Maiden flight issues
508 5 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EyghonUK
New

United Kingdom

Hi all.

Took my maiden flight yesterday (P3S), somewhat disappointed with the distance, I managed 166m, 245m and finally 183m before losing Video feed () this was in a very open area, what happened to 500m+?

Other thing I noticed is the camera gets quite hot, is that normal?

I am using a Nexus 7 Gen 2 for the display, is that a good bit of kit to use or should I use my Galaxy S7?

Regards

Craig
2017-3-16
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Camera getting hot is normal. Losing video feed at those ranges is normal. Did you also lose control feed?  Losing video feed is not an indication that you will have lost control signal, the P3 would have initiated RTH if that had happened, don't take too much out of losing video feed as the SD card will still be recording even if your phone/tablet shows nothing.
2017-3-16
Use props
EyghonUK
New

United Kingdom

No, I still had control but without the video feed it's a bit difficult to know the orientation etc, what was more worrying really was that the video feed didn't return even when I walked towards it and brought it back directly above me, I had to RTH and restart.
2017-3-16
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

RE: Maiden flight issues

It is an open area where you were flying but look at all those houses around you. There must be a lot of RF around from them.

In that environment that is what I would expect from my P3S
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I agree with the consensus that while the field is pretty clear, there is an abundance of buildings that could be causing interference. Have you tried a different location?
2017-3-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The P3 Standard is very susceptible to competition from home and business WiFi routers, and in that location there would be heaps of them, potentially one in every house.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules