Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sharing replacement experience (from start to the end)
2431 25 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Hi!

As I had to send my mavic in, because of the blurry image, I wanted to share my experience from the first to the last step (whatever it will be).
Case number CAS-495526-F1W9X8

So far not much happened. Sent it in today (March 13.).
Will update as soon as something happen.

Steps:

1. Feb. 26: Email sent to DJI support reporting the problem.
2. Feb. 27: Reply from DJI asking several questions.
3. March 8: Received a case number and shipping label.
4. March 13: Mavic shipped to DJI.
5. March 14: Delivered to DJI in Netherlands but no change in status
6. March 15: No change in status
7. March 16: No change in status
8. March 17: No change in status
9. March 18. No change in status
10. March 19. No change in status  
11. March 20. Case not trackable anymore. Looks like case was deleted. According to DJI it is still there but I cannot track it. Now trackable again but no change in status.
12. March 21. Confirmation email from DJI received. DJI promises to ship the replacement in 5 business days.
13. March 21. A note is added that replacement is shipped. Tracking ID available. Tracking not possible yet.  After talking to a support agent it´s gonna be a brand new unit and not a refurbished one14. March 21. Mavic left DJI facility and UPS will deliver it on March 22.
14. March 22. New Mavic arrived. Will try it out and post the results later.

Did the first flight test and took a ton of pics.

No blurry edges anymore. Mavic seems to be stable in the air even with wind of 28km/h and sudden changing of direction.
Did not flew much (31min only) but till now I´m happy with the replacement.

SUMMARY
1. Repair time: 9 days from handing over to UPS to get the new drone up in the air. That is absolutely reasonable.
2. Commucation: Catastrophic. Support tells stories (not to say lies) about the turnaround time. Was promised to get it swapped the same day it arrives in their facility. Actually it took 8 days.
3. Time before getting the shipping label: 10 days. Could be done faster. Most delay was caused by handing over the case several times to somebody and each agent asked the same questions (SN, proove of purchase etc.) ignoring that it has already been provided in the same chat/case. Scrolling up would have solve it.

Conclusion:

Am I satisfied with the support?
Well, yes and know. I´d give at least 4* for the case handling when I wasnt told lies about the turnaround times. Taking the "stories" i was told into account it drops to 2*, bercause to me honesty counts way more then handling time.

Will I ever buy from DJI again?
Well (again), taking into account all the horror stories I´ve read here about reaplacement or repair cases taking  weeks to months (more or less) and the lack of communication, I must be one of the lucky pilots who got his problem solved in such a short time. Next reason for calling me lucky is that one replacement doesnt guarantee the problem beeing solved. One of the members here was in his fifth replacement case.
Depending on availability I might go for a local dealer instead of DJI online store. When I have a problem with a local bought unit I can simply drop it there and get a new one just at that moment without waiting for shipping labels and all the other processes.

What can DJI do to improve their service?
Very simple question. Be honest. Tell realistic repair/replace time to you customers.
Sooner or later a new big player will show up to the market bringing excellent drones to us. Providing a better service as DJI will cause customers to switch.
Till now there are no compareable products available but this day will come for sure. We all remember the Nokia story. Dont let DJI experience the same!

Thanks to everyone who followed my case and many thanks to the mods here. You seem to be the only DJI stuff who can/try/is willing to help us.

Alex

2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you have any query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-13
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you, Mindy! I will.
2017-3-13
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy,

How long does it take to update your system? My Mavic has been delivered two days ago but the status is still the same. It doesnt show that it arrived at the DJI facility.

Thanks

Alex
2017-3-16
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

It is Friday now. Mavic has arrived four days ago at DJI Facility but status still not changed.
2017-3-17
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-17 00:06
It is Friday now. Mavic has arrived four days ago at DJI Facility but status still not changed.

I think your box is sitting next to my box. The question is who is first?
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Schata Posted at 2017-3-17 00:06

Currently it takes about seven days according to my experience.
2017-3-17
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-17 19:54
Currently it takes about seven days according to my experience.

Ok. Thats nice.

1. Please, explain why it takes seven days from the drop off to register in your system? It is ridiculous. No company in the world needs 7 days to process a simple registering task.  What happens during this 7 days?
Or are you getting hundred of thousands drones back? Thats the only scenario to explain the 7 days.

2. Why does the support guarantee a turnaround of 1 day?
    "We will ship the replacement the same day your drone arrives at our facility."

After 5 days it has still not been registered in your system.  IMO all your supporting stuff is telling us is simply a lie! I mean the email support stuff from the Netherlands, not you guys here. Dont misunderstand me. You seem to be the only support we can get from DJI at all.

I absolutely understand that things can go wrong. A new product like Mavic is never perfect. We all know enough stories like first iPhone etc. Nobody is blaming DJI for problems with the camera or other things. We all just want to get it fixed and enjoy our flights.

But your information policy is almost criminal. Your support lies and promises things it cannot hold and they even dont want to.

Why just dont be honest? How about that? Nobody would blame you for a realistic turnaround time.
Tell your customers that it takes at least two weeks after sending in before you can ship a replacement.

BUT TELL IT TO THEM BEFORE THEY SHIP IT IN. STOP PROMISING THINGS YOU CANNOT HOLD AND STOP THE LIES.
I did not really expect the drone do be shipped the same day out to me. But after 5 days it is our right expect at least some kind of information what is going on.

Yesterday I got an email that my case has climbed the priority stair and I´m now able to track it. I tried it. What a suprise, I was not able to track it. After telling it to the support guy he asked me to use my case # for tracking. ???????? what he thinks I did use before to track? After the second time telling him that it does not work he simply stopped replying my emails.
Very helpful, thanks to "Support4.NL", whoever this is.

DJI, you have great products but your customers care is catastrophic.
2017-3-18
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-3-17 12:07
I think your box is sitting next to my box. The question is who is first?

DId you also ship yours in to Netherlands?  
2017-3-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-18 03:53
Ok. Thats nice.

1. Please, explain why it takes seven days from the drop off to register in your system? It is ridiculous. No company in the world needs 7 days to process a simple registering task.  What happens during this 7 days?

"We will ship the replacement the same day your drone arrives at our facility."

Out of curiosity where did that come from? I have Care Refresh but don't remember ever seeing DJI commit to a same-day turnaround time on shipping a replacement.
2017-3-18
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

I got this information from the support stuff during the case discussion.

Thats what he wrote;

When we receive your faulty unit & we have replacements in stock, we will swap it on the same day. After this we will send it to you, which normally takes 2-8 days, depending on the shipping and what your current location is.

Even when there is no replacement available from the stock, after 5 days it should have been registered at least.
And no, I dont have DJI care. It is a warranty case for a very well known problem with the blurry image.

Alex

2017-3-18
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Would DJI please leave a comment on the promises the support has made to me?
2017-3-20
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-18 03:54
DId you also ship yours in to Netherlands?

Nope my box is in CA
2017-3-20
Use props
fans7984fc8d
lvl.1

Australia

We all LOVE DJI products they truly are amazing, BUT sloppy support and buggy updates are killing the love.
2017-3-20
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

ok. then they are sitting next to each other with slight gap
2017-3-20
Use props
fans7984fc8d
lvl.1

Australia

PS. DJI you guys need to CLONE DJI KEN, he is good value.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.1

Germany

My faulty out of the box Mavic was received in Germany on February 15th and I'm still waiting. https://forum.dji.com/thread-87631-1-1.html
2017-3-20
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

When you sent it in to the German repair center it is really gonna be repaired and not replaced. When I talked to them (also called them before shipped it in) they said that due to a lack of parts the repair process takes about 20 working days.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.1

Germany

Schata Posted at 2017-3-20 06:06
When you sent it in to the German repair center it is really gonna be repaired and not replaced. When I talked to them (also called them before shipped it in) they said that due to a lack of parts the repair process takes about 20 working days.

if they repair it then I will send it back for a full refund, i'm not accepting a repaired product for this money.
2017-3-20
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:33
if they repair it then I will send it back for a full refund, i'm not accepting a repaired product for this money.

Thats what I was told by them. For replacement the defective drone needs to be sent to the Netherlands, for repair to the German facility when you come from Germany.
2017-3-20
Use props
Nico640
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16709 ft
Germany

Wow. Mine was delivered on the 13th and the status changed to Received and Verified on the 17th but it hasn't been sent out yet. It was also an DOA unit because of jello video. What is this lottery system?
2017-3-22
Use props
MW2005
New
Flight distance : 7185 ft
Austria

@Schata  "When you sent it in to the German repair center it is really gonna be repaired and not replaced. When I talked to them (also called them before shipped it in) they said that due to a lack of parts the repair process takes about 20 working days."

How can you pick where you want to send it too, when i requested information about where to send it the just told me to send it to Germany,...10-15 day
i am with @fans262fb520  here, if the send me back a repaired one, i will probably drive over there and not in a good mood.
I got my Copter on Fr 10.3. and it fall out of the Sky on Sunday 4 Batt,..... so guess my mood,...
2017-3-22
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

MW2005 Posted at 2017-3-22 05:21
@Schata  "When you sent it in to the German repair center it is really gonna be repaired and not replaced. When I talked to them (also called them before shipped it in) they said that due to a lack of parts the repair process takes about 20 working days."

How can you pick where you want to send it too, when i requested information about where to send it the just told me to send it to Germany,...10-15 day

I think I did the same as you (contacted them through support site).
Dont know what your issue was with the Mavic but I had a blurred edge. It is an extremely well known problem and the regular procedure is to replace the drone. Didnt hear about repair cases for this specific problem. So thats why they asked me to send it to NL.  

I wish you all the best and hope you get it solved soon in the way you want it to be.
2017-3-22
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

I guess I shouldn't be worrying then, about the fact my return arrived this morning (according to the TnTexpress website) and has not yet registered as received on the DJI site.
2017-5-1
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

BeachDuc Posted at 2017-5-1 00:49
I guess I shouldn't be worrying then, about the fact my return arrived this morning (according to the TnTexpress website) and has not yet registered as received on the DJI site.

Expect the status about a week to change.
2017-5-1
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

Schata Posted at 2017-5-1 03:29
Expect the status about a week to change.

I guess I was lucky.  I got an email acknowledging receipt of my Mavic this morning.  Now to wait upon the analysis.
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules