Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 - Gimbal Noise During Calibration
1982 4 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Gimbal Noise on latest fw.

After updating my gimbal makes a loud grinding noise when calibrating (both on 12 & 45 mm). After calibration the noise stop.

Does anybody else get this - or know how to fix it?

https://vimeo.com/208480719
[media=x,970,580][/media]

2017-3-15
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Normal....................at least twice, DJI has posted on this forum that it's a normal part of the enhanced cal process.
2017-3-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Just wondering if the lens you have on it is on the approved list .  It is not a matter of the lens just working it needs to be in a certain weight and balance category as well.

So the lens you have may work ( if not approved )  but it may wear the gimbal motors out prematurely.
Also I dont own the Inspire 2 and If Raven says  ( If he owns the I2 ) it is normal than indeed it may  be .  Sounds a little funny to me. ( funny strange not funny Ha Ha )
Also did you do the IMU and then a Camera Gimbal Calibrtion Immediatly after the update ?  If not be sure to do so .

donnie

2017-3-15
Use props
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-15 07:28
Just wondering if the lens you have on it is on the approved list .  It is not a matter of the lens just working it needs to be in a certain weight and balance category as well.

So the lens you have may work ( if not approved )  but it may wear the gimbal motors out prematurely.

The grinding noise is not related to the lens - which is approved. The noise only came after the last fw update, and it's there with the DJI 15mm, Oly 12 and 45mm.
2017-3-16
Use props
Gabriel78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606585 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I had the same problem with my X5S. At the end of calibration grinding noise then stop but if you move aircraft it makes the same sound during stabilization.
Just sent drone and zenmuse to repair center for this problem also.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules