Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App 4 on Android Nougat
12Next >
14569 74 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Hey guys,

I have been flying my Mavic for the last three weeks using my Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 on Android 6.0.1. I haven't had any issues connecting to Mavic or any disconnects whatsoever, everything is perfect.

My service provider is now pushing Android Nougat on my phone from what I read on forums is that DJI GO App 4 is pretty unstable on the new Android Nougat. My question is whether is anyone running Androi Nougat and has experienced any issues using DJI Go App 4

Should I wait a bit longer to upgrade?

2017-3-13
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

I would.   I am on the latest android and had to stop using it because it was crashing so much.  
2017-3-13
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

mewchi Posted at 2017-3-13 17:41
I would.   I am on the latest android and had to stop using it because it was crashing so much.

Argh cheers I will wait then
2017-3-13
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Ya my 4app on the s7edge was working fine, no crashes whatsoever... But now that im on Nougat Ive been experiencing app crashes A TON.... It seems to happen the most when Im trying to use intelligent flight modes. Nougat has been pretty annoying overall I would put that update off for as long as possible, Ive been getting all sorts of annoying notifications that I never received before.
2017-3-13
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to downgrade back out of the Nougat update?
2017-3-13
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

Sangarone Posted at 2017-3-13 18:10

I found this video on youtube it might help:
2017-3-13
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Sangarone Posted at 2017-3-13 18:10

There is but it is intense as heck; I am hoping they will have a fix soon. The Chrystalsky is android based so they are going to have to get their code together. Unless their ultra conservative sky android version is the only Droid app they focus on; and IOS of course. That would be a drag.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-13
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

My phone just auto updated DJI GO 4 to 4.0.5 on Android not sure if that's good news or bad using Droid Turbo 2 with Nougat 7.0   

Will have to fly after work tonight and see what happens I had the app crashing issue as well
2017-3-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-14 10:53
My phone just auto updated DJI GO 4 to 4.0.5 on Android not sure if that's good news or bad using Droid Turbo 2 with Nougat 7.0   

Will have to fly after work tonight and see what happens I had the app crashing issue as well

Let us know if the new app helps.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-14
Use props
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

I been having the same issues since the Android update to 7. The app quit like 4 times in one battery. I just tried it after the new DJIGo Update today. Thought it was fixed, but then I got near the end of the battery and it quit the app again unless I bumped something. Pretty sure its not fixed but was better.
2017-3-14
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

Speed_Freak_039 Posted at 2017-3-14 15:37
I been having the same issues since the Android update to 7. The app quit like 4 times in one battery. I just tried it after the new DJIGo Update today. Thought it was fixed, but then I got near the end of the battery and it quit the app again unless I bumped something. Pretty sure its not fixed but was better.

Interesting, thank you for the update. I think I will definitely wait until it is fully resolved.
2017-3-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

Speed_Freak_039 Posted at 2017-3-14 15:37

Same with me it seems to go very well and right at the end it coming back it cut out and went black had another scary one on the next battery got a random disconnect as soon as I took off so I let the sticks go and it hovered 5 foot for 5 min controller was froze dead sticks and the app was froze.... Finally the controller reset or something and I landed haven't had a glitch since after another battery went smooth
2017-3-14
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-14 17:44
Same with me it seems to go very well and right at the end it coming back it cut out and went black had another scary one on the next battery got a random disconnect as soon as I took off so I let the sticks go and it hovered 5 foot for 5 min controller was froze dead sticks and the app was froze.... Finally the controller reset or something and I landed haven't had a glitch since after another battery went smooth

Sorry for your trouble.  Am I missing something?  Have you contacted support?  Has there been any statement from the folks at DJI as to what is going on here?  I had a long conversation with support that was fruitless except that the rep said he would open a ticket to have the logs reviewed.  About an hour later I got an email from support telling me they were sorry that my drone flew away and that they would help me find it.  I still have my drone and am having the same issues as you.  Sigh....
2017-3-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-14 18:56
Sorry for your trouble.  Am I missing something?  Have you contacted support?  Has there been any statement from the folks at DJI as to what is going on here?  I had a long conversation with support that was fruitless except that the rep said he would open a ticket to have the logs reviewed.  About an hour later I got an email from support telling me they were sorry that my drone flew away and that they would help me find it.  I still have my drone and am having the same issues as you.  Sigh....

I truly believe that it is an issue with Android 7 nougat DJI Go 4 compatibility I never had the issue before when I was running on marshmallow it ran flawlessly I believe that there are issues with the app acquiring the GPS status from the phone I believe that their issues with the power management of Android 7 shutting down DJI 4 App I have tried just about every developer option that there is every process deleted airplane mode you name it and that just makes it last about another 5 minutes longer in flight time before the app crashes. I need a backup phone I'm going to buy another phone just like I have that's on marshmallow and never update the DJI Go 4 app and not update the mavic from it's current firmware and be done with this mess....   
2017-3-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-14 18:56

Sorry I forgot to answer your question I haven't submitted a ticket based on the fact my phone isn't an approved device but it has better specifications than over 3/4 of the Android devices listed. And my numerous posts on the forum they haven't attempted to ask any questions​ I'm not a programmer but I can learn what I need to so I've been doing my own investigation on it, I'm still tinkering with my phone but today outside of the normal no background processes ,the 2d rendering, and force stopping processes and cashed ones just to make sure with the App running leaves a gig of RAM free also having to remove the GPS permissions after it opens just to go back in and re allow them so the dumb thing will lock on my location and not some place I drove by 2 hours earlier 15 miles away ..   I'm sorry if they are a Apple IOS strong company..    then why build a Phantom 4 Pro Plus an almost $1,800 consumer drone with a built in Samsung Android screen...   why not just snuggle in bed with Apple a little more and use something they can offer ? And by the way the P4 Pro Plus built in screen has flaws and crashes too on the one I've flown and it's never been connected to the internet and the drone is day one factory firmware.
2017-3-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-14 19:20
Sorry I forgot to answer your question I haven't submitted a ticket based on the fact my phone isn't an approved device but it has better specifications than over 3/4 of the Android devices listed. And my numerous posts on the forum they haven't attempted to ask any questions​ I'm not a programmer but I can learn what I need to so I've been doing my own investigation on it, I'm still tinkering with my phone but today outside of the normal no background processes ,the 2d rendering, and force stopping processes and cashed ones just to make sure with the App running leaves a gig of RAM free also having to remove the GPS permissions after it opens just to go back in and re allow them so the dumb thing will lock on my location and not some place I drove by 2 hours earlier 15 miles away ..   I'm sorry if they are a Apple IOS strong company..    then why build a Phantom 4 Pro Plus an almost $1,800 consumer drone with a built in Samsung Android screen...   why not just snuggle in bed with Apple a little more and use something they can offer ? And by the way the P4 Pro Plus built in screen has flaws and crashes too on the one I've flown and it's never been connected to the internet and the drone is day one factory firmware.

Great post Silverado 101980.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-15
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Howdy all, has anyone seen any improvement with the update that dropped yesterday (3.14) regarding android nougat and the Shield specifically?  It has been too windy outside for me to test anything.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-15
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-15 03:25
Howdy all, has anyone seen any improvement with the update that dropped yesterday (3.14) regarding android nougat and the Shield specifically?  It has been too windy outside for me to test anything.
Regards,
-d.

I am waiting on this aw well. It will probably be long before I upgrade
2017-3-15
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was planning to give it a go this weekend but I might try tonight with new DJI go 4 update and S7 Edge Nougat, and Galaxy Note 3 with previous DJI go 4.
If the Note 3 works fine, I'll update to the latest Go 4 app and try again.
2017-3-15
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So - did try DJI GO 4 with Note 3 for about 10 min and it didn't crash once.
Didn't get to test the S7 with latest Go update, but I'm starting to think it's the Nougat update that is the general issue. As far as I can remember, apart from a cable issue, the App never crashed before when the phone was not updated to Nougat.
2017-3-15
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-15 15:14
So - did try DJI GO 4 with Note 3 for about 10 min and it didn't crash once.
Didn't get to test the S7 with latest Go update, but I'm starting to think it's the Nougat update that is the general issue. As far as I can remember, apart from a cable issue, the App never crashed before when the phone was not updated to Nougat.

Yeah I broke down and ordered a different phone just like mine from eBay confirmed marshmallow.... I needed a backup anyways just gonna put DJI 4 on, download USA maps on it, remove every unnessary app and never hook it to the internet again and be done.
2017-3-15
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Hi. Just a thought...S7 is not on the approved list of decices. https://www.dji.com/mavic/info   

Just curious if it disconnects or has a loss (flys away) would this be covered under DJI Care Refresh policy?

Big brother is watching via black box data for warranty purposes during an investigation! I'm now using iPad mini 4

2017-3-15
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

New update 4.0.5 on One plus 3 with android 7, did one flight yesterday and the app crashed with 3 minutes. Everything closed down, internet off etc.  

Unbelievable, ever update seems to make the crashes worse.

As for not on the approved list, there's not many apps for android that have an approved list unless it's just for that make or device. Pathetic really by Dji not to even have the Samsung ß7 on the list.
2017-3-15
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

I have an issue with the Intelligent flight modes on my SGS7 Edge on Android Nougat.
During the using Intelligent flight modes the App very frequently freezes....and does not react on any touches....I forced to restart the app during the flight.
2017-3-15
Use props
GabrielHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

Ive been using Android Nougat for awhile now, many flights and not a single issue. Its on a nVIDIA Shield Tablet.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mavic-Li
lvl.1
Flight distance : 595105 ft
Singapore

It crashed few times before i update to nougat. It more worse now with the newest dji go 4.0.5 . It crashed more often and showed no sd card/read slow. The maps changed to google instead of here maps. It super unstable for Android 7.0. Im using axon 7 7.0 .
2017-3-16
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

I don't use the S7, but I have no problem at all on android 7.0 (Oneplus 3T)
2017-3-16
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-15 18:01
Yeah I broke down and ordered a different phone just like mine from eBay confirmed marshmallow.... I needed a backup anyways just gonna put DJI 4 on, download USA maps on it, remove every unnessary app and never hook it to the internet again and be done.

Didn't consider getting an Ipad Mini 4 instead? From what I've been reading, it seems the App is a lot more stable on IOS...

I personally hate Apple, so really don't want to give them any money for their overpriced/dumbed down devices, but just for flying the drone, I've been considering it...

I also have a Samsung Tab A 10.1 - but it's too big to fit the controller
2017-3-16
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-16 04:53
Didn't consider getting an Ipad Mini 4 instead? From what I've been reading, it seems the App is a lot more stable on IOS...

I personally hate Apple, so really don't want to give them any money for their overpriced/dumbed down devices, but just for flying the drone, I've been considering it...

I did and still might I'm working on canceling my order for the phone .. I'm not fully against it but having the mini Ipad kinda changes the portability factor for me. But not having the remote try and charge the battery that's in my phone would be a plus. The controller drops around 20 percent each flight from charging my phone. From watching you tube I've noticed Apple ppl don't have this issue
2017-3-16
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-16 06:03
I did and still might I'm working on canceling my order for the phone .. I'm not fully against it but having the mini Ipad kinda changes the portability factor for me. But not having the remote try and charge the battery that's in my phone would be a plus. The controller drops around 20 percent each flight from charging my phone. From watching you tube I've noticed Apple ppl don't have this issue

Good to know (about the Ipad not being charged from controller).

The bigger screen will be nice, but yeah, it kinda defeats the portable aspect.

I wonder if the Samsung Tab 2 is actually a better option. Nougat might still be a problem but I could just not update to Nougat...
2017-3-16
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-16 06:50
Good to know (about the Ipad not being charged from controller).

The bigger screen will be nice, but yeah, it kinda defeats the portable aspect.

I was thinking that not many of the Samsung tablets were powerful enough in terms that they were good on Ram but didn't have fast enough processors to handle the computing of the video
2017-3-16
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-16 07:11
I was thinking that not many of the Samsung tablets were powerful enough in terms that they were good on Ram but didn't have fast enough processors to handle the computing of the video

That is my understanding with the Samsung tablets, just not powerful enough.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-16
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-16 07:41
That is my understanding with the Samsung tablets, just not powerful enough.
Regards,
-d.

The S2 is super powerful - that's an Octo Core with decent speed and plenty of Ram...
2017-3-16
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

I take back what I said: I just experienced a crash of DJI Go 4 (4.0.5) on my Oneplus 3T (android 7.0)

This is unacceptable: the crash of the app could cause a crash of the drone. And DJI's drones aren't really cheap...
2017-3-16
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-3-16 10:17
I take back what I said: I just experienced a crash of DJI Go 4 (4.0.5) on my Oneplus 3T (android 7.0)

This is unacceptable: the crash of the app could cause a crash of the drone. And DJI's drones aren't really cheap...

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  It's not just you.  GO4 freezes constantly on my Galaxy S5 and S7.  I've opened a case with tech support but haven't heard anything yet.
2017-3-16
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-16 12:28
Sorry to hear you are having problems.  It's not just you.  GO4 freezes constantly on my Galaxy S5 and S7.  I've opened a case with tech support but haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for the info.

I've opened a thread (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=89210)
I hope that making noise will force them to do something
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Updated to Android Nougat constant Go4 app crashing
Downgraded back to android 6.0.1
2017-3-18
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-18 03:12
Updated to Android Nougat constant Go4 app crashing
Downgraded back to android 6.0.1

I see, cheers for the update
2017-3-23
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Surprised DJI moderators are silent on this.
2017-3-23
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

They aren't - they are actually LOTS of post about this, and they have responded in other threads... Until we have a "sticky" for Android Nougat and unsupported devices, users will create new posts or respond to old posts, and possible solutions will get lost...
2017-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules