Mavic Pro repair timeline
2562 32 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans56887d1d
lvl.1
United States

I sent my Mavic in for repairs on the March 2, 2017. It arrived at Carson for repairs on March 9, 2017. I checked repeatedly ever since the Mavic arrived but no updates. What should I do?

2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should be sent back to you this week.
2017-3-14
Use props
h17wright 2
lvl.1
United States

They are not showing that they have received it on the progress report.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans58510590
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218356 ft
United States

My mavic has been for repairs since 2/20/17. On 3/2/17 it was tested and quoted for repai. I paid and ever since its been in limbo....Help
CAS-462185-L2C5B4
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

h17wright 2 Posted at 2017-3-14 13:50
They are not showing that they have received it on the progress report.

Could you happen to supply your case number?
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans58510590 Posted at 2017-3-14 19:25
My mavic has been for repairs since 2/20/17. On 3/2/17 it was tested and quoted for repai. I paid and ever since its been in limbo....Help
CAS-462185-L2C5B4

Based on what's provided, you should receive further updates shortly.
2017-3-14
Use props
h17wright 2
lvl.1
United States

CAS-483139-K1B8D9
2017-3-14
Use props
FirstFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329961 ft
United States

Only since March 2nd?  HAHA!  Do I have news for you!  
I sent mine in on February 14th.  Signed for in California on the 21st.  Sat in DJI's warehouse for a week and finally officially "received" in their system on the 27th.  Damage assessed and paid for in 3 days, and "under repair" since March 1st.  Which is interesting since it's a refresh replacement and not repair.....  Good luck!  We both need it!
2017-3-17
Use props
Et-arts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41181 ft
United States

FirstFly Posted at 2017-3-17 04:17
Only since March 2nd?  HAHA!  Do I have news for you!  
I sent mine in on February 14th.  Signed for in California on the 21st.  Sat in DJI's warehouse for a week and finally officially "received" in their system on the 27th.  Damage assessed and paid for in 3 days, and "under repair" since March 1st.  Which is interesting since it's a refresh replacement and not repair.....  Good luck!  We both need it!

Ditto! I'm in the same boat as you and on the same timeline FirstFly. I've been waiting more than a month. The refresh service contract is a fraud. We are supposed to have priority, but apparently not over new buyers that get theirs within days. How many others are waiting with us? Must be in the hundreds. Shameful DJI! You are making huge profits. Spend money for real customer service and not just operators reading bogus scripts off of monitors. Your reputation is on the line.
2017-3-17
Use props
InThisLifeOrThe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4856 ft
United States

I sent mine in and they received it February 25th... I am still waiting and have contacted the repair center in Cali around 6-8 times now. I finally talked to a manager who spoke English and was from America. Just adding in that last bit because we all know how difficult it is to get our point across to someone who doesn't understand us 100% and hear the anger in our voices. So he told me they are waiting on a shipment from Shenzhen. I talked to the manager on the 8th or maybe it was the 10th of March. The first time I used DJI Care Refresh the turn around time was 18 Days... I am going on a month here shortly this time. I will not be getting DJI Care Refresh when I switch to the P4P in a couple weeks when I get my Mavic back to sell it.
2017-3-17
Use props
h17wright 2
lvl.1
United States

Update since last time I posted I've made the payment and waiting the repair. In the status report right now it's being repaired. But the DJI rep from above stated " i should be getting back sometime this week." That was in the middle of last week and no mavic. I use this drone for fire investigation and numerous other things for my job. I spent $1400 out of my own pocket for this equipment and now waiting at the mercy of DJI. This is a load of crap.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

h17wright 2 Posted at 2017-3-23 22:23
Update since last time I posted I've made the payment and waiting the repair. In the status report right now it's being repaired. But the DJI rep from above stated " i should be getting back sometime this week." That was in the middle of last week and no mavic. I use this drone for fire investigation and numerous other things for my job. I spent $1400 out of my own pocket for this equipment and now waiting at the mercy of DJI. This is a load of crap.

We've forwarded your concern to the repair team and asked them to take care of it as soon as possible.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Et-arts Posted at 2017-3-17 12:13
Ditto! I'm in the same boat as you and on the same timeline FirstFly. I've been waiting more than a month. The refresh service contract is a fraud. We are supposed to have priority, but apparently not over new buyers that get theirs within days. How many others are waiting with us? Must be in the hundreds. Shameful DJI! You are making huge profits. Spend money for real customer service and not just operators reading bogus scripts off of monitors. Your reputation is on the line.

We deeply sorry for the trouble caused,appreciate your feedback which motivates us to keep improving.
Your unit has been delivered to you, please enjoy it.
2017-3-23
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 23:30
We deeply sorry for the trouble caused,appreciate your feedback which motivates us to keep improving.
Your unit has been delivered to you, please enjoy it.

Mine too. Sent it to the repair agent in Melbourne over two weeks ago and no word. No quote, nothing. Very poor service and support.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Happystar 8 Posted at 2017-3-30 03:32
Mine too. Sent it to the repair agent in Melbourne over two weeks ago and no word. No quote, nothing. Very poor service and support.

May I have your case umber so I can escalate it for you?
Sorry for the delay in repair process.
2017-3-30
Use props
Scottclimbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37782 ft
United States

Does the DJI repair facility in Carson Ca. actually repair there or just send out new drone? Reading the "mavicpro pilots" forum there is a consensus that if you send in a damaged drone then they send you a new one with new serial number. Refurbs? New?
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Scottclimbs Posted at 2017-3-30 07:57
Does the DJI repair facility in Carson Ca. actually repair there or just send out new drone? Reading the "mavicpro pilots" forum there is a consensus that if you send in a damaged drone then they send you a new one with new serial number. Refurbs? New?

DJI reserves the right to  replace the damaged product with different but well-functioning unit, for more information, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
RR.png
2017-3-30
Use props
Scottclimbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37782 ft
United States

WOW so basically I have sent in a unit with VERY low hours and it could then be replaced with a unit that has many more operating time than the one I sent in. The motor life is now reduced due to the unit being similar in function and appearance.  I barely used my Mavic and if I am reading this correctly DJI can replace it with a similar unit which is at their discretion? How do I know how many flight hours are on the refurbished unit etc... I could be getting a replacement that has many many more hours on it.  
2017-3-31
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-30 03:43
May I have your case umber so I can escalate it for you?
Sorry for the delay in repair process.

djiRMA170306692
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry, it should be cas-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.
Please double check it and provide me the correct numbers, thanks.
2017-4-17
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 02:04

This is alol I have, please see attachment
2017-4-17
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 02:04

Hi Natalia,

I just got this response.  I cant even tell if you have my drone...it is not showing up in the support portal of the app either under my phone number or the RMA number.

Hi Dean,

Sorry we cannot provide the CAS number as it is confidential between DJI and us.

We will help you to push DJI to fasten the repair progress.

Any further update we will let you know.

Thanks

Best Regards,

LI

49 Vinter Ave, Croydon, VIC 3136  www.eehobbies.com.au

Sales & general enquiry: T: 03 9723 6699 or email: info@eehobbies.com.au

Technical Support:          T: 03 9723 8899 or email: support@eehobbies.com.au

2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Happystar 8 Posted at 2017-4-17 17:06
Hi Natalia,

I just got this response.  I cant even tell if you have my drone...it is not showing up in the support portal of the app either under my phone number or the RMA number.

OK, I see, your dealer helped you create the repair case.
They said they would contact us to speed up the repair process, please do not worry about it, appreciate your patience.
2017-4-17
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 22:29
They said they would contact us to speed up the repair process, please do not worry about it, appreciate your patience.

Again, appreciate an eta.

If you guys don't want to do repair jobs, you should opt out.

Bad form for your consumers....
2017-4-18
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

Happystar 8 Posted at 2017-3-30 03:32

They never reply...only with empty excuses .....they take your money, then no communications!!!!
2017-4-18
Use props
fans4605d02b
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 13:29
It should be sent back to you this week.

Ha it's funny DJI says you will have it this week. I have been waiting over a month and DJI said the same thing to me 3 weeks ago.
2017-4-18
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

Happystar 8 Posted at 2017-4-18 03:49
Again, appreciate an eta.

If you guys don't want to do repair jobs, you should opt out.

Any ETA? I need some sort of date please.
2017-4-18
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 22:29

Any ETA please? I need to know how much longer?
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Happystar 8 Posted at 2017-4-18 19:28
Any ETA please? I need to know how much longer?

I have created a task to the designated department, and asked them to look into your case soon then get back to you.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4605d02b Posted at 2017-4-18 18:50
Ha it's funny DJI says you will have it this week. I have been waiting over a month and DJI said the same thing to me 3 weeks ago.

What is your case# and I will look into it.
2017-4-19
Use props
Happystar 8
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-18 23:18
I have created a task to the designated department, and asked them to look into your case soon then get back to you.

Still no response. What are you guys doing? Ive paid my money, there is zero communication and you havent provided me with any ETA....seriously guys, get it together....
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Happystar 8 Posted at 2017-4-20 19:01
Still no response. What are you guys doing? Ive paid my money, there is zero communication and you havent provided me with any ETA....seriously guys, get it together....

I just got an update from them, the unit has been shipped out already yesterday, sincerely sorry for the delay in the whole process.
Hope you would receive it soon and get it back to fly. Appreciate your patience again.
2017-4-20
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

I just crashed my Mavic Pro. The gimbal snapped out of the harness and the arm popped out of the body.

My question to the members of this forum is:

Should I send it into DJI to get it repaired? It's pretty obvious that the repair process and customer service is less than desirable.

Or should drop it off local repair service that 10 mins away from my apt?   https://www.brooklyndrones.nyc/repair-services/

2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules