Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 for Linux
12Next >
24985 40 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jinxos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4856 ft
Switzerland

Hi there, are there plans for offering a build of the Assistant 2 software for Linux as well? The Charging Hub firmware can only be updated via the Assistant software and it would be nice if we had a way to do that either via a command line utility or the full app from Linux. Alternatively, enabling the firmware to be upgraded via the Go app would be nice as well.

Thank you in advance!
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for your suggestion. I will brought this to designated team for review.
Please refer to the video tutorial. You can do the update via DJI GO app.
2017-3-13
Use props
Jinxos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4856 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 22:50
Thank you for your suggestion. I will brought this to designated team for review.
Please refer to the video tutorial. You can do the update via DJI GO app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47KsQhUv4o&t=86s

Thank you but the answer you gave is wrong. I'm trying to update the battery Charging Hub, not my controller/aircraft. This does not seem to be possible with the Go app yet.
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jinxos Posted at 2017-3-18 03:10
Thank you but the answer you gave is wrong. I'm trying to update the battery Charging Hub, not my controller/aircraft. This does not seem to be possible with the Go app yet.

Sorry for my mistake.
And there's no update for the charging hub currently.
Normally, you don't need to update it.
2017-3-18
Use props
rkwilson72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 892 ft
United States

I would also like to know if there will be DJI Assistant 2 for Linux.
2018-1-25
Use props
Tukcedo
lvl.1
Philippines

Same here! I'm an avid Linux and DJI user and it would be awesome if we could use a native Linux app. At the moment DJI Assistant is entirely useless for me.
2018-1-27
Use props
motard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Same here, no update I think.
2018-1-27
Use props
mikeseven
lvl.3
United States

I have DJI Assistant 2 set up in a Windows 7 VM using VirtualBox in Linux. I haven't tried doing something like a firmware update, but what I have done seems to work ok.
2018-1-27
Use props
rkwilson72
lvl.2
United States

I wonder if wine will work for DJI Assistant 2 in Linux?
2018-2-6
Use props
mikeseven
lvl.3
United States

In my googling I didn't see anyone that was successful using wine. Problems with the drivers. With VirtualBox it was easy. I have valid windows licenses but I used a licensed testing virtual machine image from microsoft which made the vm install dead simple. There is the question of would I trust doing a firmware update over usb pass-thru, but I don't intend to update the firmware if I can avoid it.
2018-2-6
Use props
rkwilson72
lvl.2
United States

mikeseven Posted at 2018-2-6 08:17
In my googling I didn't see anyone that was successful using wine. Problems with the drivers. With VirtualBox it was easy. I have valid windows licenses but I used a licensed testing virtual machine image from microsoft which made the vm install dead simple. There is the question of would I trust doing a firmware update over usb pass-thru, but I don't intend to update the firmware if I can avoid it.

Wine reversed engineered Windows, so it doesn't have any code from Microsoft. I meant to try it out last night, but had to fix one of my corrupt hard drives.

Just installed wine 2.0 and one of these days, need to test DJI A2 out.
2018-2-7
Use props
rkwilson72
lvl.2
United States

I just tried wine and Crossover Weaver and nothing.

I hope DJI releases the assistant for Linux.
2018-2-7
Use props
mikeseven
lvl.3
United States

rkwilson72 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:29
Wine reversed engineered Windows, so it doesn't have any code from Microsoft. I meant to try it out last night, but had to fix one of my corrupt hard drives.

Just installed wine 2.0 and one of these days, need to test DJI A2 out.

Yes, that is a downside of VirtualBox, you need an actual copy of windows. On the other hand, since it is actually windows more programs run correctly. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Linux version.

2018-2-7
Use props
Maxi_Mega
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139672 ft
France

I tried to launch the DJI Assistant 2 with Wine, but it doesn't work ...
So it would be nice to set a Linux version of the DJI Assistant ^^

Thanks
2018-6-26
Use props
Blue Fox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296175 ft
France

The same for me...
Dual boot Ubuntu/Windows for the moment...
2018-12-19
Use props
Maxi_Mega
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139672 ft
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-18 23:28
Sorry for my mistake.
And there's no update for the charging hub currently.
Normally, you don't need to update it.

Hello,

Is the designated team now working on the Linux version of the DJI Assistant 2 ?
It would be really nice ^^

Cordially,

Maxi_Mega
2019-2-14
Use props
info
New

Netherlands

Hello, same here, please release a working Linux version, there are really a lot of tech people using Linux.
2019-7-16
Use props
konanast
New
Greece

DJI must release a Linux or android version. It is sad that such a big company refuses to do it...
2020-2-16
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I have been using Linux for 20 years so I too would like to have the Assistant working on my platform of choice. I just posted this to be counted that's all.
2020-2-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

For those wanting / waiting on a Linux version of DJI Assistant-2.  Don't hold your breath.  

We are still waiting on DJI to get Windows version of Assistant-2 certified by Microsoft to where it will install without problems and bypassing system security.  The OS-X version of Assistant-2 will not install properly, leaving some parts of Assistant-2 D.O.A.
2020-2-17
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Same here. Not really dual boot but an external HD to boot Windows.
2020-2-17
Use props
unixstricken
New

United States

Please make a linux DJI assistant application. I'm unable to update anything.
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_fKcIpzNlVH0z
New

United States

Any updates on either progress on an official version, a getting wine working, or someone doing a firmware update via a virtual box? I'd like to be able to update firmware please...
2020-7-15
Use props
fans111ae127
lvl.1

Australia

rkwilson72 Posted at 2018-2-6 07:37
I wonder if wine will work for DJI Assistant 2 in Linux?

I have just tried running DJI Assistant 2 with Wine on Linux Mint 20.3 ulyana and it fails to load with a "serious" error
2020-7-27
Use props
elgansayer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

any update?
2020-8-28
Use props
the.beard.ed
New

Mexico

I have it installed and can run the application using wine. The issue I have currently is that the application does not recognize when I connect any DJI gear via USB to the system. I've verified wine settings and the devices are available but for some reason, they do not trigger the program to go to the next step.

2020-9-3
Use props
Orbiter
New

Germany

How long would it take for DJI to compile the Assistent 2 on Linux?
2021-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2020-2-17 06:59
For those wanting / waiting on a Linux version of DJI Assistant-2.  Don't hold your breath.  

We are still waiting on DJI to get Windows version of Assistant-2 certified by Microsoft to where it will install without problems and bypassing system security.  The OS-X version of Assistant-2 will not install properly, leaving some parts of Assistant-2 D.O.A.

I have no issues with Assistant 2 install on my Macs

What is the problem with yours exactly?

Cheers
2021-2-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the.beard.ed Posted at 2020-9-3 12:53
I have it installed and can run the application using wine. The issue I have currently is that the application does not recognize when I connect any DJI gear via USB to the system. I've verified wine settings and the devices are available but for some reason, they do not trigger the program to go to the next step.

DJI Assistant sets a a USB ethernet connection to the drone.

Make sure that you appropriately set your ethernet adapter priorities correctly.

I had to tweak my connection settings for my iMac Pro.

Not sure the process for Linux with this style of USB connection but can be problematic with default routes etc.

i.e. can connect to drone but cant access web for FW files if first on the priority list.

2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_GtWEmiYvcX8f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I know there’s no update on this issue I just wanted to add my name to the list of those requesting DJI Assistant on Ubuntu or similar. Windows 10 is bloody awful and Apple isn’t the company it once was and simply views its customers as gullible cash cows. Please do your loyal customers a favour DJI and give us a build that will work on the operating systems that more and more people are turning to. I have Windows 10 installed since Windows 7 stopped being supported by Microsoft and its bloody awful. I’d rather not have to go down the virtual box route but it looks like I’m going to have no choice at this rate.
2021-5-7
Use props
macrokernel
New

Russia

Need the Linux version of Assistant badly. DJI, please make a Linux build.
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_ejwhG36y8kpC
lvl.2

Australia

Please add Linux .rpm and .deb to anything you make for Windows.
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_eX1u8pzHQNjF
New

United States

I'll just add my voice to the mix about DJI should do their Assistant 2 type application for Linux operating system (Ubuntu would be nice).  

BTW people with the MAC comments... MAC OSX +  is based on BSD UNIX, not Linux.   Far as running DJI Assistant 2 with Wine on Linux, I don't know if possibly the MS .NET framework might also be needed or not, but if so the .NET is available for Linux.  

2022-1-6
Use props
RSergey
New

Russia

I see that it is useless to ask a DJ for a Linux version package (since 2017 they have been asking and already in 2022). I went to download windows 10 and install virtual box, if it works out well, I’ll tell you (edited: yes, through virtual box it works, but takes some time to install and tune windows, usb...), if not, you need to look for good guys who have windows installed on their computer.

2022-1-22
Use props
Rob_Frohne
New

United States

I am another Linux user who would like to run DJI Assistant 2 on Linux.

Rob
2022-6-22
Use props
BigJettty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105358288 ft
United States

Any news on Linux compatibility?
2023-4-21
Use props
ultraSsak
New

Poland

Im currently looking to purchase a drone, was thinking about dji 3 pro,
But im not purchasing anything that doesn't work with Linux.

I'm leaving this post here,  so when things change i'll get a notice.  
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_dtajqPqOtbz4
lvl.1

United States

I also vote for a Linux version of the Assistant 2 and all other DJI software,  future versions as well! Its 2023/24 you know!......... PLEASE!
I gave up windows/windoze after XP.

I think the Linux compile times would depend on the raw code file size, build and make install as well as the machine processor used.

Bob D Coder/wanna bee a bird
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_vNHka855VU4G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123990 ft

Sweden

Yes, Linux support for all DJI applications would be a natural assumption in 2023. More and more users are ditching Windows and Apple for good reasons. I myself have been using Linux since 1994 and ONLY Linux since XP was EOL:ed by MS. I won't even touch a PC running anything above Win7.
Offering only Windows versions of some applications (Terra and Flighthub comes to mind) in 2023 is really poor end user support, forcing users to use an inferior platform with poor security as a bonus.
2023-10-22
Use props
nsauk
lvl.1

Poland

I'd like to say that now in 202x you can work with USB devices from Chromium-based browsers, e.g. Google Pixel devices can be flashed using flash.android.com.

So if DJI still has doubts about whether there's a real need to maintain another OS-specific distribution, I'd suggest they can drop the Windows and Mac OS distributions instead and write a web-based tool that works on any platform where Chromium-based browsers do.
2023-11-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules