to have been operating in conditions where it isn't expected to work.

2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I feel sorry to hear about the crash, you sent e-mail to our support with the flight records and data for analysis but have not sent in the drone, right?
Our support will inform the data analysis engineers for the data you provided and let you know what happened at that moment.
2017-3-13
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

After you flew from marker "L"  https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=SENSORS  you lost your VLOS! Flying in the dark and without VLOS around buildings is risky flying to say the least. You and your aircraft avoidance system were unable to see what you flew into.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-12 21:58
https://healthydrones.com/main?flight=991f765c2ef99276f9d218a67888edd0&page_id=POWER

It was way to dark for OA to work, this I'm afraid doesn't hold out much hope for a warranty repair, all of this stuff is in the Manual.

It's tuff hopefully repair won't set you back to much.
2017-3-13
Use props
RAZAH600
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-13 01:18
I feel sorry to hear about the crash, you sent e-mail to our support with the flight records and data for analysis but have not sent in the drone, right?
Our support will inform the data analysis engineers for the data you provided and let you know what happened at that moment.

yeah i have not sent the drone yet
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RAZAH600 Posted at 2017-3-13 20:05
yeah i have not sent the drone yet

Since you've sent our support an e-mail, please wait patiently for the progress and the data result. Then you could send it in for repair at your convenience.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules