Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Delay in Mavic repairs?
1670 32 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jthavorn
lvl.1

United States

Have made several calls and emails concerning the status of my Mavic Pro that I sent to the Carson facility after I crashed it. I was quoted and paid on March 9 and the status has been in limbo since then. It just reads "Repaired and tested." One rep over the phone says it's being repaired this week. Another says they havent even started yet cause they're waiting on more replacement parts. Can someone from DJI give me a straight answer? I'm going on a trip at the end of the month and would like to have it back before then.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello jthavorn, there are some backlogs for the Mavic Pro.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to add a note to your case and escalate it for you.
2017-3-16
Use props
jthavorn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 01:16
Hello jthavorn, there are some backlogs for the Mavic Pro.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to add a note to your case and escalate it for you.

Hi Mindy, I sent you a message with my case number.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jthavorn Posted at 2017-3-16 08:51
Hi Mindy, I sent you a message with my case number.

Thank you. Copy that.
I have brought this to management and we will prioritize the case for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-3-16
Use props
jthavorn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 19:18
Thank you. Copy that.
I have brought this to management and we will prioritize the case for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks you for responding to my post. I'll be keeping an eye on my email and for those status updates. Does the repair center work on weekends as well?
2017-3-16
Use props
Agnisimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136171 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

I had sent my mavic (UPS shows Mavic delivered on 1st of March.), but after 8th of March there is no update (CAS-470977-S7Z9Y4). Status shows: It will take 2-3 working days for repair and test. Please wait patiently.
Its more than one week and nothing (no updates).

Could you please help me to get update  when preliminary I'll receive Mavic?
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Agnisimo Posted at 2017-3-16 23:42
Hi Mindy,

I had sent my mavic (UPS shows Mavic delivered on 1st of March.), but after 8th of March there is no update (CAS-470977-S7Z9Y4). Status shows: It will take 2-3 working days for repair and test. Please wait patiently.

We sincerely apologize for the delay on the repair process, your case has been escalated, we'll try our best to help you get it resolved as soon as possible, appreciate for your patience.
2017-3-17
Use props
Agnisimo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-17 00:03
We sincerely apologize for the delay on the repair process, your case has been escalated, we'll try our best to help you get it resolved as soon as possible, appreciate for your patience.

Thank you in advance Natalia.
2017-3-17
Use props
jthavorn
lvl.1

United States

Do repairs take place on the weekends as well?
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jthavorn Posted at 2017-3-17 00:49
Do repairs take place on the weekends as well?

The local RO decides it, they may sometimes, like when there're too many cases to work on.
2017-3-17
Use props
fansad9696f3
New
Flight distance : 23734 ft
United States

I am in the exact same boat. Had the Mavic for about 3-4 days and it was wonderful until I was flying it about 1 mile from my location and it just dropped out of sky, I didnt hit anything because I could still see the drone! It was at about 400ft alt and there was absolutely nothing around for it to hit. I honestly think it was a hardware malfunction because I also had no warnings on my app. Anyway that is neither here nor there. The biggest issue is that DJI has had my drone in their possession longer than I have and have failed to provide any updates. I know the drone was received because I have the UPS notification but when I log into my DJI refresh progress it shows nothing but blanks. At this rate I just want some honesty. I have spoken with several representatives who "assure" me that the refresh/repair is in process. Absolutely insane.
2017-3-17
Use props
keithd12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13094 ft
United States

I'm in the same boat...they've had my Mavic for about 6 weeks now.  The repair trace has been saying since March 6th that it will take 3-4 working days for repair and test of a problem they are repairing under warranty...that was nine working days ago.  I've contacted customer service, and the reply was basically, "Be patient."  When will my drone be returned?  My case number is CAS-448936-X0Y2H8.
2017-3-17
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

fansad9696f3 Posted at 2017-3-17 07:46
I am in the exact same boat. Had the Mavic for about 3-4 days and it was wonderful until I was flying it about 1 mile from my location and it just dropped out of sky, I didnt hit anything because I could still see the drone! It was at about 400ft alt and there was absolutely nothing around for it to hit. I honestly think it was a hardware malfunction because I also had no warnings on my app. Anyway that is neither here nor there. The biggest issue is that DJI has had my drone in their possession longer than I have and have failed to provide any updates. I know the drone was received because I have the UPS notification but when I log into my DJI refresh progress it shows nothing but blanks. At this rate I just want some honesty. I have spoken with several representatives who "assure" me that the refresh/repair is in process. Absolutely insane.

The DJI repair process is the most bizarre way to run....you have to keep your sanity while you wait for them to go thru each step.
2017-3-17
Use props
InThisLifeOrThe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4856 ft
United States

I sent mine in February the 25th they Received it I have been waiting since. I have contacted the repair service center in Cali about a dozen times now between emails and phone. I have can order a New mavic quicker than waiting for this... It's said really. To all of you above, when they say escalated it's not escalated... I had to talk to a manager ( not a supervisor ) to finally get any real answers. the 3 people I talked too about the week a before told me my case escalated... Ya no. They also told me I would receive an updated Invoice three times by email within 24-48 hours. NEVER GOT those until I contacted the manager and had a new case made ( which I was never told until I talked to the manager that a new case was created for me. The customer service is so full of it. I suggest to anyone planning on dealing with DJI any further to check with local insurances first about covering drones. I was quoted a one-time fee of $75 for the year and no deductible! ( Oh and RENEWABLE) unlike DJI Care Refresh. Worst $99 I have ever spent. I will be switching to the P4P and getting coverage elsewhere. I am still waiting on my Mavic like the rest of you. Going on a month shortly!
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

keithd12 Posted at 2017-3-17 11:42
I'm in the same boat...they've had my Mavic for about 6 weeks now.  The repair trace has been saying since March 6th that it will take 3-4 working days for repair and test of a problem they are repairing under warranty...that was nine working days ago.  I've contacted customer service, and the reply was basically, "Be patient."  When will my drone be returned?  My case number is CAS-448936-X0Y2H8.

I apologize for the delay. Your case is escalated and will be handled as soon as possible.
2017-3-17
Use props
toji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452723 ft
France

Same here ...
They've had my Mavic for more than a month ! (CAS-454847-K4F8M8)

I received it borken, send it to repaire and waited since.
I should have ask for a refund and buy an other one, it would have been quicker.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

toji Posted at 2017-3-22 05:18
Same here ...
They've had my Mavic for more than a month ! (CAS-454847-K4F8M8)

Sincerely sorry for the delay in your case process, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
We've informed our appropriate department to take care of your case, will try our best to help you out shortly.
2017-3-22
Use props
toji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452723 ft
France

Thank you Natalia.
2017-3-23
Use props
Agnisimo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia,

Finally after one month today  I received received drone, but not mine Serial No is different.
on CASE CAS-470977-S7Z9Y4 and received email shows mine.

I didn't received any information that i'll receive  refurbished DRONE. (photos: REQUEST #465763)

I have DJI Care  and additional insurance for my ID.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue?
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Agnisimo Posted at 2017-3-23 07:38
Hi Natalia,

Finally after one month today  I received received drone, but not mine  Serial No is different.

Glad to hear you received it, please do not worry about it, we just checked the system, the SN has been changed, for product and part replacement, please check the screenshot below.
Besides, DJI Care Refresh service has been bound to your new SN, you can check it here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
Hope you enjoy the flight!
R.png

2017-3-23
Use props
Agnisimo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 19:09
Glad to hear you received it, please do not worry about it, we just checked the system, the SN has been changed, for product and part replacement, please check the screenshot below.
Besides, DJI Care Refresh service has been bound to your new SN, you cas check it here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
Hope you enjoy the flight!

Thank you Natalia.
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

My pleasure.
2017-3-24
Use props
fansad9696f3
New
United States

fansad9696f3 Posted at 2017-3-17 07:46

Update - After hounding DJI for 2 weeks they gave me an update and said it was assessed by the team an an invoice should be sent in the next day - fast forward a week and I have to hound DJI again just to get the stupid invoice. I am now waiting 24-48 hours for an invoice that was supposedly sent on 3/22 to some magical email... This is absolutely insane. Do I need to fly to the facility to hold their freaking had step by step by step? This is absolutely insane.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansad9696f3 Posted at 2017-3-27 14:33
Update - After hounding DJI for 2 weeks they gave me an update and said it was assessed by the team an an invoice should be sent in the next day - fast forward a week and I have to hound DJI again just to get the stupid invoice. I am now waiting 24-48 hours for an invoice that was supposedly sent on 3/22 to some magical email... This is absolutely insane. Do I need to fly to the facility to hold their freaking had step by step by step? This is absolutely insane.

We sincerely sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.
I just checked the system, the invoice was sent out on 3/22, not sure why you did not receive it.
I've forwarded this concern to our appropriate department, will look into it soon and hope we can get it resolved shortly.
2017-3-27
Use props
fansad9696f3
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-27 19:11
We sincerely sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.
I just checked the system, the invoice was sent out on 3/22, not sure why you did not receive it.
I've forwarded this concern to our appropriate department, will look into it soon and hope we can get it resolved shortly.

Natalia, I have checked all emails and nothing was sent on the 3/22 - I was told it would take 24-48 hours for the team to resend the invoice (this was 30 hours ago). I was just contacted by someone in NJ to notify me that my drone is covered under warranty and that it will be shipping "soon"..... If I had 5 dollars for every time DJI told me "soon" I could afford another Mavic Pro. So which is it? Do I have an invoice? Is it covered under warranty? Please define "soon". Trying to get ready for the wedding season is a bit hard when I don't have my drone to practice.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansad9696f3 Posted at 2017-3-28 14:13
Natalia, I have checked all emails and nothing was sent on the 3/22 - I was told it would take 24-48 hours for the team to resend the invoice (this was 30 hours ago). I was just contacted by someone in NJ to notify me that my drone is covered under warranty and that it will be shipping "soon"..... If I had 5 dollars for every time DJI told me "soon" I could afford another Mavic Pro. So which is it? Do I have an invoice? Is it covered under warranty? Please define "soon". Trying to get ready for the wedding season is a bit hard when I don't have my drone to practice.

Yes, it's covered by product warranty, you can check the case status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2017-3-29
Use props
fans35e5f6b0
New
Flight distance : 13077 ft
United Kingdom

Would it be possible to have my case escalated, it has been under repair since 29/03/2017, case number - CAS-497736-W0Q6R5. We use it for work and are keen to get it returned

2017-4-12
Use props
fansad9696f3
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-29 00:47
Yes, it's covered by product warranty, you can check the case status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

So Natalia, since you are much more helpful than the chat or phone. I was sent an email on 4/4/17 that stated -

Dear Customer,

Your Mavic Pro regarding case No.

CAS-491361-B7D6D0

has been repaired. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. Your unit will be shipped out to the following address within three business days.

It has now been 5 business days and this thing still has not shipped. This is absolutely insane. Is the strategy to keep the drones that come in for repair until the protection plan has lapsed? Thats what it feels like.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans35e5f6b0 Posted at 2017-4-12 02:44
Would it be possible to have my case escalated, it has been under repair since 29/03/2017, case number - CAS-497736-W0Q6R5. We use it for work and are keen to get it returned

We sincerely sorry for the delay in repair process, we're now working to get everything sorted as soon as possible.
You case has been reported to the local repair team, will help you escalate it soon.
Hope you can get it back shortly.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansad9696f3 Posted at 2017-4-12 07:39
So Natalia, since you are much more helpful than the chat or phone. I was sent an email on 4/4/17 that stated -

I checked the case status, it's shipped out already, very sorry for the delay.
Hope you would receive it soon and have a great time flying it.
2017-4-13
Use props
fansfb78f512
New
United States

I would also like to know where my Mavic is. I sent it in, had the cost estimate right away, paid immediately, and it was "repaired" the next day. It has now been sitting for over a week waiting to ship. My case number is: CAS-646875-N5S7Y5

If the Mavic was indeed repaired immediately, as the site status says, then sitting for over a week simply waiting to be shipped seems incredibly unreasonable and more like the status was fraudulent. I have emailed DJI three times with responses that basically say "please be patient" as the facility is very busy. Again, if it's already repaired (and was done within 2 days of receiving my Mavic) then leaving it sitting around for over a week just to ship it seems much more like a fraudulent status being reported, because no business would rush the repair and then leave it to sit around instead of shipping it.

Please advise asap on my case and whether it is actually repaired and when exactly it will ship.
2017-6-2
Use props
fansfb78f512
New
United States

DJI Natalia - can you update on the status of my Mavic, based on my last post above?
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfb78f512 Posted at 2017-6-5 08:59
DJI Natalia - can you update on the status of my Mavic, based on my last post above?

Have you received your drone?  We do apologize for the unpleasant experience, and will keep improving to provide you more professional service, thank you for your support. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules