Recorded some video in Colorado yesterday. (fighter jets flyby)
12936 119 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Wooooow very nice.
2017-3-18
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

chainmon Posted at 2017-3-18 04:32
Love the aerials!!! What do you use to edit footage?

I use Final Cut Pro for editing and color.
2017-3-19
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nice video however this ultimately goes to show why drones will be banned in the next 5 years - you can't account for military or coastguard aircraft suddenly showing up. It's only gonna take a drone to down an aircraft carrying humans and it will be game over. And I say that as as drone owner. I live by the sea, we have the red arrows showing up out of the blue at like 300ft all the time, the coastguard choppers and loads of military craft. Scares the hell outta me.
2017-3-19
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

UltraDan Posted at 2017-3-19 10:50
Nice video however this ultimately goes to show why drones will be banned in the next 5 years - you can't account for military or coastguard aircraft suddenly showing up. It's only gonna take a drone to down an aircraft carrying humans and it will be game over. And I say that as as drone owner. I live by the sea, we have the red arrows showing up out of the blue at like 300ft all the time, the coastguard choppers and loads of military craft. Scares the hell outta me.

Yeah it was a little unnerving . I was in class G uncontrolled airspace and at a max of 186 feet from where I took off according to the flight Log and these guys show up out of the blue.
2017-3-19
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

mmee Posted at 2017-3-19 11:19
Yeah it was a little unnerving . I was in class G uncontrolled airspace and at a max of 186 feet from where I took off according to the flight Log and these guys show up out of the blue.

186ft from where you took off, it looks to me like you were elevated though already? Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to sound accusing in any way just thinking through a scenario, see  - what would have happend if a drone had gone through the air intake of one of those jets? plane goes down etc etc, in a court of law I don't suppose us as the drone owners would have a leg to stand on? you'd like to think that those jets (and most craft for that matter) would be higher than 400ft however it gets a bit of a grey area when your elevated. 400ft above sea level or even ground level is hard to work out when your say, on a mountainside 1200ft above sea level eh? And we've all seen rescue helicopters come rolling through at a couple of hundred foot eh. Even greyer is the scenario when your in the middle of nowhere and you take your drone up to 1000ft....2000ft - theres videos all over the net of people doing that and a jet on military manouvers comes screaming through. I love my drone, and I love flying it but I genuinely think that there are going to be some huge changes in the ability to fly them in anything other than controlled areas in the future. Of course that wont stop people flying them too close to airports or structures or people, there are always the idiots that ruin it for all the rest of us. Just food for thought :-)

2017-3-19
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

UltraDan Posted at 2017-3-19 13:46
186ft from where you took off, it looks to me like you were elevated though already? Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to sound accusing in any way just thinking through a scenario, see  - what would have happend if a drone had gone through the air intake of one of those jets? plane goes down etc etc, in a court of law I don't suppose us as the drone owners would have a leg to stand on? you'd like to think that those jets (and most craft for that matter) would be higher than 400ft however it gets a bit of a grey area when your elevated. 400ft above sea level or even ground level is hard to work out when your say, on a mountainside 1200ft above sea level eh? And we've all seen rescue helicopters come rolling through at a couple of hundred foot eh. Even greyer is the scenario when your in the middle of nowhere and you take your drone up to 1000ft....2000ft - theres videos all over the net of people doing that and a jet on military manouvers comes screaming through. I love my drone, and I love flying it but I genuinely think that there are going to be some huge changes in the ability to fly them in anything other than controlled areas in the future. Of course that wont stop people flying them too close to airports or structures or people, there are always the idiots that ruin it for all the rest of us. Just food for thought :-)

Are you insinuating I did something I shouldn't have? Its hard to tell your tone from a comment on a forum. You are more than welcome to look at the flight log and reference it back to the video. It is linked a few posts above yours. I never flew more than 186 feet above where I took off from and I didn't fly far from that point. Don't know why you're bringing sea level into it at all. By that logic I was flying at 7000 feet or so and I should be sentenced to death or whatever the FAA thinks is appropriate.
2017-3-19
Use props
fans0889084f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19869 ft
United States

How do you get the sound of the Jets
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

fans0889084f Posted at 2017-3-20 00:26
How do you get the sound of the Jets

on iOS your iPhone or iPad will actually record ambient noise while you are recording. That being said I didn't like the sound because we were talking and shouting (with excitement) so it was no good. So I got some royalty free jet sound and I did a fade in and fade out to make it sound as if it was passing.
2017-3-20
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mmee- im absolutely NOT accusing you of doing any wrong, I find this whole scenario interesting on a "what if" basis only. The flight was fine - no incidents, end of story. It just highlights how easy it is for something fast moving to enter the picture (so to speak) at a very rapidly pace and asks questions of how quickly as drone pilots would we be able to get ourselves out of the situation safely. That's all. Drone flying for the masses is in its infancy still, long way to go with regards to safety for both us the pilots and other commercial aircraft pilots. Hope I haven't caused offence.
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

UltraDan Posted at 2017-3-20 09:38
Mmee- im absolutely NOT accusing you of doing any wrong, I find this whole scenario interesting on a "what if" basis only. The flight was fine - no incidents, end of story. It just highlights how easy it is for something fast moving to enter the picture (so to speak) at a very rapidly pace and asks questions of how quickly as drone pilots would we be able to get ourselves out of the situation safely. That's all. Drone flying for the masses is in its infancy still, long way to go with regards to safety for both us the pilots and other commercial aircraft pilots. Hope I haven't caused offence.

Nope you hadn't, I just wasn't sure of what exactly you were saying. I am a commercial pilot for a living and I have had other pilots in the air advise of drone sightings during the final approach into San Diego international one time at around 4000 feet supposedly. It made me a bit nervous because a drone could very easily destroy a jet engine.
2017-3-20
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Nice catch with the fighter jets!
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-20 10:09
Nice catch with the fighter jets!

Thank you!
2017-3-20
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

Excellent work. Very smooth pan on the jets.
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Kalibr Posted at 2017-3-20 11:17
Excellent work. Very smooth pan on the jets.

I actually used stabilization software to make the panning appear more smooth. That is why that shot specifically looks a little less sharp compared to the rest. The stabilization applies a bit of a crop factor so it is zoomed in a bit.
2017-3-20
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

I always find it nerve racking when I fly that close to a tree. Nice edit.
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-20 15:05
I always find it nerve racking when I fly that close to a tree. Nice edit.

Yeah same here but I think it looks cool. But that is exactly why I bought DJI Care Refresh. So I would feel more comfortable doing more risky shots.
2017-3-20
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-20 21:17
Yeah same here but I think it looks cool. But that is exactly why I bought DJI Care Refresh. So I would feel more comfortable doing more risky shots.

Smart plan - I'd opted out, and when I decided I wanted it later - at this point it's a bit too late i think =/
2017-3-21
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-21 09:53
Smart plan - I'd opted out, and when I decided I wanted it later - at this point it's a bit too late i think =/

I think you can still get it after the 48 hours deal. You just have to submit proof that your Mavic is in good operating condition.
2017-3-21
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-21 11:57
I think you can still get it after the 48 hours deal. You just have to submit proof that your Mavic is in good operating condition.

I suppose it's worth a shot. Thanks for the ptr.
2017-3-21
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-21 12:07
I suppose it's worth a shot. Thanks for the ptr.

No worries! Best of luck to you.
2017-3-21
Use props
Tommy's Flight
New
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-12 13:44
Nice one, good job..

Hi guy's , maybe someone can help me , i bought me dji mavic pro and have trouble with my drone.my drone flight only backwards and i can't change it. Maybe someone  can help me.
2017-3-25
Use props
Tommy's Flight
New
Germany

Nice one, good job..

Hi guy's , maybe someone can help me , i bought me dji mavic pro and have trouble with my drone.my drone flight only backwards and i can't change it. Maybe someone  can help me.
2017-3-25
Use props
Tommy's Flight
New
Germany

Nice one, good job..

2017-3-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tommy's Flight Posted at 2017-3-25 22:58

First what flight mode are you in. Did you do stick calibration, and have you paired up RC with AC

Could do with some more information.
2017-3-26
Use props
bskarpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381089 ft
United States

Nice! Like how u followed
2017-3-27
Use props
Monterey214
New
Flight distance : 10236 ft
United States

Very cool to have the fighter jets flying by.
2017-3-27
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

bskarpa Posted at 2017-3-27 12:12
Nice! Like how u followed

Thanks! The video was a bit choppy during that pan show but I stabilized it with final cut pro.
2017-3-27
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Monterey214 Posted at 2017-3-27 12:41
Very cool to have the fighter jets flying by.

I agree! It sounded so awesome. They were so loud.
2017-3-27
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

That was nice footage of the trees and the side of the mountain.
2017-3-28
Use props
BigWaveDave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115988 ft
United States

Saweet!!!!
2017-3-28
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-28 06:29
That was nice footage of the trees and the side of the mountain.

Thanks! I thought the shot over the road on the side of the mountain looked best.
2017-3-28
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

Fantastic  Video and the choice  of the back ground music set  to it was great too......My wife even enjoyed it  and.Thanks for sharing it.
2017-3-28
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Great footage, if anything the jets kind of take from it.  They distract from the message of the footage, the landscape itself.  Glad they missed you.  Not looking forward to the day a drone accident happens leading to lost of life.  It's going to make being a addronict harder I feel.
Just to be clear, I am not criticising as it sounds like you did everything right.
Again, lovely footage!  Wish I lived there.
SP.
2017-3-31
Use props
Glitch
lvl.2
United States

Hey there, I'm the one who was talking to you and your friend at Pulpit Rock in COS, you weren't kidding you did get some crap for the jet footage. Just imagine if they knew you were flying at ~6300' .

I did end up actually getting a Mavic however I'm unfortunately sitting on a RMA after my phone was in conflict with DJI Go 4 with the Mavic out of the box, although I'm now waiting on a Craigslist email for buying an S6 just to get a phone to work with the Mavic. (I don't want a refund, I really want a small drone that works).

Anyhow I rather liked what you filmed while here, and thinking back to our conversation is partially why my Mavic isn't already shipped back. Seeing two Mavic pilots quite content with their rigs was very convincing. Any new footage posted since this video, like what you filmed at Pulpit Rock?
Cheers!
2017-3-31
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Glitch Posted at 2017-3-31 21:52
Hey there, I'm the one who was talking to you and your friend at Pulpit Rock in COS, you weren't kidding you did get some crap for the jet footage. Just imagine if they knew you were flying at ~6300' .

I did end up actually getting a Mavic however I'm unfortunately sitting on a RMA after my phone was in conflict with DJI Go 4 with the Mavic out of the box, although I'm now waiting on a Craigslist email for buying an S6 just to get a phone to work with the Mavic. (I don't want a refund, I really want a small drone that works).

Hey! Nice to see you on here. Yes if you look at my channel you will see the most recent video that I posted was at pulpit rock and I believe you can see yourself in it in the first few seconds. I don't know if you could tell from this video but I had a soft focus issue on the right side of all of my videos so I am also waiting to receive mine back as well. I am sorry to hear that you had the issue with the Galaxy S7 (I'm assuming) Hopefully you get your mavic back in your hands soon.
2017-4-3
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-3-31 09:32
Great footage, if anything the jets kind of take from it.  They distract from the message of the footage, the landscape itself.  Glad they missed you.  Not looking forward to the day a drone accident happens leading to lost of life.  It's going to make being a addronict harder I feel.
Just to be clear, I am not criticising as it sounds like you did everything right.
Again, lovely footage!  Wish I lived there.

I was inspired by the ride at Disney's California Adventure called Soarin' over California (now soarin' over the world) for the way that I edited the video. If you've never been on it watch the link I posted from about 8mins on. Thank you for watching!
2017-4-3
Use props
Parcoeur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 946847 ft
Canada

Nicely done. Really enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting.
2017-4-8
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Parcoeur Posted at 2017-4-8 15:25
Nicely done. Really enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for the feedback!
2017-4-10
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Very nice video
2018-1-9
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer