12Next >
7670 46 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beamer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597096 ft
United States

I was flying today in open space when my Mavic just disconnected and disappeared. We hiked for two hours could not find the drone. I truly don't understand why this happened. After reviewing the flight log and video, everything looked good! There were zero warnings and it just disappeared. According to the flight log, the last known readings were 393' 39.9 mph and 5927 distance, 16 sats and 67% battery. I just purchased my Mavic 3 days ago upgrading from my P3 pro. Will you please review the logs and help me better understand what I can do from this point forward because I feel I operated the Aircraft clearly within the guidelines and certently didn't crash. spambeamer@gmail.com for logs Thanks
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the loss of your drone, Beamer.
I cannot sync your flight records from my end.
Could you please follow the video tutorial to sync the flight records again?

It's better to send an email to support.us@dji.com with your DJI account email and the date this occurred. They will help to analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Beamer, sorry to hear about your crash, you could upload your logs to phantomhelp. And some here might be able to help.
2017-3-13
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for responding. I'm syncing the logs as we speak and just emailed support. Lets see what they say. I'll figure out how to upload the screenshot and video.
2017-3-13
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

Here is the screenshot
mavic log.jpg
2017-3-13
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Sorry for your lose when you say the Mavic disconnected do you mean disconnected video or complete loss of connection between remote and ac? Also, did you have the aircraft set to hover or set to RTH on disconnect. The aircraft will have prob done 1 of 2 things... land after hovering for remainder of battery life, or fly back to the last recorded RTH point. Another possibility is that it crashed during the RTH procedure, its hard to tell but it looks like you flew over some hills or mountains (this may also be why you lost connection) and if your RTH was not set at the correct heigth it may have crashed on its way home.  If the aircraft is set to hover you will prob find it close by where you first experienced the dissconnect, if it was set to RTH you may have more trouble locating it, especially if it wrecked on its way home.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-13 08:25
Here is the screenshot

It's impossible to know from just your screen shot, what happened so we will wait for logs. You werin sport at the end of your flight, so you would have no obstacle avoidance, looks like if that was the end of your flight you may have crashed.

One thing it does tell you if that was your last position then your gps coordinates are on the bottom of the screen , just above the play slider, you aircraft if it crashed there it should be close to those coordinates.
2017-3-13
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Or its went into ATTI mode and drifted away in the wind with no connection to return and noGPS to return to home.

nearly 6km away is a fair distance, although still within max range, hard to say for sure though
2017-3-13
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-3-13 09:24
Or its went into ATTI mode and drifted away in the wind with no connection to return and noGPS to return to home.

nearly 6km away is a fair distance, although still within max range, hard to say for sure though

I synchronized my flight logs but how do I post them on here. I appreciate any help especially for future learning experience so something like this doesn't happen again. The aircraft was set to return home. Unfortunately given the terrain, we tried as hard as we could to climb but couldn't make it.
2017-3-13
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-13 09:41
I synchronized my flight logs but how do I post them on here. I appreciate any help especially for future learning experience so something like this doesn't happen again. The aircraft was set to return home. Unfortunately given the terrain, we tried as hard as we could to climb but couldn't make it.

I would reply to Mindys initial post so that she gets a notification and I think she can see your logs on her end
2017-3-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Unless you have bypassed the height limit, you can only climb 400 feet above your home point (usually where you takeoff).  From the limited view we get in your screen shot, this appears to be a mountainous area.  It would appear that you could have easily lost the radio connection between the controller and the Mavic, and usually you'll lose video before that.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-13 09:41

You can upload your logs to this link just follow instructions on link then just post link here on your thread. Or you can do the same on healthydrones.com
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-3-13 09:24

If he lost radio signal it would initiate RTH it didn't , if it went into Atti mode it would be on his screenshot he had plenty of gps sats.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-3-13 09:50
Unless you have bypassed the height limit, you can only climb 400 feet above your home point (usually where you takeoff).  From the limited view we get in your screen shot, this appears to be a mountainous area.  It would appear that you could have easily lost the radio connection between the controller and the Mavic, and usually you'll lose video before that.

If he lost radio connection it would have initiated RTH.
2017-3-13
Use props
MW2005
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7185 ft
Austria

same happen to me today.
Copter 200m away and 200 m high, Remote loses Connection and is not able to reconnect, instant of RTH as set in the App, he came down hard.... waiting for DJI Support now.
2017-3-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-13 10:12
If he lost radio connection it would have initiated RTH.

Not if he didn't lose control link, only video path.
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-3-13 10:38
Not if he didn't lose control link, only video path.

Although it might be jus semantics, you said radio connection.
2017-3-13
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-13 10:46

His screenshot doesn't really tell you much at all though does it ... Also, we know that having GPS sats, doesnt stop it going to atti mode does it ...
2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-3-13 11:23
His screenshot doesn't really tell you much at all though does it ...

It just shows the end of his flight according to his flight in the app, but your right it doesn't tell us much.
2017-3-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-13 10:46

Video travels via a radio connection, or better, an RF link.
2017-3-13
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 02:25
Sorry to hear about the loss of your drone, Beamer.
I cannot sync your flight records from my end.
Could you please follow the video tutorial to sync the flight records again?

I synced them now so they should be visible.
2017-3-15
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/P6ORL0WCKIHHKPG35F5V/
2017-3-15
Use props
Molar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26004 ft
Canada

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-15 14:29

Hi Beamer

First off sorry about your aircraft you must be devastated.  I don't claim to know the situation nor am I familiar with the area where you were flying but is it possible that you flew into Cathedral Rock?  Being that you were in sport mode you wouldn't have had the forward obstacle sensors activated.

What was your home elevation?
(The summit elevation of Cathedral Rock is 4,967 feet (1,514 m).

I wish you all the best.
2017-3-15
Use props
Yngveny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246864 ft
Singapore

Hope you are not surprised that you lost connection...
16.03_1.png
2017-3-15
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Yngveny Posted at 2017-3-15 18:19
Hope you are not surprised that you lost connection...
[view_image]

Well damn! He was pretty far away @ the time..
2017-3-15
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-15 19:46

it was open range just over a mile away. The Mavic claims it to have a 4.3 mile range. I understand that varies by conditions but this was in  no mans land In the middle of Arizona. I would think that would be optimal conditions for maximum distance. Technically speaking, the drone should've been able to stay connected up to four times the distance I was currently at.
2017-3-15
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-15 19:46

it was open range just over a mile away. The Mavic claims it to have a 4.3 mile range. I understand that varies by conditions but this was in  no mans land In the middle of Arizona. I would think that would be optimal conditions for maximum distance. Technically speaking, the drone should've been able to stay connected up to four times the distance I was currently at
2017-3-15
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

The aircraft was at 395.7' up. The hills apparently didn't block the signal. 5917' is only about 1.1 mile.
2017-3-15
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

pretty much you flew right in between or around Cathedral Rock. Lost signal from the rocks or crashed is most likely. You were going at 40mph so connection lost would of been instant if you crashed.
2017-3-16
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

and without reading logs, if you were at the rear of that rock in sport mode and it did go RTH,  would it not just turn toward home climb a bit and then just drive it self into the rock ??  gotta be worth going round the other side using your plan,  go a distance away with a pair of binoculars, and scour the cliff of the rock, as you may see it stuck up there? totally amazing scenary though !  WOW !
2017-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-15 14:29

Looking at your logs , shows no sign of battery failure no fail in gps signal no aircraft malfunction, but I'm afraid looking at your picture your flight ended when it crashed, and at that speed if it hit the rocks as it almost certain it did it won't be in great shape.

If you have dji care might be worth getting your last know coordinates and go hiking.

Good luck..
2017-3-16
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

So the crazy thing is that I was way clear of any rocks as I was watching the video flying. Even the log video reflects that. Is there a way to upload the last 13 second clip? It just all of a sudden went went "disconnected" and it's all history from there. We tried climbing for a couple hours but was impossible to reach the last know location,
2017-3-16
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-16 14:11
So the crazy thing is that I was way clear of any rocks as I was watching the video flying. Even the log video reflects that. Is there a way to upload the last 13 second clip? It just all of a sudden went went "disconnected" and it's all history from there. We tried climbing for a couple hours but was impossible to reach the last know location,

We tried climbing for a couple hours but was impossible to reach the last know location

Do you know anyone else with a drone who might be able to (very carefully) fly around your Mavic's last known location? I suppose that in a way it doesn't really matter if the location is unreachable by you, but I'm guessing that if nothing else you'd at least like to identify your Mavic's final resting place.
2017-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-16 14:11

I think dji might be able to recover from you dat file the end of your flight, but I think they would need the SD card from your aircraft to see the end of your flight video.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-15 14:15
I synced them now so they should be visible.

Sorry for my late reply.
Having some trouble syncing the flight records.
I have checked your flight records, sorry I can't tell what's going on with your aircraft.
Please send an email to support.us@dji.com. Our engineers will help to analyse the flight records.
Besides, did you recover the aircraft?
2017-3-18
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Sorry beamer for your loss. Hopefully, DJI figures out what caused the problem in exact details and maybe if it wasn't your fault, DJI will replace your Drone. There's a few videos online where DJI were able to replace drones for runaway drones. One guy actually lost his drone in a cold river and the only thing he had as evidence, after his logs showed no proof there was a malfunction was the video his drone recorded before it went into the river. There was an error that came up in the screen that the log didn't record. PM me and I'll send you his video channel.
2017-3-19
Use props
Yngveny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246864 ft
Singapore

Beamer Posted at 2017-3-15 22:45
it was open range just over a mile away. The Mavic claims it to have a 4.3 mile range. I understand that varies by conditions but this was in  no mans land In the middle of Arizona. I would think that would be optimal conditions for maximum distance. Technically speaking, the drone should've been able to stay connected up to four times the distance I was currently at

I agree with you, the distance shouldn't be a problem. Putting a mountain between the controller and the drone however....  Hope you are able to recover it, even if the probable crash site seems quite inaccessible.
2017-3-19
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

So  it's getting a little frustrating.  After the analyst team came to conclusion they were unable to take  Full responsibility for the flyaway  because it was a potential walk in the signal from flying on the other side of the rock, they offered me a drone without the controller or charger plus a 30% off coupon. I was  satisfied and excited about ordering a new Mavic.The problem is, the coupon code they sent didn't  work and I've been trying for 8 days now to get a response with crickets. What can I do at this point DJI?  I've tried every angle of customer service and they keep directing me to http://www.dji.com/support which only sends me in a loop back to the same issue. I just really want to order my drone.
2017-4-14
Use props
Beamer
lvl.1
United States

Apologize for the typos. Voice text
2017-4-14
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft