Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No fly zone
3351 5 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danarhawar
New

Iraq

No fly zone from kurdistan
http://Arbil,iraq
IMG_3473.PNG
2017-3-12
Use props
adamazad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45043 ft
Iraq

Hi,

Have you had succeeded in flying in Erbil? Maps shows that the whole northern part is under a NFZ blanket. I want to take overlapping images of the citadel in Kirkuk, but NFZ restriction would not allow the AC to take off.

Adam
2017-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are you saying, you had a forced landing ?
2017-3-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-21 09:46
Are you saying, you had a forced landing ?

At least in the US there is an option in the app to override most NFZs, at your own risk.

Northern Iraq though is a warzone, so those might be a little more strict, as might actual air defenses, watch yourself, I wouldn't want to try and fly near where active fighting is happening.
2017-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

adamazad Posted at 2017-3-21 06:41
Hi,

Have you had succeeded in flying in Erbil? Maps shows that the whole northern part is under a NFZ blanket. I want to take overlapping images of the citadel in Kirkuk, but NFZ restriction would not allow the AC to take off.

I doubt that DJI are enforcing any No Fly Zones in Iraq, there are only very few countries where they are in force. And that screen grab has nothing to do with an NFZ.

2017-3-21
Use props
AdamAzad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45043 ft
Iraq

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-21 22:01
I doubt that DJI are enforcing any No Fly Zones in Iraq, there are only very few countries where they are in force. And that screen grab has nothing to do with an NFZ.

They actually do. The city in which I want to take photos is currently under 3 red NFZs--their areas are overlapping on Kirkuk.

These are the current NFZs on Iraq which I obtained from DJI - No Fly Zones Map (airports excluded):
Iraq_NFZs.png

And, this a zoomed screenshot over Kirkuk:
Kirkuk_Iraq_NFZs.png

It's very clear that only northern part of Iraq is under 38 NFZs. I regard this to the tension taking place here, and specifically, in Nineveh's governate.

I emailed flysafe@dji.com for further support on this matter, no response yet, however.

Thanks,
Adam  
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules