Shoot raw timelapse Osmo+
1651 5 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holgs
lvl.1

Germany

Struggling to find out if there's any way of shooting raw image sequences on the Osmo+ instead of jpg+video. Basically I want to be able to do the editing in post, not leave it up to the camera. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Is there any way of achieving this?
2017-3-15
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

It might work with "interval" instead of time-lapse but I can't see any way to change interval from either choice of 10s or 30s..... which might make it unusable!
2017-3-15
Use props
djiuser_6Aga7Eg
New

United States

I noticed that too and it makes no sense. The only rational reason I can come up with is that shooting RAW may take more time to save and commit to the Micro SD. But even then, they could put a protocol in place to limit interval time to 3-5 seconds, or however long it takes to process a RAW image file. I love the Osmo but there's a lot of weird software-based limitations that seem random and unnecessary.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_6Aga7Eg Posted at 2017-10-3 15:41
I noticed that too and it makes no sense. The only rational reason I can come up with is that shooting RAW may take more time to save and commit to the Micro SD. But even then, they could put a protocol in place to limit interval time to 3-5 seconds, or however long it takes to process a RAW image file. I love the Osmo but there's a lot of weird software-based limitations that seem random and unnecessary.

We are sorry for the late response because of Chinese National Holiday.
You are right about why Osmo cannot shoot RAW Time-lapse, it takes more time and the the hardware is limited.
You can select interval shooting with RAW format and then edit to Time-lapse with third party program if you have this need.
We are working on improving our products to make it more functional, appreciate your understanding.
2017-10-10
Use props
fans01cfb057
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211184 ft
United Kingdom

I have just posted about how I am disappointed that the Osmo+ doesn't do 4k time-lapse.

So i thought I would try and do it manually with the individual files. Now I find out that it doesn't do time-lapse in RAW!

I have only had the Osmo+ two days and I'm already fed-up will it. This isn't how I should feel when spending over £1200 of equipment from DJI.

Really Annoyed.
2017-10-25
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

fans01cfb057 Posted at 2017-10-25 02:29
I have just posted about how I am disappointed that the Osmo+ doesn't do 4k time-lapse.

So i thought I would try and do it manually with the individual files. Now I find out that it doesn't do time-lapse in RAW!

Did you not do your research before purchasing?
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules