Positive Experiences
1852 21 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Hi all....as we see everyday people seem to have something negative to say I thought i would start a new thread so we can read about some positive stories....I'll start with mine....I had to send my Phantom 4 in for repair recently for repair that was from a crash that was my fault. I sent it off and it got there in about a week. Although I will admit that I was a little worried that it took them a few days to sign in that they recieved it, I was just being over-anxious. All within about a week they diagnosed it, sent an estimate (which actually was alot cheaper than I was anticipating). I paid the bill, got an email in about 2 days that it was all fixed and then today I got an email that it is on its way back to me, due to be delivered by this friday. I was expecting to not see my phantom for at least a month, but DJI suprised me with a much quicker turnaround. So anyways that's my story with a happy ending....would love to hear the positive experiences of others, so please tell your story
2017-3-13
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

1. i hit a log with my drone. shattered 3 propellers and two motor-propeller mounts. bought new ones, installed them myself, got it back in the air. so far no problems of any kind
2. i fly over lake ontario. is safe, unpopulated, drone goes well into 1km, birds seem aware of the drone and people are friendly watching from afar. is like yoga, a calming experience.
3. i had two posts on this forum which i consider a personal achievement:
  * message 48 on this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... typeid%3D368&page=2
  * message 4 on this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368

2017-3-13
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-13 20:56
1. i hit a log with my drone. shattered 3 propellers and two motor-propeller mounts. bought new ones, installed them myself, got it back in the air. so far no problems of any kind2. i fly over lake ontario. is safe, unpopulated, drone goes well into 1km, birds seem aware of the drone and people are friendly watching from afar. is like yoga, a calming experience.
3. i had two posts on this forum which i consider a persona achievement:

I agree with you about the yoga...definitely a good way to take off some stress and have fun.
2017-3-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's likely a pointless endeavor. Like you, I thought I had a great idea.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=85515

&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

Not sure what that other crap is at the end of the page addy. Likely some tracking for the boys upstairs. Haha what ever...

Anyway, I made the honest effort, to share positive posts, but it was a waste of my time and good intended effort.

Sadly, The forum is mostly populated, with unhappy DJI customers that have very little good to say.

This is obvious by the lack of support for a positive forum section, or the unsupportive nature of the forum.

If you have nothing good to say, post it... Chuckles

Personally, I have no complaints, and have voiced this, to mostly deaf ears.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-13
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-13 21:12
It's likely a pointless endeavor. Like you, I thought I had a great idea.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=85515

I think a section with positive comments is a very good idea.
2017-3-13
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-3-13 21:17

of course it is. usually trolls and whiners are unable to follow instruction or even answer a question, i wish but i dont expect your thread to be immune to such posts.
and the forum is not populated with unhappy customers of DJI. is populated with customers unhappy at how DJI treats trolls and whiners.
2017-3-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, that makes three of us. ;-)
Bright minds think alike.

Eh, I tried. But failed miserably. So I let it go, and felt, just forget about it.

Why bother.
So I went a different route:
Smiles are free, give them often.

That's something interesting about the Internet, just when you think you have a great unique idea, do a web search on Yahoo.
There are already a thousand pages with the same thing...

We are not alone.  ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are pleased that everything goes smoothly, thanks for your feedback, enjoy your flight!
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-14 04:09
We are pleased that everything goes smoothly, thanks for your feedback, enjoy your flight!

Thanks for such an easy device to fly. I have the P3S since end of January.  Logged around 16 hours flying now and really enjoy the views from way up yonder to get footage that otherwise cannot be taken.

The members on this forum are also great to deal with even when they do disagree with my views hahahaha.

Thankfully here there are no drone police trying to tell me how high I cannot fly.  
2017-3-14
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-14 04:15
Thanks for such an easy device to fly. I have the P3S since end of January.  Logged around 16 hours flying now and really enjoy the views from way up yonder to get footage that otherwise cannot be taken.

The members on this forum are also great to deal with even when they do disagree with my views hahahaha.

please be aware that the thread is not about giving thanks, but about sharing positive experiences. if you need a model please check the thread OP or the post #2.

also you are in the wrong forum, this is related to P4 and you are talking about P3S.

i do not understand "great to deal with". i remember once you posted a decapitated head which had to be removed for obvious reasons, and more recently you used in various posts arguments as constructive as hogwash, nonsense, idiotic and many more that no thread is meant for.

Please be aware no member of this forum comes here to "be dealt with". if "dealing" with contributors on this forum in manners like this is your great positive, then something is fundamentally wrong.
2017-3-14
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-14 04:09

i have no other option than trust your fairness with your good looks.

in my opinion this is an off-topic on an issue so urgent in this forum that your involvement can not be detrimental. I wish I never had to appeal anyone's help in such a fundamental matter as the right to be treated with dignity. thank you!

ATTENTION READERS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DJI EDITED THE MESSAGE AS TO MAKE IT LOOK DETRIMENTAL TO ME. WHAT YOU SEE ABOVE IS ONLY AN EXCERPT TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. DJI, THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM!

IN THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE I ASKED THE MODERATOR TO CHECK ON THIS THREAD: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76152-1-1.html
AND THIS THREAD: http://forum.dji.com/thread-88283-1-1.html
IN ORDER TO HELP TONE DOWN THE INSULTS AND REPSECT THE DIGNITY OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-14 09:24
i have no other option than trust your fairness with your good looks.

in my opinion this is an off-topic on an issue so urgent in this forum that your involvement can not be detrimental. I wish I never had to appeal anyone's help in such a fundamental matter as the right to be treated with dignity. thank you!

Everyone needs to keep on thread topics, if you want to bicker back and forth, do it in PM's like the other thread already stated.
2017-3-14
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 09:31
Everyone needs to keep on thread topics, if you want to bicker back and forth, do it in PM's like the other thread already stated.

DJI-Ken:

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-14
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-14 09:43
i have a problem with your language because what i do is not bickering. if you have a different understanding i invite you to ask for details and clarifications so anyone could see exactly whos bickering and more importantly, to what avail.

you managed to put your word against mine and this is detrimental to me.

WindSoul:

Keeeep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-14
Use props
DronePanora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 599685 ft
United States

DJI are definitely responsive.  
2017-3-14
Use props
Bonez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696788 ft
United States

I have no crashes or needed repairs but I love my Phantom 4. I Started flying RC airplanes many decades ago when everything came in kit. I was surprised that the Phantom 4 was so easy to fly and that it came with a very nice camera. I only have about 8 hours or so on the P4 but it's my new favorite fying machine. Thanks DJI for making it so easy to fly.
2017-3-14
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

this forum is great our drone almost lost but landed on camper
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

KatsDrone Posted at 2017-3-14 12:28
this forum is great our drone almost lost but landed on camper

The drone never got lost.  Only the pilot knew not where it was.
2017-3-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Positive threads are good for the soul, so I'm adding to it too  ;-)

I've Never had an issue with my P4 (well, not until I installed the Beta in January anyway, but that's understood), and I've been very happy with it since purchase August last year. I originally received the craft with a DOA battery, but the distributor arranged a replacement (new) P4 with DJI and that arrived quite fast - very happy. I do occasionally experience the gimbal horizon levelling issue, but I appear to have a local solution for that. I'm very keen to see the next firmware released - which I hope is very soon so I can move off the beta version.

So my experience with the P4 encouraged me to also buy a P4P. Very happy also with it (especially after the latest firmware update giving AFC and horizon is so far keeping level).
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

I believe there are many of us now posting their positive experiences.

I'm having a great time of flying my drone around seeing the sights I would otherwise not see. Taking some pictures and video's to share around.  I get good tips from other members on how to improve my pictures and composition.  

I miss AlexW and his posts. After all we both own redneck trucks and live in areas populated by mountains. He's gone a wee bit quiet recently.  I have found lots of useful information on this forum and have seen wonderful video's posted by other members. Amazing parts of the world.

2017-3-14
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-14 20:26
I believe there are many of us now posting their positive experiences.

I'm having a great time of flying my drone around seeing the sights I would otherwise not see. Taking some pictures and video's to share around.  I get good tips from other members on how to improve my pictures and composition.  

This forum is definitely a good source for info
2017-3-14
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

My P4 has been great.  I think it is an amazing machine.  I've built several multi's over the years, including some with GPS, but none even come close to the stability and position hold exhibited by the P4.  And then there's the excellent camera and 3-axis gimbal................
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules