Video Not Recording to SD Card
9678 13 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samfordU
New

United States

Hello,

We just began flying with the DJI Mavic Pro and had a question regarding retreiving the video we have shot.

We were able to see all the video in the DJI GO app, however when we plugged in the Mavic to our computer via our mini SD cable - the folder was empty.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for your help.
2017-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Assume you are talking about the MicroSD card that came with the Mavic? I would reformat it using the Mavic and Go 4, then try writing to the card to see if it will save files.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The files should be there on the SD card.
Can you use a SD card reader and just put the SD card into your computer.
Also, you're sure you haven't tapped the "Format SD card" option have you?
2017-3-13
Use props
samfordU
New

United States

Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. Yes, I'm talking about the MicroSD card that came with the Mavic. I guess we will have to try an SD card reader tomorrow. Yes, I'm pretty confident we haven't accidentally formatted the card. When I plug in the cable and turn on the Mavic it registers to my iMac (as "NO NAME") similar to when I plug in my DJI OSMO - but when I open the folder there isn't anything there even though we had just been flying (and recording) for 15 minutes. Like I said, it DOES appear on the app, so I am confident it is recording somewhere.
2017-3-13
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mac  
2017-3-13
Use props
samfordU
New

United States

Hi 4wd, is this the Dikembe Mutombo "no, no, no" finger?
2017-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

This is what the filepath should look like:

NO NAME\DCIM\100MEDIA\ <your stuff gets saved here>

2017-3-13
Use props
samfordU
New

United States

Ex Machina, the only folder that comes up is the NO NAME folder...contents are completely empty.
2017-3-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

samfordU Posted at 2017-3-14 04:53
Ex Machina, the only folder that comes up is the NO NAME folder...contents are completely empty.

Have you tried reformatting the card inside the Mavic using Go 4 -- not your computer? Once you successfully reformat, try to take some photos and then see if the directories and pics appear.

Do you have another class 10 card you could try?
2017-3-14
Use props
samfordU
New

United States

I'll try that and let you know how it goes. thanks!
2017-3-14
Use props
guillePagano
New
Uruguay

samfordU Posted at 2017-3-14 06:24
I'll try that and let you know how it goes. thanks!

Did you fix this? I had the same problem twice now,  I can see the recorded footage on my phone but nothing is in the SD card.  The first time I scanned the sd card with an SD recoering program and it find the two files I shooted but they wer SWF instead of videos. I format the card so I can film again and everithing was OK for some days, but yesterday It happened the same. Video perfect in my phone but nothing in the SD Card.
Help please!
2017-7-21
Use props
wvmkr
New
Flight distance : 1407 ft
United States

guillePagano Posted at 2017-7-21 06:17
Did you fix this? I had the same problem twice now,  I can see the recorded footage on my phone but nothing is in the SD card.  The first time I scanned the sd card with an SD recoering program and it find the two files I shooted but they wer SWF instead of videos. I format the card so I can film again and everithing was OK for some days, but yesterday It happened the same. Video perfect in my phone but nothing in the SD Card.
Help please!

I have same issue - brand new Mavic, formatted SD card that came with it, I see images and video in the log but nothing is on the card.
2017-8-19
Use props
Vacation Rental
New
United States

I have the same problem. Only one video out of 10 was on the mini SD
2017-10-17
Use props
Owen Mclaughlin
New

United States

Check to make sure that the computer is scanning for all files