Ok, so here's the weekend update.|
I went out around 1 pm, to a local park. Nice clear, sunny day. The following is a step by step.
1. Controller on.
2. Inspire on.
3. DJI Go app opened.
4. Flew inspire to 40' +/- in P mode.
5. Switched to F mode.
6. Tapped the the little drone icon on the left side of the screen.
7. Started follow me.
8. Pop-up screen on right side came up, hit apply.
9. Green text pop-up in upper left corner Follow Me mode started.
10. I walked toward and away (north and south) from inspire, approximately 50 to 75 feet, and it moved accordingly.
11. I walked east and west, and it followed me.
12. Then it stopped and hovered.
Total time following me was about 30-45 seconds or so. Then the inspire just stopped and hovered, and would not FOLLOW me. It would TRACK me. If I walked in a circle around it, it would rotate in the air and track me, but if I moved either towards it or away from it, it would not move, just hover.
I repeated the entire process at 6 pm, in a different park miles away, with the exact same results. Both time, GPS signal was strong, 14-16 satellites.
I tried the Auotpilot app. I got it to connect to the inspire, but I never could get it actually follow me at all. A total bust with the Autopilot app.
Did I miss a step, did I not click something, any ideas at all.