Question about use of OLD firmware
815 7 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

I'm still on firmware  v01.03.0200 and it works like a charm, also the previous ones (even better) really do not want to upgrade unless DJI manages to come up with a firmware version that does not screw up things.

The question: Will the system EVER try to upgrade in mid-air to a newer version causing the necessary trouble (like inspire)?

As I do not rely on DJI warranty anyway, voiding it because not "upgrading" is not an issue for me.

2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Will the system EVER try to upgrade in mid-air to a newer version causing the necessary trouble (like inspire)?

Well, "ever" / "never" is a long time and I doubt even the DJI employees could make a definitive statement about that, but I've yet to hear of anyone saying this happened to their Mavic. And I would guess that your currently installed firmware is what determines whether upgrading is optional, so as long as you aren't an early adopter you'll probably know in advance of any forced (or spontaneous) upgrades.
2017-3-15
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Belgium

The thing is that mavic programming has been monkey business all along. With every upgrade they make a list of (intended) changes and along come the gremlins. I just want to keep a version that works and not worry when, after upgrading something goes bad. I do not want to rely on the standard reply from DJI: Are you on latest firmware? (yes, that actually caused this!), please sync your files, calibrate IMU, calibrate compass....
2017-3-15
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

MacIak Posted at 2017-3-15 05:07
The thing is that mavic programming has been monkey business all along. With every upgrade they make a list of (intended) changes and along come the gremlins. I just want to keep a version that works and not worry when, after upgrading something goes bad. I do not want to rely on the standard reply from DJI: Are you on latest firmware? (yes, that actually caused this!), please sync your files, calibrate IMU, calibrate compass....

I with the old school of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I have a P3S that I have never upgraded the FW on. My Mavic is also on the FW that it came with. I have been told by DJI, not upgrading your FW will not void your warrantee.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansad077c11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133455 ft
France

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-3-15 09:53
I with the old school of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I have a P3S that I have never upgraded the FW on. My Mavic is also on the FW that it came with. I have been told by DJI, not upgrading your FW will not void your warrantee.

Same for me

I do fly with the .300 and everything looks fine.

When grounded, for example if i use simulator, If I have wifi "on" on the (android) phone the system will require update, will pop up a "sys warning check app" message.
When flying, I always cut off wifi, datas, and put in on plane mode before take off. No problem.
2017-3-15
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

fansad077c11 Posted at 2017-3-15 11:57
Same for me

I do fly with the .300 and everything looks fine.

I do the same thing. Cache maps and fly completely offline (except gps) as per checklist. Although i do use a checklist, once i forgot to pull out the gimbal clamp when i wanted to play with some settings the evening before flight. That caused the "what if i forget to go offline during flight" paranoia..
2017-3-15
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=429792
2017-3-15
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Belgium

And when it comes down to upgrading the GO4 app but not upgrading Mavic firmware?
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules