Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Solved/Loss of image transmission
3534 11 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Space Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

For a while I have been flying my drone and sometimes the video feed in the dji go app stops but I can still use the buttons.I have found that if I go out of the camera view and go back in it works but ruins my shot. Is this just a bug, thing that dji knows about but has not fixed, or just my drones problem?
Than you for the help and safe flying!

PS ido fly here metal objects but this has also hapend no where here metal objects.

2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This can be quite normal, particularly with a Standard, how far away is it when this happens?
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I was flying through really thick clouds yesterday and even though I have 100% RC signal I was getting video warnings or drop outs.
So there can be times when signals can be interrupted. I am also using Argtek antenna.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help confirm the distance and height it reaches when image transmission loses.
How long you have owned the aircraft?
Please adjust the antenna to the optimal range during flight, and fly it farther firstly then higher.
May I know have you tried different mobile devices for the drone?
2017-3-13
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
United States

For the distance and height it varies. Mostly it happens close to me but sometimes it happens far away but when it loses connection I can still use the controller.
I have had the drone for 5 months. I have only used a Amazon fire tablet.
2017-3-13
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Yesterday I was flying a local spot I fly often ... looking for Deer. They'd gone and I decided to have a fly-round. Got to about 1km with my Std with Argtec and Tablet locked up while moving out to distance.

So ... Let go Sticks. Flick S2 couple of times to initiate RTH. RC was chirping its RTH song and I then rebooted the tablet. Signal regained about 300m out .... and flew the rest of flight.

Its happened a couple of times to me ... first time of course a feeling of panic !! But deep breath - remember S2 and save the day. Now I just get annoyed that my screen recording is lost ... but I still get my on-board camera recording.

I have found it can happen with GO and Litchi ...

Nigel
2017-3-13
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
United States

Not sure if anyone saw this but it mostly happens close to me.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Space Drone Posted at 2017-3-14 03:57
Not sure if anyone saw this but it mostly happens close to me.

Was this intermittent for as long as you had it, or is this happening more recently? Have you happened to try a different mobile device, just to see if there's any difference?
2017-3-15
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
United States

Dji Jamie, this has been happening for as long as I have had the drone. It mostly happens close but it has happened once far away. I have not tried a different mobile device but I can if you want me to but I can't try it out until next week because of rain.
Thanks for your help and safe flying!
2017-3-17
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
United States

Update I have bought a parabolic antenna boster amazon. Will tell if it helps with the video feed.
PS dji people please tell if this is software, equipment, or normal.
Thanks and fly safe!

2017-3-26
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
United States

I will fly this weekend and will tell you what happens. Safe flying!
2017-4-7
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Space Drone Posted at 2017-3-26 12:57
Update I have bought a parabolic antenna boster amazon. Will tell if it helps with the video feed.
PS dji people please tell if this is software, equipment, or normal.
Thanks and fly safe!

The Parabolic Antenna booster will only boost signal on 5.8Ghz which you already have control as you say it's VIDEO that is dropping out.

The Standard uses two frequencies :

2.4Ghz for video / camera and Telemetry two way communication.

This is via two flat plate antenna inside the top of the controller case. You don;t see them unless you open the controller. The Drone has two similar plates sited either side the battery inside.

5.8Ghz for command control - this is the flight control and is one way communication. Any problems at drone end will trigger a telemetry message on 2.4Ghz.

This is via the single stick antenna that is centre top of controller and where you will have the parabolic reflector.
On the drone - there are two wires that run down inside opposite legs to give best contact with your controller.

OK ... now we have that explained ... your video feed needs to have a better signal connection which is limited by the design. To improve this - you need either look at antenna upgrade or software boosting - both of which DJI do not support.

Nigel
2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules