Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recorded some video in Colorado yesterday. (fighter jets flyby)
1234Next >
12870 120 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ClancyO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

Great shots
2017-3-14
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Amazing footage - Thank you for sharing!
2017-3-14
Use props
Finkelstein2176
lvl.1

Singapore

Nice footage and background music.
2017-3-14
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

DaWill Posted at 2017-3-13 20:49
How is you're video so smooth?  Mine keeps giving me choppy videos every single flight.  Is there a special setting that I'm missing or a particular micro sd card I need to be using?

Not sure exactly what you mean by choppy videos, but it is likely your shutter speed is too high. If shooting at 30fps, your shutter speed should be ~60.
The Mavic requires ND filters nearly all of the time in order to keep the shutter speed that low. Without them the videos come out very "choppy" because of the shutter speed being too high.

Hope that helps.
2017-3-15
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.1
United States

Great video!
2017-3-15
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

Colorado Springs? Some parts looked like the road up to Pike's Peak. I miss that place...
Nice video.
2017-3-15
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123402 ft
United States

Nice stuff. Good job. Here is a link to the Colorado Springs Sectional chart. Worth studying it.
https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KCOS/sectional
You have a tremendous amount of "Intensive low level Air Force student jet training" and "Alert" areas in your location. The flight of four you witnessed were most likely an instructor and (3) students practicing formation flying. These rocket boys can be traveling at any altitude from the "surface", up to the heavens & at speeds that will make your head spin. Years ago, I almost got clipped on take-off in a single engine airplane when they missiled by at 75 feet off the ground. Head on a swivel!!
2017-3-15
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Finkelstein2176 Posted at 2017-3-14 19:48
Nice footage and background music.

Thank you for the feedback!
2017-3-15
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Thanks! I appreciate it!
2017-3-15
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-15 06:11
Colorado Springs? Some parts looked like the road up to Pike's Peak. I miss that place...
Nice video.

Yes sir! The mountain shots were behind the Broadmoor Hotel. The other shots were taken from Palmer Park.
2017-3-15
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-3-15 08:22
Nice stuff. Good job. Here is a link to the Colorado Springs Sectional chart. Worth studying it.
https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KCOS/sectional
You have a tremendous amount of "Intensive low level Air Force student jet training" and "Alert" areas in your location. The flight of four you witnessed were most likely an instructor and (3) students practicing formation flying. These rocket boys can be traveling at any altitude from the "surface", up to the heavens & at speeds that will make your head spin. Years ago, I almost got clipped on take-off in a single engine airplane when they missiled by at 75 feet off the ground. Head on a swivel!!

Yep! I studied all of the restricted airspace and whatnot before I flew there. Thank you for the resources. I have a program called fore flight on my phone that I use for sectionals when I am flying real airplanes that I also use to see airspace when flying a drone.
2017-3-15
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.4
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-15 11:58
Yep! I studied all of the restricted airspace and whatnot before I flew there. Thank you for the resources. I have a program called fore flight on my phone that I use for sectionals when I am flying real airplanes that I also use to see airspace when flying a drone.

Good. I'm proud of you. There is a lot more going on in the airspace then many people realize.
Knowledge is power.
May you always have tailwinds, Bro.
2017-3-15
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-3-15 12:59
Good. I'm proud of you. There is a lot more going on in the airspace then many people realize.
Knowledge is power.
May you always have tailwinds, Bro.

I notice you have a citation in your profile photo? Do you fly as well?
2017-3-15
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.4
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-15 14:17
I notice you have a citation in your profile photo? Do you fly as well?

I'm 65 yrs old. Retired 3 years ago. Flew since I was 8. Started in my dad's J-3 Cubs, put 2000 hrs in Citabrias, (aerobatics), moved into Maule STOL's, got my Commercial, CFI, Advanced Instrument Instructor, and spent 13 years in Alaska flying bush planes. Took up skydiving and hang gliding in my free time. Woke up one morning and I was 50 years old. Decided that I had pushed my luck too many times. Moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and bought & built a Powered Parachute for kicks. It was a thrill; put 850 Hrs on it and scared myself 850 times. Sold it before I killed myself. Too many hours in fixed wing to ever get used to a bed sheet holding me up.
Now I run our County Airport in Arkansas (3) days a week and watch my Honey Bees, Guinea Hens, and Chickens fly around my hobby farm. I've got a Phantom 4 that lets me get the aerial perspective that we all love, and I don't have to risk my butt anymore to get it.
It's all good!
2017-3-15
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-3-15 16:32
I'm 65 yrs old. Retired 3 years ago. Flew since I was 8. Started in my dad's J-3 Cubs, put 2000 hrs in Citabrias, (aerobatics), moved into Maule STOL's, got my Commercial, CFI, Advanced Instrument Instructor, and spent 13 years in Alaska flying bush planes. Took up skydiving and hang gliding in my free time. Woke up one morning and I was 50 years old. Decided that I had pushed my luck too many times. Moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and bought & built a Powered Parachute for kicks. It was a thrill; put 850 Hrs on it and scared myself 850 times. Sold it before I killed myself. Too many hours in fixed wing to ever get used to a bed sheet holding me up.
Now I run our County Airport in Arkansas (3) days a week and watch my Honey Bees, Guinea Hens, and Chickens fly around my hobby farm. I've got a Phantom 4 that lets me get the aerial perspective that we all love, and I don't have to risk my butt anymore to get it.
It's all good!

Wow sounds like you have some awesome flying experience! That is awesome. I fly corporate jets, Gulfstreams in particular I have 150 hours in GIII and 1100 hours in GIV.
2017-3-15
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

Wicked cool!  Well done.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansbe055dad
lvl.1
United States

Wow fantastic footage. I just bought the Phantom 3 standard (Newbie at this) and can't wait to "move up" to the big leagues. Thanks for the Inspiration to push forward!
2017-3-16
Use props
Crack The Sky
lvl.4
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-15 20:25
Wow sounds like you have some awesome flying experience! That is awesome. I fly corporate jets, Gulfstreams in particular I have 150 hours in GIII and 1100 hours in GIV.

G-IV - Good for you! I started out with a lot of friends who continued on to Jets, corporate & airlines. I knew from the start I had no interest in the big iron. Starting in J-3's in the '60's I was all about low & slow. Alaska fulfilled that dream. I crisscrossed that state for 13 years @ 100+ knts, often @ treetop level, below solid overcasts.

2017-3-16
Use props
Dead end theory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39636 ft

South Korea

Great shots, the jets were filmed so smoothly, great control. keep it up
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

fansbe055dad Posted at 2017-3-16 04:59
Wow fantastic footage. I just bought the Phantom 3 standard (Newbie at this) and can't wait to "move up" to the big leagues. Thanks for the Inspiration to push forward!

The Phantom 3 is an awesome platform. I just sold my Phantom 3 Professional. Have fun!
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-3-16 05:29
G-IV - Good for you! I started out with a lot of friends who continued on to Jets, corporate & airlines. I knew from the start I had no interest in the big iron. Starting in J-3's in the '60's I was all about low & slow. Alaska fulfilled that dream. I crisscrossed that state for 13 years @ 100+ knts, often @ treetop level, below solid overcasts.

Big iron sounds good on paper but the flying is quite boring. Nothing like strapping yourself into a small piston and doing some low and slow cruising.
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Dead end theory Posted at 2017-3-16 11:59
Great shots, the jets were filmed so smoothly, great control. keep it up

Thank you! The jet shot was actually kind of choppy but I stabilized it with final cut pro so that it would appear more smooth.
2017-3-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Captain
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, 61 replies and no one has mentioned that flying a drone this close to aircraft at a height well above the stated 150ft. I swear the Mavic forums are oblivious to the laws, or the risks they pose to other air users.
OP was at least 300ft in this video, at the time of the flyby and the video should be of him making appropriate action to get out the way by losing altitude, not yawing to film the flyby.
2017-3-16
Use props
MavicMule
First Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

The jets flying buy in a sortie was awesome!
2017-3-16
Use props
PassBy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

good job..
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 2017-3-16 15:54
Wow, 61 replies and no one has mentioned that flying a drone this close to aircraft at a height well above the stated 150ft. I swear the Mavic forums are oblivious to the laws, or the risks they pose to other air users.
OP was at least 300ft in this video, at the time of the flyby and the video should be of him making appropriate action to get out the way by losing altitude, not yawing to film the flyby.

I swear some people do not read on this forum. The shot of the jets was on the side of a mountain and the drone was over my head about 100 feet I would guess. If you would care to read you would have seen that. Actually the shot just over the road that comes after the jets is where I was. I heard the jets so I turned it outwards to try and catch them passing by. If the jets would have collided with my drone they would have also been colliding with the mountain.
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

MavicMule Posted at 2017-3-16 19:48
The jets flying buy in a sortie was awesome!

Thanks. Im glad most people think so. The guy commenting above you didn't care to read the description so he didn't find them as awesome.
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Thank you!
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

So I just pulled the flight log for the first time and it shows 186 feet max during the flight which was probably during one of the ascending shots going up the road. You're more than welcome to check out the flight log yourself. I also noted above that I was flying for about 10 min before the jets showed up and they were well out of the way that I didn't feel corrective action was necessary. Thank you for your input though. ThatsFlight Log
2017-3-16
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Great Video
2017-3-16
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

Thank you!
2017-3-16
Use props
fans5a20e200
lvl.1

China

Nice nice
2017-3-16
Use props
Chadrob30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

Crack The Sky Posted at 2017-3-16 05:29

Where at in Arkansas are you? I'm in the River Valley, Greenwood and Fort Smith to be exact.
2017-3-17
Use props
Chadrob30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

Don't be "that guy". It makes you look like an idiot. You are NOT the drone police, contrary to what you believe.
2017-3-17
Use props
alice24
lvl.1

Philippines

Lucky day to get a shot of the jets <3
2017-3-17
Use props
mmee
lvl.4
United States

alice24 Posted at 2017-3-17 12:45
Lucky day to get a shot of the jets

I agree! I got chills hearing them fly over.
2017-3-17
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

mmee Posted at 2017-3-12 14:40
I was flying with a friend of mine who also owns a mavic so I recorded him recording me   Unfortunately I didnt have anything recording sound so I had to borrow a sound effect to put in the video but I think it fits in well.

I enjoyed that. Great with the jets flying by.  
2017-3-18
Use props
chainmon
Captain
Flight distance : 2624892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love the aerials!!! What do you use to edit footage?
2017-3-18
Use props
Brum Ken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I have a p3s at mo but looking to get the Mavic  so was just checking them out when I came across you great video
2017-3-18
Use props
Diazou
lvl.1

France

Thanks, great video!
2017-3-18
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules