Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can DJI GO 4 v. 4.0.5 work on P4 and P4 Pro?
1342 10 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

The DJI GO 4 app has been upgraded for the P4 to 4.0.5 for Android.  The DJI GO 4 app for the P4 Pro is still listed as v. 4.0.4 for Android.  I use the same Android tablet for both Phantoms.  If I update the P4 DJI GO 4 app to 4.0.5, can I still fly my P4 Pro using the upgraded app?  Included is an image of the P4 Pro download web page that includes today's date and time 7:50 PM Hawai'i Time March 15, 2017 showing that the DJI GO v. 4.0.4 is still listed for the Android.

Is this maybe the DJI GO 4 with Tripod for P4s we have been waiting for?  Mahalo in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Aloha and Drone On!
DJI GO 4  - 4.0.4.jpg
2017-3-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

Natalia has given me assurances that the new DJI GO 4 app, v. 4.0.5, also works with the P4 Pro.  Tomorrow I will test how the P4 and P4 Pro work with the new app.  Finally, the VOG is gone and we are having good flying weather!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

Yes, the new release of DJI GO 4 v.4.0.5 for the P4 Pro came out just the other day and works very well.  We still have app crashes, at least I do with my nVidia Shield K1, but they are short and restart quickly.  The P4 operation is also improved and app crashes are down to only one per flight.  Oddly, in my tests both P4 Pro and P4 crashed in the same place in the mission.  So, DJI GO 4 v.4.0.5 works well with both P4 and P4 Pro if you do not count the single app crashes per flight.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-17
Use props
Blah
lvl.1
United Kingdom

"So, DJI GO 4 v.4.0.5 works well with both P4 and P4 Pro if you do not count the single app crashes per flight."

Phew...That's alright then. I'd really hate it if it worked bad!!
2017-3-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blah Posted at 2017-3-18 08:25
"So, DJI GO 4 v.4.0.5 works well with both P4 and P4 Pro if you do not count the single app crashes per flight."

Phew...That's alright then. I'd really hate it if it worked bad!!

Aloha Blah,

It could be worse.  The Phantom series of drones are a flying network of a minimum of three computers.  The P4 and P4 Pro are very advanced flying camera systems.  The nVidia Shield K1 is a very advanced gaming tablet.  We are dealing with cutting edge technology.

And, for the record, we have already experienced the systems when they worked bad!!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-19
Use props
Blah
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-19 02:03
Aloha Blah,

It could be worse.  The Phantom series of drones are a flying network of a minimum of three computers.  The P4 and P4 Pro are very advanced flying camera systems.  The nVidia Shield K1 is a very advanced gaming tablet.  We are dealing with cutting edge technology.

Yes, point taken.

Just annoyed that I had to pay for Litchi just to get my £1000 drone working properly. It's not the £20 for Litchi, (Litchi is great and is the reason I can fly at all) it's the fact DJI can't get their app working properly.

2017-3-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blah Posted at 2017-3-19 02:52
Yes, point taken.

Just annoyed that I had to pay for Litchi just to get my £1000 drone working properly. It's not the £20 for Litchi, (Litchi is great and is the reason I can fly at all) it's the fact DJI can't get their app working properly.

Aloha Blah,

Are you using the nVidia Shield K1?  I was unaware that other Android (or iOS) devices were experiencing problems.  The nVidia Shield K1 problem is an interface issue with DJI that Android and nVidia started with the new Nougat (Android 7) OS upgrade.  After the problem was expressed, nVidia came out with their Shield K1 upgrade to 5.0.1.  DJI is just trying to do their part to resolve issues.  Normally, such resolutions are made in a forward looking direction.  Cutting edge technology goes about solving problems while always moving forward.  They all share the open source code of the Android OS.

I am tempted to buy Litchi as a back-up flight option for such situations you note.  It would be interesting to know what device you use.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-19
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-19 14:48
Aloha Blah,

Are you using the nVidia Shield K1?  I was unaware that other Android (or iOS) devices were experiencing problems.  The nVidia Shield K1 problem is an interface issue with DJI that Android and nVidia started with the new Nougat (Android 7) OS upgrade.  After the problem was expressed, nVidia came out with their Shield K1 upgrade to 5.0.1.  DJI is just trying to do their part to resolve issues.  Normally, such resolutions are made in a forward looking direction.  Cutting edge technology goes about solving problems while always moving forward.  They all share the open source code of the Android OS.

Unfortunately not jus Nvidia tablets have such problem. My Huawei Mediapad m2 have absolutly same situation, and app crashes every flight.  On my Samsung  s7 app don't crashes i one moment but yesterday it start lag and finally hang whole phone and then restart. As I saw on Play market many peoples with absolutely different android equipment  complains on same problem. Very strange what such great product as Phantom 4 pro have such unstable app what kill many it's advantages ove other drones.
2017-3-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

taden Posted at 2017-3-28 21:36
Unfortunately not jus Nvidia tablets have such problem. My Huawei Mediapad m2 have absolutly same situation, and app crashes every flight.  On my Samsung  s7 app don't crashes i one moment but yesterday it start lag and finally hang whole phone and then restart. As I saw on Play market many peoples with absolutely different android equipment  complains on same problem. Very strange what such great product as Phantom 4 pro have such unstable app what kill many it's advantages ove other drones.

Aloha taden,

Have you tried to update and upgrade your firmware and devices?  The problems appear to have been resolved with the nVidia.  Also, the tablet manufacturers and Android have tried to resolve the issues.  Check with your tablet manufacturer to see if they can help.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-31
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-31 01:25
Aloha taden,

Have you tried to update and upgrade your firmware and devices?  The problems appear to have been resolved with the nVidia.  Also, the tablet manufacturers and Android have tried to resolve the issues.  Check with your tablet manufacturer to see if they can help.

My phone Samsung S7  have last firmware and Huawei  Mediatab  also have no updates available .  DJI GO just don't work with them correctly and i afraid to fly with android and DJI GO. Now i bought Apple Air2 and finally can fly with out fear.  
2017-6-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

taden Posted at 2017-6-18 21:33
My phone Samsung S7  have last firmware and Huawei  Mediatab  also have no updates available .  DJI GO just don't work with them correctly and i afraid to fly with android and DJI GO. Now i bought Apple Air2 and finally can fly with out fear.

Aloha taden,

Good to hear you are getting off the ground OK.  What ever it takes to resolve our problems is good by me.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules