Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
128GB Micro SD Cards
3268 11 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fotoMojoRon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 564511 ft
United States

Phantom 4 Pro: I have two 128GB micro SD cards. XC I UHS speed 1 cards. Every time I try to use one of them to record video, the video will stop recording at random times. Whatever is recorded is not corrupt and I can use them but has anyone had this problem. Should I try a UHS 2 or 3 card? I can put any 64GB or lower card and they all work fine. According the to the manual these cards are the recommended mininum.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

64GB is the recommended maximum.   
2017-3-12
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 10:29
64GB is the recommended maximum.

128 is acceptable for the Pro, but I'd be using UHS 3 cards personally. That said, I run a lot of 32gb cards rather than 1 or two big ones. Reason being that you can't exceed the size of a 32gb in the range of a battery, and if you're going to bring it back to swap the battery you just swap the card.You also don't lose a days worth of flight data if one decides to crap out at the end of the day.
2017-3-12
Use props
Brian Fist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

Seems like SDXC cards are the most temperamental in these birds.  I have found that the SanDisk Extreme series works quite well.  I have used their 64GB cards formatted with exFAT without issue.

I personally have a few 128GB SDXC cards that are rated UHS-I U3 and neither of them will work in the P4P reliably.  One won't even be recognized, the other will and will format, but it will do what you mentioned, just kick out of recording without even an error.  It is hard to get it to happen consistently, it just happens at random times.  The card that would work was borrowed from a friend so I didn't get a chance to investigate more.

One thing to try, put the Micro SD card in a PC and use the SD Formatter 4.0 utility to format it with Format Size Adjustment ON, then put it in the P4P and try recording.  I have a Kingston 32gb card that would happen to and it turned out to be a bad format via the P4P.

I would be interested to know if that resolves your problem with you cards.  If you could please post back it would be a great data-point to help others that might be running into the same issue.
2017-3-12
Use props
fotoMojoRon
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Brian, I will try that tonight after work and let you know.
2017-3-13
Use props
fotoMojoRon
lvl.1
United States

I tried the SD Formatter util, did not work. Stopped recording after 20 secs first try, then again at 1 min 10 secs. I guess I will stick to using my 64 and use the 128 in my gopro.
2017-3-13
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

I got my PH4P today and have not flown it, I assume my 200GB high speed card will not work.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Not all SD card brands work. Scandisk and Lexar are pretty common, but you need to be sure that you have both high writing and reading speeds.
2017-3-13
Use props
fotoMojoRon
lvl.1
United States

I did more research. Do not go by class of the card. It really doesn't matter if it is a UHS 1,2 or 3, XC1 or 2, etc. All that matters is the write speed, which I'm told the P4 requires a write speed of 90 MB/s or better. Hope this helps everyone.
2017-3-15
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Samsung Pro Plus UHS-I 128GB in the P4p since December with no issue at all for both video (mostly 4k h.264) and DNGs.
2017-3-15
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP, are you sure your cards are legitimate and not counterfeit?

Just a recommendation, instead of two large cards, invest in smaller 64gb cards. Most times you will need a battery change before you fill up a card so when you swap out batteries, change cards. Less chances of losing ALL of your data on ONE card that may develop a fault.

Just trying to offer some help and not here to cause any disrespect
2017-3-15
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

Samsung Pro+ 128 GB works perfectly.  Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB also perfect.  Write speed is critical and should be the marker you are looking at.  U-3 is preferred  Dont buy the Lexar 128GB - it wont work, i tried it.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules