Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly Aways and crashes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sarg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

I have been on this and other drone forums for over a year. I keep seeing a common thread of fly a ways and crashes. While I believe some of these happen from equipment failure. Most happen from people being to impatient and not taking the time to properly set up the aircraft. Anytime you do a software upgrade you should always check all the adjustments on the controller and the bird. One of my items that I used to do was to take off from my driveway and then fly at about 6 feet until I found a good place to ascend. I now realize that I was disabling the RTH. Take time to learn all the functions of your bird and watch the videos.
2017-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"One of my items that I used to do was to take off from my driveway and then fly at about 6 feet until I found a good place to ascend. I now realize that I was disabling the RTH."

What was disabling RTH?   Can you explain?
2017-3-12
Use props
Sarg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

If you read the instructions it states that you must climb to I think 30 feet to enable the RTH. This is in the Mavic manual.
With other manufacturers there are different restrictions. Another large drone maker states that you start the controller first then start the bird. You must not move the bird until you take off. If you move the bird in becomes hard to control.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sarg Posted at 2017-3-13 06:13
If you read the instructions it states that you must climb to I think 30 feet to enable the RTH. This is in the Mavic manual.
With other manufacturers there are different restrictions. Another large drone maker states that you start the controller first then start the bird. You must not move the bird until you take off. If you move the bird in becomes hard to control.

Doesn't say nothing of the sort, think you should go back and read page 15 of the Manual..
2017-3-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If your driveway is concrete, then that is a bad place to take off from, it may contain rebar.
2017-3-15
Use props
TUCK
New
Flight distance : 390922 ft
United States

I was flying a Phantom 4 at 250-300', suddenly i lost all sat. transmission,( 13-14 sat) and display said disconnected.crashed locally and did no harm except for the drone itself.  What happened !!
2017-4-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

courtesy of msinger
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now