Current Status Self-Discharge in Storage
5409 6 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Since December, my 4 TB48 batteries has been in storage at 50%. All batteries expect one, dropped in % through the months. One of my batteries stayed at 50%. Today I charged the 3 batteries to 50% because I wont be using the Inspire 1 until the weather gets better. One of those 3 batteries I charged now is giving me an odd battery reading. When I go into the battery information and go to details, the current status self-discharge in storage is displayed. Charged the battery to 100%, still this message shows. How can I clear it? I'm starting to think I need to drain the battery completely and charge it back up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2017-3-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Personally, I would charge those batteries to 100% and let them decide for themselves what voltage level they are happy being stored at. Too many people thinking they know better will manually discharge the battery (probably just to "make sure") and end up having issues. The shown percentage is not reliable, the voltage reading is a lot better. As for the pesky third battery, what is the voltage in the cells? It would not hurt cycling that battery but ignore the percentage and discharge until the battery shuts down or until the lowest cell reaches 3.0v.
If that doesn't work, let us know as there are other options you could try but would void your warranty

Mark G.
2017-3-16
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-16 07:56
Personally, I would charge those batteries to 100% and let them decide for themselves what voltage level they are happy being stored at. Too many people thinking they know better will manually discharge the battery (probably just to "make sure") and end up having issues. The shown percentage is not reliable, the voltage reading is a lot better. As for the pesky third battery, what is the voltage in the cells? It would not hurt cycling that battery but ignore the percentage and discharge until the battery shuts down or until the lowest cell reaches 3.0v.
If that doesn't work, let us know as there are other options you could try but would void your warranty

Ummm I believe the voltage per cell was 4.20. I charged it full to 100%. I drained it down to 90% last night though. Also set self-discharge to 1day. Lets see if the 'self-discharge in storage' current status will change to self-discharging TO storage lol. I just want the status to change, I don't care what it is. Just concerned the damn thing is stuck thinking it's still in storage. My best bet would draining the thing until it shuts itself off and charge it back up. Maybe it needs 1 full cycle used up.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-3-16 09:32
Ummm I believe the voltage per cell was 4.20. I charged it full to 100%. I drained it down to 90% last night though. Also set self-discharge to 1day. Lets see if the 'self-discharge in storage' current status will change to self-discharging TO storage lol. I just want the status to change, I don't care what it is. Just concerned the damn thing is stuck thinking it's still in storage. My best bet would draining the thing until it shuts itself off and charge it back up. Maybe it needs 1 full cycle used up.

I would give that a try, when was the last time you cycled it?
2017-3-16
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-16 09:38
I would give that a try, when was the last time you cycled it?

To be honest, I don't remember lol. Last time I used the batteries was back in December. I think I used only 1-2 batteries that time. The battery I'm having issues with has 38 charges in it. Well that's what DJI is telling me. Either I did the deep cycle on the 20th charge, or the 30th charge. Or maybe I haven't done it yet? lollll Can't remember If I did deep cycle it on the 30th charge for example, it's not that bad. Only got 8 charges in before cycling it. Most people say to deep cycle it every 10 charges anyways instead of the 20.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-3-16 09:41
To be honest, I don't remember lol. Last time I used the batteries was back in December. I think I used only 1-2 batteries that time. The battery I'm having issues with has 38 charges in it. Well that's what DJI is telling me. Either I did the deep cycle on the 20th charge, or the 30th charge. Or maybe I haven't done it yet? lollll Can't remember  If I did deep cycle it on the 30th charge for example, it's not that bad. Only got 8 charges in before cycling it. Most people say to deep cycle it every 10 charges anyways instead of the 20.

You could try this if you are not worried about your warranty, it may work.

Battery Reset

Mark G.
2017-3-16
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Did you get this fixed? I'm currently leaving my p4 to drain the battery slowly on the table (motors off) taking forever but hoping once I charge it back up the self discharge message will go away?
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules