654 5 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc2e0ae41
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

This kit is pretty cool, and comes with a nice case that will protect your filters. They can even stay on during gimbal calibration

2017-3-14
Use props
fansc2e0ae41
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Anyone have experience with other types of ND filters?
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansc2e0ae41 Posted at 2017-3-15 01:20
Anyone have experience with other types of ND filters?

The DJI filters are very easy to apply but slightly harder to remove, and I've seen several people who wound up with one cracked soon after they began using them. They're very light but the rim is made of a soft, flexible plastic, so I guess I can see where there might wind up being a bit of pressure on the lens, especially during removal.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

more importantly, the DJI version doesn't come with a ND32.  ND16 is highest.  And when I use the ND16 on a bright sunny day? I'm not able to get a shutter speed of 60. (60 is ideal setting when your FPS is set to 30).  the set really needs to include a ND32
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-15 09:03
more importantly, the DJI version doesn't come with a ND32.  ND16 is highest.  And when I use the ND16 on a bright sunny day? I'm not able to get a shutter speed of 60. (60 is ideal setting when your FPS is set to 30).  the set really needs to include a ND32

You're right, and though I didn't mention it I wound up reverting back to using my Tacos for that reason -- and because now I'm concerned about cracking the DJI filters. As I recall, we got them around the same time; are yours still holding up or do you not use them at all?
2017-3-15
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Mine are still holding up, and Im pretty much using them for every flight. (Based on the many youtube videos and articles I've read? Seems like using a filter of some sort is almost mandatory in photography if you are trying to get REALLY good quality pics/videos).   Granted I'm EXTREMELY careful when Im installing/removing them to the point where it's kinda of annoying to have to be so gentle.

But  So far I've been only flying in bright daylight (sometimes with a few scattered clouds) so based on that, from all I've read, ND16 minimum is a "must".  I flew this past weekend over a quarry (bright sand/bright stone under a full sunny sky) and even with the ND16 and everything else set to auto, I was not able to get down to a consistent 60 shutter speed. It fluctuated from 100 to 200.  I plan to try again this weekend with the white balance set to "sunny" and see if that helps. But from all i've read, I need a ND32 in my arsenal.  And having a ND64 wouldnt be out of the question once the sun gets to full blast in a few weeks/couple months. Especially a clear day over a white sand beach

2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules