Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak signal and many problems with signal
3834 37 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170430 ft
Portugal

Good evening,

On the last flights I've done, I've had a lot of problems with my Mavic at signal loss. The command shows maximum signal, but in the application appears "signal lost" and with many image flaws. Initially I thought it was some problem on the phone, because with the command I could control Mavic without problems.
When I saw the flight logs, I found a losing huge signals, even though I was close (10 meters for example), (I was never informed that I had a critical signal, at one time I just had big interferences). What can it be?

I update all firmwares before last flight.

I leave here my logins of the last flights.

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map (First problem)
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=SENSORSSignal_Map (Last Flight)

Sorry for my english, but i not speak and write very good.

2017-3-13
Use props
Sidonsoft
Flight distance : 514039 ft
Australia

I have found the problem, it is because you are using Android.  I have the same issues when using an Android device.  The signal errors go away in when using a ios device.
2017-3-13
Use props
Sidonsoft
Australia

2017-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I wouldn't expect signal issues to have anything at all to do with your smartphone OS but rather the locations of your flights. You should return to the area where you had problems and try again with your iOS device.
2017-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Why are you using the DJI Go 3 app? Go 4 is what DJI wants you to use for your Mavic going forward -- I personally wouldn't trust the older app.
2017-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-13 17:59
I wouldn't expect signal issues to have anything at all to do with your smartphone OS but rather the locations of your flights. You should return to the area where you had problems and try again with your iOS device.

Strike that -- might be dangerous! Instead, revisit the area where you didn't have any problems and try again with your Android device. ;)
2017-3-13
Use props
Sidonsoft
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-13 19:54
Strike that -- might be dangerous! Instead, revisit the area where you didn't have any problems and try again with your Android device. ;)

look carefully, they are exact same area. 15mins apart.  DJI GO has less signal issues than DJI GO 4 but only slightly.  iPhone 6 Plus performs better than iPad but both are within green signal errors.
2017-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Sidonsoft Posted at 2017-3-13 22:40
look carefully, they are exact same area. 15mins apart.  DJI GO has less signal issues than DJI GO 4 but only slightly.  iPhone 6 Plus performs better than iPad but both are within green signal errors.

Huh. Trying to wrap my head around how this could happen, the phone should just be recording errors that the RC reports -- the phone's radio is only used for mapping data unless you fly in wifi mode.

Unless the phone itself is what's causing the interference? Is your Android device one of the approved models?
2017-3-14
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I fly my Mavic and Phantom 4 for a year with my android tablet and phone without a single problem. Make sure you have a good usb cable and powerful devices.
Also, make sure antenna is NOT pointing to AC. They need to be perpendicular to the "line" between RC and AC
2017-3-14
Use props
Sidonsoft
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-14 06:04
Huh. Trying to wrap my head around how this could happen, the phone should just be recording errors that the RC reports -- the phone's radio is only used for mapping data unless you fly in wifi mode.

Unless the phone itself is what's causing the interference? Is your Android device one of the approved models?

I have tested this extensively, airplane mode, bluetooth, wifi, mobile data off etc, multiple cable change outs, multiple lengths, side usb, bottom usb, different locations.  I have gone as far as buying a new android device running Marshmellow.  None of the approved models are available for sale and if I was purchasing a device dedicated to the Mavic Pro it would be an iPad Mini 4 / pro.  I am aware of good practice, antenna orientation, it doesn't matter I have tested situations where I am within arms reach of the Mavic.  I can reproduce results reliably, android is unflyable on my Mavic.
2017-3-14
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Sidonsoft Posted at 2017-3-14 12:42
I have tested this extensively, airplane mode, bluetooth, wifi, mobile data off etc, multiple cable change outs, multiple lengths, side usb, bottom usb, different locations.  I have gone as far as buying a new android device running Marshmellow.  None of the approved models are available for sale and if I was purchasing a device dedicated to the Mavic Pro it would be an iPad Mini 4 / pro.  I am aware of good practice, antenna orientation, it doesn't matter I have tested situations where I am within arms reach of the Mavic.  I can reproduce results reliably, android is unflyable on my Mavic.

I just saw your thread bumped up and it sounds like you are having the same problem I am having.  I started another thread but would like to chime in.  Maybe a DJI expert could comment on this.  
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-14 12:56
I just saw your thread bumped up and it sounds like you are having the same problem I am having.  I started another thread but would like to chime in.  Maybe a DJI expert could comment on this.

I normally fly with my iPad Mini3 or iPhone7 but I do testing all the time on my NVIDIA Shield K and have not had any signal interference.
2017-3-14
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

Sidonsoft Posted at 2017-3-14 12:42

Sidonsoft,

Have you contacted support?  If so, what has been your experience?

Thanks
2017-3-14
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

I use an samsung s5 plus and I don't have problems...in the crowded city over the buildings with tons of wifi I have ok signal past 1 km over more clear parts of city over 2 km.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello, Thanks for all answers!!

I don't understand why this happen, i put the antennas in line with Mavic, in the controllar i have the full bars of signal.

In the other flys i dont see erros, or frezzes, but i went to see now the other flys logs and i found a very interference and bad signal. This is normal?

For exemple:

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=SENSORS
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=SENSORS
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=SENSORS (Is my third fly with mavic and the the distance is the 25 meters)

However on this fly (https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=SENSORS) I've been a long way from home and the signal is very good. I dont understand!!!

I use the old app because in my phone (BQ M5) is more stable (in my opinion), but in the last fly i use Dji Go 4 and I have the same problem.

I see the many people talk about cell phone, but the signal interference is not between th Mavic and controller? What does the cell phone have to do with signal reception?

Thanks
2017-3-15
Use props
Sidonsoft
Australia

Two new flights today, different locations.  iPhone 6 Plus, 0 signal issues.

2017-3-15
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

Sidonsoft Posted at 2017-3-15 06:31
Two new flights today, different locations.  iPhone 6 Plus, 0 signal issues.

[view_image]

Wow, that looks great.  Using my Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S7edge I have never seen zeros in these fields  They are always between 20-55 and are still green.  Very interesting.
2017-3-15
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

I am having the same issue as fans8a6b0acd except that it happens equally using a Galaxy S5 (on the list) and the Galaxy S7edge.  Since Sidonsoft is consistently getting nearly all zero signal errors using an iPhone and lots (like us) using Android, I am beginning to think that it's the DJI Go4 app on Android.  Just a theory, but it looks like the app is monitoring signals from the controller and due to coding problems can't keep up.  It may be interpreting dropped data as signal errors since the app can't keep up with the data stream.  This would also explain full bars on signal strength on the remote and all the errors popping up on the app.  This might also explain the difference between iPhone and Android.  There is probably nothing out of the ordinary happening between the Mavic and the Remote, it's just the app's misinterpretation due to communication issues between the controller and the Android phone.  Any thoughts?
2017-3-15
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-15 10:14
I am having the same issue as fans8a6b0acd except that it happens equally using a Galaxy S5 (on the list) and the Galaxy S7edge.  Since Sidonsoft is consistently getting nearly all zero signal errors using an iPhone and lots (like us) using Android, I am beginning to think that it's the DJI Go4 app on Android.  Just a theory, but it looks like the app is monitoring signals from the controller and due to coding problems can't keep up.  It may be interpreting dropped data as signal errors since the app can't keep up with the data stream.  This would also explain full bars on signal strength on the remote and all the errors popping up on the app.  This might also explain the difference between iPhone and Android.  There is probably nothing out of the ordinary happening between the Mavic and the Remote, it's just the app's misinterpretation due to communication issues between the controller and the Android phone.  Any thoughts?

Hello,

Your teory is interesting, i never thing about that but make sense!! I contact the Dji service center and they  told me that it was a cell phone problem, to use a compatible/recomended cell phone.

Tomorrow I will test my Mavic with mt phone (one more time) and use a Samsung S6 in the same place, and i will post the logs ;)

Thanks
2017-3-15
Use props
Sidonsoft
Australia

Today, replaced my android 6.0 device with iPhone 7+.  I will test and post my findings.
2017-3-15
Use props
Sidonsoft
Australia

DJI GO 4 & Mavic Pro on iPhone 7 Plus is amazing.

Videofeed feels real time, ui and flight modes, auto editing video cache all working perfect and buttery smooth.  Real treat to fly, this is what I paid to do on the Mavic 10 out of 10, thanks
2017-3-16
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

This is not a knock at Android but as a developer I can understand why this might be a problem. With the iPhone you know what you're coding for (hardware specs, limitations, OS used)... but, when developing for Android its more of a best case guess / range. The mix/match of hardware specs, limitations and OS varies tremendously.
2017-3-16
Use props
airRN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-15 10:14

I have a G7 Edge and I get a disrupted, fragmented video feed when I livestream. Thought it might be because I'm shooting in 4K but I'm wondering if it's an Andriod thing....disappointing to say the least!
2017-3-16
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 13:01
I normally fly with my iPad Mini3 or iPhone7 but I do testing all the time on my NVIDIA Shield K and have not had any signal interference.

DJI-Ken

What version of android are you using ? and is your NVidia K1 shield the 32GB LTE version ????
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-16 04:26
DJI-Ken

What version of android are you using ? and is your NVidia K1 shield the 32GB LTE version ????

It's on Android 6.0.1 and it's WiFi version.
2017-3-16
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello, todas i teste my mavic with my phone BQ M5 and Samsung S6... So, oh meu phone i have manyyyyy interferência signal... On S6 i have none inteference signal.... In the same area!!! More later i will post the logs!
2017-3-16
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

So, this is my experience...  BQ M5 vs Samsung S6

BQ M5

Samsung S6

2017-3-16
Use props
Jean-Charles
New

United States

Hi,
this is unrelated to this post but how do you (OP) post your flight logs to that website?
2017-3-16
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

fans8a6b0acd Posted at 2017-3-16 17:15
So, this is my experience...  BQ M5 vs Samsung S6

I have exactly the same experience as your BQ M5 with my Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S7.  No solution yet.
2017-3-16
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-16 18:26
I have exactly the same experience as your BQ M5 with my Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S7.  No solution yet.

But your S5 is one of the recommended devices right? You have problem in both?
2017-3-17
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

fans8a6b0acd Posted at 2017-3-17 16:11
But your S5 is one of the recommended devices right? You have problem in both?

You are correct it is on the list.  I have both.  I started out with the  S7 and it was fine for about 6 days, then it started crashing all the time.  Then I moved to the S5 and it was pretty good (but slow) for about a day and it started locking up, slowing down and losing signal at the worst possible times.
2017-3-17
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-17 17:49
You are correct it is on the list.  I have both.  I started out with the  S7 and it was fine for about 6 days, then it started crashing all the time.  Then I moved to the S5 and it was pretty good (but slow) for about a day and it started locking up, slowing down and losing signal at the worst possible times.

And you already contacted the dji suport? What they told ?
2017-3-18
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

fans8a6b0acd Posted at 2017-3-18 15:38
And you already contacted the dji suport? What they told ?

You are correct,  they told me to:

1:  Calibrate IMU before every flight
2.  Calibrate compass before every flight
3.  Re-link the RC before every flight
4.  Get an iPhone

I opened a case on Tuesday and have heard nothing but crickets.
2017-3-18
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-18 15:52
You are correct,  they told me to:

1:  Calibrate IMU before every flight

Thanks! This is bad, we takes a lot of time to takeoff Mavic

You buy a new device ou use yours?
2017-3-21
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

fans8a6b0acd Posted at 2017-3-21 16:32
Thanks! This is bad, we takes a lot of time to takeoff Mavic

You buy a new device ou use yours?

I have escalated my case through DJI support.  They have a new policy for this in cases where answers to issues like these are not being addressed.  The complaint manager contacted me and promised an answer to this issue within 48 hours.  We'll see.  I was getting nowhere through regular support channels.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans8a6b0acd
lvl.1
Portugal

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-21 18:26
I have escalated my case through DJI support.  They have a new policy for this in cases where answers to issues like these are not being addressed.  The complaint manager contacted me and promised an answer to this issue within 48 hours.  We'll see.  I was getting nowhere through regular support channels.

Ok, thanks! When he contact you, is possible to send me a PM ou post on this group with the answer?
2017-3-22
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I use a galaxy s5 without issue.....I genrally get out over 3000ft in the city before I get any signal issues.
2017-3-22
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
United States

Well, I promised an update and I wish I had better news.  It has been almost 2 weeks since I opened my case and a week since it was escalated through a customer service manager.  I was promised an answer from engineering within 24-48 hours which have obviously come and gone.  I have contacted support several times since and have been promised call backs and answers from engineering and I haven't heard a peep.  I don't have words to explain my disappointment.  I'm at my wits end.  If the moderators can help, I would appreciate it.  My case # is CAS-510421-Y1T2F6.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules