1613 3 2014-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bourrat.simon
New
Flight distance : 32963 ft
France

Hi everybody,
I'm going to shoot a movie with a DJI S1000 in Guyana. The shooting will start next week for 1 month.
In response to the high humidity, the hot weather and the saline air, what do you suggest to maintain the S1000 until the end of the shooting?
Thank you for your attention

2014-10-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simon,

The heat I can advise you on as I fly in 110 plus temps regularly in the summer.  Keep your lipos cool.  They can puff even when idle.  Humidity can lead to corrosion so you should check your bearings and that applies to the saline air as well.  Your controls should not have issues but talk about an extreme environment.  Make sure that you check for solar activity in your area before flight.  High K values can cause many unwanted issues.
2014-10-8
Use props
hugotreu
New

Brazil

I just lost my second S1000 with A2 and Canon M3 he became uncontrollably for no apparent reason !
No longer can rely on DJI ?
2014-10-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

hugotreu Posted at 2014-11-1 02:49
I just lost my second S1000 with A2 and Canon M3 he became uncontrollably for no apparent reason !

Hugo,

We have thousands of users that fly their S1000's with A2's every day.  All without incident.  Did you have a iOSD MK II attached and did you recover the craft?  We may be able to analyze the flight data if you have it.  I am sorry for your loss.
2014-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules