How do I re-Calibrate Z3 camera?
2575 15 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronesondemand
lvl.1
Flight distance : 728635 ft
United Kingdom

When I initially turned on my Z3 for the first time I was asked to calibrate the camera by pointing it at something in the distance.  Unfortunately this caught me by surprise as this step isn't listed in the instructions and I was in my office.  I'm now getting some issues where the images aren't particularly sharp and am wondering if this may be a reason for it, so would like to recalibrate the camera.

I can't find any option to do this in the Go app - but have managed to sucessfully recalibrate the gimbal several times.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Matthew
2017-3-13
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Matthew -Go to the camera tools area  , on main page of go app, far middle right  (where the shutter, aperture, iso, settings  are located ). and see if it is in there , I know on my X5 this is where it is located .  Also maybe  tap the MF/AF on the go app and see if it pops up.
Perhaps someone who owns the Z3 Like Rich can chime in .

donnie

2017-3-13
Use props
dronesondemand
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-13 07:26
Matthew -Go to the camera tools area  , on main page of go app, far middle right  (where the shutter, aperture, iso, sttings  are located ). and see if it is in there , I know on my X5 this is where it is located .  Also maybe  tap the MF/AF on the go app and see if it pops up.
Perhaps someone who owns the X3 Like Rich can chime in .

Thanks - will check in the morning.
2017-3-21
Use props
dronesondemand
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-13 07:26
Matthew -Go to the camera tools area  , on main page of go app, far middle right  (where the shutter, aperture, iso, sttings  are located ). and see if it is in there , I know on my X5 this is where it is located .  Also maybe  tap the MF/AF on the go app and see if it pops up.
Perhaps someone who owns the X3 Like Rich can chime in .

Hi Donnie - no option there sadly
2017-3-22
Use props
dronesondemand
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any DJI staffer able to help?  Still suffering from non-sharp pictures
2017-4-4
Use props
Colin Aldred
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1164613 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronesondemand Posted at 2017-4-4 05:56
Any DJI staffer able to help?  Still suffering from non-sharp pictures

When I zoom in using the Z3 lens my pictures become blurred too. This doesn't happen with the Z3 when I use it on my Osmo.
2017-4-4
Use props
esmith.troycabl
lvl.1
United States

Did anyone get the answer, I'm getting the same soft focus issue.
2017-5-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

esmith.troycabl Posted at 2017-5-7 05:17
Did anyone get the answer, I'm getting the same soft focus issue.

Did you try to reset the camera settings ?  it is located on the camera options on the far right of the go app, also  see if there is a calibration option under the" tools setting"   for the camera , I know this is where it is located on my X5 and can't imagine it being anywhere else .   Let me know , I just tried to find your answer 100% and spent the last 20 minutes on- line looking for it , and the search tool here  on the forum is useless , if you search "Z3 " you dont even get any Z3 hits, Have been complaining about this for a while now , dont know why DJI does not fix it !!
Anyway let me know if you find it .

donnie
2017-5-7
Use props
esmith.troycabl
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-7 06:12
Did you try to reset the camera settings ?  it is located on the camera options on the far right of the go app, also  see if there is a calibration option under the" tools setting"   for the camera , I know this is where it is located on my X5 and can't imagine it being anywhere else .   Let me know , I just tried to find your answer 100% and spent the last 20 minutes on- line looking for it , and the search tool here  on the forum is useless , if you search "Z3 " you dont even get any Z3 hits, Have been complaining about this for a while now , dont know why DJI does not fix it !!
Anyway let me know if you find it .

Thanks for trying to help,
Yes I have reset all settings, removed and reinstalled the firmware, there is no provision for manual focus any where I can find. No tulip and mountain scale anywhere.
2017-5-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

esmith.troycabl Posted at 2017-5-7 06:53
Thanks for trying to help,
Yes I have reset all settings, removed and reinstalled the firmware, there is no provision for manual focus any where I can find. No tulip and mountain scale anywhere.

I have a friend of mine who is looking at his and will get back with you  ( or I )  he owns the Z3 and is a very bright , he may have the answer .

I can't believe how horrible the directions are with most  DJI products . There support videos are not much better either .  

donnie
2017-5-7
Use props
esmith.troycabl
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-7 08:14
I have a friend of mine who is looking at his and will get back with you  ( or I )  he owns the Z3 and is a very bright , he may have the answer .

I can't believe how horrible the directions are with most  DJI products . There support videos are not much better either .  

Thanks for looking into this.
2017-5-7
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-7 08:14

Donnie,
Glad to see you lost the duck!!
2017-5-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-7 13:04
Donnie,
Glad to see you lost the duck!!

Hey ....
Duck You !!!  LOL

I agree Heidi is much better  to look at than Donald Duck !!

Cheers

donnie
2017-5-7
Use props
fans8bcc2968
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90594 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-7 13:41
Hey ....
Duck You !!!  LOL

Hi All - Does anyone know hot to re-calibrate the Z3 - I have the same issue, it initially asked to calibrate but I declined as I was indoors, now I can't see anywhere in the app how to enter that mode of calibration at all?
2018-2-15
Use props
Donnie -
First Officer
United States

fans8bcc2968 Posted at 2018-2-15 12:25
Hi All - Does anyone know hot to re-calibrate the Z3 - I have the same issue, it initially asked to calibrate but I declined as I was indoors, now I can't see anywhere in the app how to enter that mode of calibration at all?

Ask Rich , I am almost certain he owns one .   May just want to go to Google and type in Z3 calibration or go to you tube ..

It may be an option on the "camera tools menu" on the far right of the main  go app screen .....where you set like the 1080 or 4k etc. white balance , color saturataion etc.  

donnie
2018-2-16
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

dronesondemand Posted at 2017-3-22 00:49
Hi Donnie - no option there sadly

Hey I own a z3 and it bugs on the v1, it could be either the gimbal connector or the ncore.

On the v2 t601 it works perfectly. It won't work on a v1 simply.
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules