781 11 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am curious if anyone knows if the California location of DJI that sends out replacement mavics has brand new fly more combos or just refurbished or repaired ones?

Thanks.
2017-3-15
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

anyone know this?
2017-3-16
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Like amazon, just a distribution center (I'm guessing). Come to think of it, if they ship out of there, consumer has to pay taxes. I don't see why you would get a refurb other than your own.

I like getting mine from China, know it's been touched by tran and cheng and not ralph and robert.
2017-3-16
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-16 10:11
Like amazon, just a distribution center (I'm guessing). Come to think of it, if they ship out of there, consumer has to pay taxes. I don't see why you would get a refurb other than your own.

I like getting mine from China, know it's been touched by tran and cheng and not ralph and robert.

i was suppose to be getting a brand new fly more bundle from china.
however they sent me  what seems to be a mismatched frankenstien unit from Carson and no fly more parts (that i paid for).

and they were suppose to contact me back today to get it resolved.
it's quite frustrating really.
2017-3-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Oh, the colors off or something like that? It maybe they have a supply shortage.
2017-3-17
Use props
dbsanders
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450338 ft
United States

My Fly More Combo shipped from Torrance, CA about 3 weeks ago. Only took 2 days to get to me because I'm about 30 miles from there.
2017-3-17
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Heck if I know.. I'm still waiting for my DJI Mavic Pro order which I ordered March 2nd that supposedly shipped from Carson, CA March 3rd and I'm still waiting. Have an open case with DJI so hopefully I get it in time to answer your post before someone else solves your question. I live in northern california and today's date is March 18th sooooo you better brace yourself if you decide to order from DJI online store. I recommend buying from your local store or from amazon.
2017-3-18
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-18 02:26
Heck if I know.. I'm still waiting for my DJI Mavic Pro order which I ordered March 2nd that supposedly shipped from Carson, CA March 3rd and I'm still waiting. Have an open case with DJI so hopefully I get it in time to answer your post before someone else solves your question.  I live in northern california and today's date is March 18th sooooo you better brace yourself if you decide to order from DJI online store. I recommend buying from your local store or from amazon.

when i ordered originally i got it on jan 20th
jan 21st i noticed my gimbal issue.

i've been dealing with getting a exchange since then.
from what i have seen the dji store has a decent turn around right now. however i would rather grab one from best buy just to make a return easier if need be.
2017-3-18
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-17 22:27
Oh, the colors off or something like that? It maybe they have a supply shortage.

the colors are off from the battery to the mavic body.
that and the controller came with old firmware .200 and the mavic came loaded with .300

when i received my original; from dji back on jan 20th it came loaded with .300 (it was not even available in the dji assistant app yet for upgrade.)

that and the joystick (right side) makes a popping sound like the spring is under tension or ready to pop.

not to mention i ordered a fly more combo, and they did not send me the fly more combo. just a mavic alone. so they have taken hundreds of dollars of mine without returning the product. ( i still think it was ridiculous they had me send in all the fly more boxes.( specially since they did not send them back)

the whole process has become a pain in my ass to say the least.
i was told to send it all back to carson. as soon they received it they would send out an entire fly more combo from china to me.

i hate being reassured and told one thing to end up with a mess.
2017-3-18
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-18 09:01
the colors are off from the battery to the mavic body.
that and the controller came with old firmware .200 and the mavic came loaded with .300

That sucks. One of the batteries I have is darker than the mavic too. I ordered it later from a reseller.

Hmm, that's strange they'd partial the order. Maybe Ken or Mindy could look into it. I would have just sent back the mavic for exchange, no battery. I remember that video you posted awhile back and that was definitely not holding the horizon. I thought might be because of a bad IMU calibration or firmware issue but I'm sure you tried everything.

Mine doesn't keep horizon either during a full flight but it's not like the video you had up.
2017-3-18
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-18 12:39
That sucks. One of the batteries I have is darker than the mavic too. I ordered it later from a reseller.

Hmm, that's strange they'd partial the order. Maybe Ken or Mindy could look into it. I would have just sent back the mavic for exchange, no battery. I remember that video you posted awhile back and that was definitely not holding the horizon. I thought might be because of a bad IMU calibration or firmware issue but I'm sure you tried everything.

i could understand if a battery did not match up if you ordered it at a separate time.  not from factory together though. to me that is one of the few clues i got a refurbished unit.

it's ridiculous they asked for my fly more bundle back and not just the mavic for this very reason.
and to top it off i was told a resolution would be emailed to me within 24 hours and now it's been almost 72 hours.

i am losing faith in their customer support and glad i ordered on credit card so i can at least file fraud if they do not resolve this issue.
2017-3-19
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

For those following here is the latest  video update.
I am hoping tomorrow for some resolution to this issue.
within 24 hours has now become over 84 hours.

2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules