Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prores/CinemaDNG Licenses in the event of crash/loss/theft
720 3 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4037673c
lvl.1
United States

[size=14.6667px]I'm in the process of insurance shopping at the moment, and had a question: how are the Prores/CinemaDNG licenses handled in the event of a crash that destroys the I2 body or if the I2 body is lost, stolen or irretrievable (falls into a lake?). Can you transfer your license to a new replacement body, or do you need to purchase them anew? (in which case I'll add their cost to the insurance coverage).
2017-3-14
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

I responded to your post in the other forum.   Basically DJI's response to this was "Yes" you can have your license transfered to a new drone after a crash ONLY if you had DJI Care and turn over the crashed unit.  Since the License is attached to the Serial Number, the license really isn't "Transfered" A new license is applied to the new drone, and the old drone keeps the old license, which is why they want the hull back.
2017-3-14
Use props
Emilcaruso
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62205 ft
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-3-14 11:38
I responded to your post in the other forum.   Basically DJI's response to this was "Yes" you can have your license transfered to a new drone after a crash ONLY if you had DJI Care and turn over the crashed unit.  Since the License is attached to the Serial Number, the license really isn't "Transfered" A new license is applied to the new drone, and the old drone keeps the old license, which is why they want the hull back.

and in my case, I just needed a minor repair, I sent it to DJI for repairs, they did not repair my Inspire, they replaced with one of their own. the net result, I lost my key. I am fighting this, but getting no where.
2017-3-15
Use props
thatoneguy16
lvl.1
United States

Having the same issue. I have chatted with support 3 times, emailed like they asked 3 times. And have not received any response. Getting your license back after a repair should not be this hard.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules