Unlock zones-S/N is used AC RC Gimbal or made up one from Support?
840 6 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

Please read with Caution as I am tired of mistakes & wait times for repairs that turn out to be replaced then when receive from repair remote not tied to AC. So did they test after they did not fix they replaced? There is more to read below & if you can answer any of my questions I would greatly appreciate it.  

Unlock zones, what S/N is used on web site to unlock a yellow zone for 3 days?

I have been told it was my remote controls S/N but I could not get anything to work after my AC & Remote were replaced by warranty.

If it is the Remote S/N that works?  I believe it is, the remote I received from Repairs has the same S/N on the back of it as the paper work that came by email for the replacement but nothing would work.

I did some digging around & found that my remote does not have the same S/N as what is printed on the back or the one that matches email sent by DGI warranty dept. Or of the first remote that I sent in.
In the Go 4 app I found in the about page the S/N was totally different than any of the ones above.

So now do I have to contact someone to get the remote S/N (imbedded in remote) corrected in DJI's system in case I have to get care refresh or warranty work done.

What a mess & one that I should not have to deal with.

Here is a line from the email that came back from support:

“Dear Rick,
Thank you for the reply.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The flight controller's SN can be checked out via DJI Go app.
Below is an image for your reference. According to the serial number you provided, it shoud be '08RDDBS00103Z8'.
Please have a double check.”

This is another S/N that I did not provide but I guess they just pulled it out of a hat? I have never seen the S/N listed in any of my emails & I searched them all for the unknown S/N’s using the find command.

My town is yellow because of an air strip that sits above it (no tower or anyone that works there it is owned by the County & they don’t have phone number for airport) so I Just want to unlock & fly safe?

As a last resort can’t I just turn off the GEO in remote & not worry about it?

Hope i dont get kicked out for all of this but it has been a long couple of months & i have flown less then 30min.{:4_177:}

2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Unlocking an Authorization Zone will remain unlocked for three days.
For further information, please refer to below link.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
Besides, could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-3-15
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 19:30
Unlocking an Authorization Zone will remain unlocked for three days.
For further information, please refer to below link.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

The case # for the unlocking is (https://dji.zendesk.com/hc/requests/460437)

#1 I am still not positive if the S/N to unlock the zones is the remote or the AC or the gimbal if i understand the reply it is the remote's S/N is this correct? Please let me know which one to use on the http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock  site i do not have internet on my iPad 4 mini.

#2 do I have to contact someone to get the remote S/N (embedded in remote) corrected in DJI's system in case I have to get care refresh or warranty work done?

#3 I have no paper work showing me my new remote's S/N & it is not the S/N on the bottom of the remote as i said before I found the remote's S/N in the App under the about screen & it matches none of the numbers from support or repair dept.

#4 As a last resort can’t I just turn off the GEO in remote & not worry about it?

#5 this is what i got back from repair dept after & new AC & Remote were sent to me:

Your product for repair regarding case No.

CAS-452151-D3F2M0

has been shipped via UPS and your tracking number is 1ZE80E404248039269. Please use this tracking number to check the delivery status and be advised that UPS may contact you directly.

Product Details:

Product Name
Serial Number
Quantity
Aircraft
08QDE2D012047E
Remote Controller
08WJE170C10549  WRONG NUMBER

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-15 20:43
The case # for the unlocking is (https://dji.zendesk.com/hc/requests/460437)

#1 I am still not positive if the S/N to unlock the zones is the remote or the AC or the gimbal if i understand the reply it is the remote's S/N is this correct? Please let me know which one to use on the http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock  site i do not have internet on my iPad 4 mini.

Hello, I have checked your case. We have replaced the aircraft for you.
And the flight controller SN is different from aircraft SN and remote controller SN.
The flight controller SN is the flight control system's SN which you need to use with the GEO unlock system.
2017-3-16
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 00:37
Hello, I have checked your case. We have replaced the aircraft for you.
And the flight controller SN is different from aircraft SN and remote controller SN.
The flight controller SN is the flight control system's SN which you need to use with the GEO unlock system.

This is the flight controller s/n (08RDDCV00104H9) not on any documentation that I have from mavic?

I had no idea that we were dealing with a 4th s/n?

Did I miss something in the documentation for Mavic Pro User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf
flight controller sounds like they are talking about the remote control nowhere does the manual talk about the difference - but then it must be a board in remote or the ac? This is not explained in docs where to get flight controllers # vers remote control itself as I now know are 2 different things.

below is the response about purchasing a new replacement gimbal clamp:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calvin (DJI)
Mar 16, 15:31 CST
Dear customer,
I am sorry this is the free gift come in the box and doesn't available for sale.
Please try to contact the local dealers to see weather or not have this part for sale.
Thanks.
Best regards
DJI Online Store

Cherry (DJI)
Mar 15, 14:42 CST
Dear Rick,
Thank you for emailing DJI online store.
Since the customer service agent in charge of your case is not at work today,
your email has been forwarded to him/her accordingly.
He or she will respond you as soon as being back to work.
Your kind patience is much appreciated.
Best Regards
DJI Online Store

Rick - Becco Computers
Mar 14, 15:00 CST
This is a follow-up to your previous request #396344 "Gimbal CLAMP"
Mavic gimbal clamp
The part that holds the camera & gimbal from moving when not flying
Rick
THE GIMBAL IS JUST A FREE GIFT? I DON'T THINK SO IT IS THE ONLY THING TO SAVE GIMBAL & CAMERA DURING TRANSPORT CANT THEY DO BETTER THEN THAT IT WAS A FREE GIFT? It should be for sale as it is so important & so small that is is to misplace.

Thanks again
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-16 13:24

This is the flight controller s/n (08RDDCV00104H9) not on any documentation that I have from mavic?

You can only get the flight controller SN from DJI GO app.
There's nothing to worry about it.
As for the gimbal clamp, sorry it's not available for sale.
I will bring your suggestion to designated team for review.
Thank you for supporting DJI.
2017-3-18
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-18 19:56
You can only get the flight controller SN from DJI GO app.
There's nothing to worry about it.
As for the gimbal clamp, sorry it's not available for sale.

Thanks for getting back to me about the s/n it really is confusing between flight controller & remote controller when you add the fact that most of the answers I get back by email are (I am sorry this is the free gift come in the box and doesn't available for sale.) so with that in mind I thought they were talking about the remote, no harm done & I have you to thank so THANK YOU!

I hope to get an aftermarket clamp soon
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules