phanom 3 pro warranty claim video crash inside
1910 28 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf0e13d5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186549 ft
Italy

i can't belive what happened... my drone just fall down without no reason... drone destroyed

opened a ticket for warranty claim i hope dji is a serious company and replace my drone

any experience about this kind of warranty claim?

what happened to my drone?
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The firtst thing that will need to be done is for you to open a tickjet with DJI and upload your flight data to them so they can examine it. They do not simply replace drones upon request. The flight data will reveal to them whether the aircraft suffered a failure or not, and they only replace the aircraft if it was a failure of the aircraft.

However, in the mean time, if you go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ and follow the instructions there to upload the flight data, then come back and post the result, we can look at the flight and perhaps offer you an opinion on what happened.

2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.
A repair service would be the best course of action.
Our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link of your thread:
2017-3-12
Use props
fansf0e13d5f
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-12 18:55
Sorry for your crash.
A repair service would be the best course of action.
Our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.

I've already opened a case for repair CAS-500062-B0W0K3
it should rightly recognized to me as warranty repair

anyway I will send all email details as required
I have no idea what happened, I just know that my heart stopped
when I saw my 3 month old drone crashing to the ground with no
apparent reason
I sold my phantom 2 v+ to buy this one.
I am already a "phantom pilot" for a few years

I hope that all this has nothing to do with the latest software updates

2017-3-13
Use props
fansf0e13d5f
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 17:49
The firtst thing that will need to be done is for you to open a tickjet with DJI and upload your flight data to them so they can examine it. They do not simply replace drones upon request. The flight data will reveal to them whether the aircraft suffered a failure or not, and they only replace the aircraft if it was a failure of the aircraft.

However, in the mean time, if you go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ and follow the instructions there to upload the flight data, then come back and post the result, we can look at the flight and perhaps offer you an opinion on what happened.

I understand that dji do not replace drones on request
however, you will become well aware that from the video you can see that do not happen
anything that is attributable to something dependent on my actions
but only to the drone itself
2017-3-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansf0e13d5f Posted at 2017-3-13 07:45
I understand that dji do not replace drones on request
however, you will become well aware that from the video you can see that do not happen
anything that is attributable to something dependent on my actions

Well, it is not possible to tell much from the video. It could have been caused by many things, but if you upload your flight logs to the site as I suggested, we can look at them and give you an opinion as to what may have happened.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansf0e13d5f Posted at 2017-3-13 07:29
I've already opened a case for repair CAS-500062-B0W0K3
it should rightly recognized to me as warranty repair

Thank you for your update.
Since you have created a case then we don't need to create it again.
I have checked your case. We have sent you the shipping label.
After sending it in, if you have any further query about the case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-13
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

It could be that your battery died, a prop flew off or some other user error like a battery not seated properly. I do not see how a firmware update could cause this. I would suggest pilot error. It is likely to not be covered under warranty.
2017-3-13
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

Post your flight logs and someone here will tell you with almost certainty what happened. It could save you a lot of money before DJI denies your warranty claim and bills you to return your Phantom or bills you to repair it. They are more than likely going to deny your claim.
2017-3-13
Use props
Michaelt89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Probably one of your props flew off or broke, or one of the motors smoked mid- flight, doesn't seem like anything else, perhaps a bird strike comes in 3rd option but I assume it's the lowest possibility of all.
2017-3-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

HWCM Posted at 2017-3-13 20:50
It could be that your battery died, a prop flew off or some other user error like a battery not seated properly. I do not see how a firmware update could cause this. I would suggest pilot error. It is likely to not be covered under warranty.

Looks like a prop came off by the way it was spinning perhaps? My drone flipped upside down when I lost a prop. Was my fault it wasn't on properly.
Or a complete motor lock up which I have never heard of.
2017-3-15
Use props
Tom-82
lvl.2
Italy

I'm a professional who has to deal with drones for years not just a child playing with the them,  and when in the past I destroyed a Phantom2 I have not even asked for the guarantee because I knew it was my responsibility but in this case I do not have any responsibility, i am sure of this, before taking off i perform all necessary checks, your speculations are ridiculous. It's simply impossible that I am left with a propeller not tightened properly. And then the battery? In my world if the battery comes off, the drone goes off and does not record (original videl lenght was 3.30) ... what puzzles me is your push on the fact that I have not had the recognition of the warranty despite I have the video evidence of the incident which excludes a human pilot problem, I am very disappointed by the comments received.

however the drone arrived in Holland dji repair center  and soon we will know from dji technician what really happened . And I am sure they will recognize the warranty claim
2017-3-15
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Tom-82 Posted at 2017-3-15 17:23
I'm a professional who has to deal with drones for years not just a child playing with the them,  and when in the past I destroyed a Phantom2 I have not even asked for the guarantee because I knew it was my responsibility but in this case I do not have any responsibility, i am sure of this, before taking off i perform all necessary checks, your speculations are ridiculous. It's simply impossible that I am left with a propeller not tightened properly. And then the battery? In my world if the battery comes off, the drone goes off and does not record (original videl lenght was 3.30) ... what puzzles me is your push on the fact that I have not had the recognition of the warranty despite I have the video evidence of the incident which excludes a human pilot problem, I am very disappointed by the comments received.

however the drone arrived in Holland dji repair center  and soon we will know from dji technician what really happened . And I am sure they will recognize the warranty claim

post the flight log to phantomhelp.com for help
you have the log in your device so it should be easy to provide for help..

good luck
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-3-13 20:50

If the battery had died, the feed would have cut out immediately.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Michaelt89 Posted at 2017-3-15 06:58
Probably one of your props flew off or broke, or one of the motors smoked mid- flight, doesn't seem like anything else, perhaps a bird strike comes in 3rd option but I assume it's the lowest possibility of all.

As far as non warranty goes, those can be feasible given the sudden momentum forward. Warranty wise, it could have been a motor or ESC issue depending on what error messages received at the time.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Just to clarify, did you see any error messages at all when this occurred?
2017-3-15
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

Everyone makes mistakes. There are a lot of self proclaimed "experts" on here who have made an error and put a prop on wrong or started a flight with a battery that was not fully charged.
From the video, it looks like one of two things. A prop loss or something hit it. You did not mention getting any error messages before it went down. So that would rule out a ESC or Motor.
But post you flight logs.
If you are lucky DJI will offer you a 10-15% discount on a new one. It is typically what they do.
2017-3-15
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I do not have any responsibility, i am sure of this, before taking off i perform all necessary checks, your speculations are ridiculous.

Unfortunately saying this on a forum doesn't generally go down too well, if you ask people for their help you might want to upload the flight logs as has been requested a few times now.  Unfortunately the video doesn't prove or disprove anything.  We believe you --  the aircraft went into a spin and crashed.  But there is no data to establish WHY it happened, and no clue from the video.  DJI will warranty the aircraft if there is a defect that they are responsible for that causes the crash.  If there is no evidence that they did anything wrong, why should they pay out to replace your aircraft?
I understand you feel like a victim when this happens, but it is the risk we all take when flying.

It's simply impossible that I am left with a propeller not tightened properly.

This can VERY likely be a cause of the spin and crash, as is a broken prop that snaps off in flight, or a motor problem or bird strike.  I agree your battery did not fall out as the recording continued, but other users of the forum are speculating with no flight data to look at. The flight data can be used to determine what happened with motors/props etc from the data they record.  Some seasoned fliers have reported difficulty fitting a single prop at times, perhaps there is a defect in the prop used.  The aircraft can fly with loose props and severe braking and acceleration can be responsible for a loose prop to come off.  Were the props intact when the aircraft was recovered?  Were the props DJI manufactured or were they clones?  How long have you had the aircraft? The warranty would only run 12 months at best, regardless of the cause.

You are strongly advised to share the flight log here on the forum as well as that provided to DJI.  It's the only way we can help you.  DJI don't always have a good record of explaining their findings or justifying their reasons.  Experienced pilots here usually do a better job of analyzing the data and giving you an explanation.  Sometimes they come up with a different explanation than DJI provides, and it will give you some evidence to use to dispute their findings if necessary.

Follow this link and the instructions there, and come back and post the shared link back here.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2017-3-16
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a bird take out one of my P3P's. The video looked the same, spinning to the ground! I took the crashed drone to the insurance company and they wrote me a check for a new complete kit. No questions asked!
2017-3-16
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Just curious. Has anyone ever had a prop failure? I think it would be highly unlikely that a prop would spin off in a level flight. It will be interesting to see what DJI finds. Good luck.
2017-3-16
Use props
fans03bf0071
lvl.2
Flight distance : 605748 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Really want to know what  happens. Good luck
2017-3-16
Use props
Tom-82
lvl.2
Italy

in response to all the speculators who accused me, I can gladly say that today I received confirmation from dji that
my drone will be repaired under warranty and that
the problem was caused by something related to propellers
at this point I can say with certainty that
dji is a serious company
and for those of the forum who fired judgments
please next time
listen and think before you speak
2017-3-27
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

glad you got it repaired you idiot.  next time if you dont want to hear from people, dont post your crap.  you were just as in the dark about what happened as the people you asked for help / information.
2017-3-27
Use props
Tom-82
lvl.2
Italy

AIister Posted at 2017-3-27 20:03
glad you got it repaired you idiot.  next time if you dont want to hear from people, dont post your crap.  you were just as in the dark about what happened as the people you asked for help / information.

your education is inversely proportional to your stupidity

I mean :
question my good faith and my experience
without listen or knowing me is not correct

Instead thank all those who have still tried to help me in some way without have prejudices

2017-3-28
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Tom-82 Posted at 2017-3-28 02:21

I mean :

You've given us a grand total of zero information to go by and give you an informed explanation.  You haven't provided flight logs, but all you provide is DJI said it is "something" to do with the props.  Real professional and helpful for the rest of us.  That scenario could include the prop flying off due to user error you know.  Other users speculated that it was prop related too but you dismiss or berate them.  It just as easily could have broken in flight or been struck by a bird.  You were fortunate DJI decided in your favour, it may have gone the other way.  Next time you have a problem, you might want to provide some facts so others don't have to speculate and can help you, other than just telling us how good you are and not providing proper feedback, then insulting those that offer help.
2017-3-28
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Glad you got a good result. DJI has so far given me 2 unrelated reasons why they won't repair my drone. First they said I crashed it with the sticks. After I proved them wrong they are now saying I backed the drone into an object, 200ft in the sky. I DON'T TRUST THEM AT ALL!!!

See my thread:   Phantom drops from sky after firmware update
2017-3-29
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Tom-82 Posted at 2017-3-28 02:21

I mean :

Tom,  You asked for thoughts while giving no information and then you insult the people who gave you their thoughts.  No one insulted you.  This forum is full of helpful, kind people with similar interests.  Why you turned mean is a mystery.
2017-3-29
Use props
Tom-82
lvl.2
Italy

bob37 Posted at 2017-3-29 06:15
Tom,  You asked for thoughts while giving no information and then you insult the people who gave you their thoughts.  No one insulted you.  This forum is full of helpful, kind people with similar interests.  Why you turned mean is a mystery.

"glad you got it repaired you idiot."

This seems to me an insult

anyway i was here to share my crash and to listen other people experience and suggestion
not to be blamed!

I have already expressed my most heartfelt thanks to everyone helped me
the controversy is far from me.

2017-3-29
Use props
Dronebird
lvl.1
Spain

My Phantom just exited P-GPS Mode, flew away from me and landed in the sea. Terrible.
Still haven't understood what  happened
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules