Measurement Unit - Is it US or METRIC
1404 5 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Neal
lvl.1
United States

Kinda new at this drone thing but loving it right out of the gate.  I have a simple question that i hope someone an assist me with as it's not clear in the docs.  The iOS version of the DJI Go 4 app allows me to set the "Measurement Unit" to Imperial which I take is a US form of measurement.  I did this. Now I set the "Max Flight Altitude" and I notice it says it wants this figure in meters...Is this correct.  Eventhough I am set to Imperial, I still set my Max Altitude in meters?

Thanks fo any help,

---Mike
2017-3-16
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Was you drone connected to the remote controller when you changed the units? If it wasnt try connnecting it and changing and see if that makes a difference
2017-3-16
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same with mine. Set for Imperial but max height still shows in metric. May have always been that way though. Not sure.
2017-3-16
Use props
Michael Neal
lvl.1
United States

I just don't want to screw up and set it for 100 feet when it really is 100 meters.  Thoughts?
2017-3-16
Use props
Michael Neal
lvl.1
United States

SPIKE_151,
It was connected and didn't make a difference.  My thought is that setting the "Measurement Unit" to Imperial is probably just for the main home screen to show things like distance, height...things like this in US feet.  The other settings in the app are probably hard set to be Metric.
2017-3-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Michael Neal Posted at 2017-3-16 17:02
SPIKE_151,
It was connected and didn't make a difference.  My thought is that setting the "Measurement Unit" to Imperial is probably just for the main home screen to show things like distance, height...things like this in US feet.  The other settings in the app are probably hard set to be Metric.

It's a little DJI glitch that has never been fixed.
Max altitude and RTH height are always in metres even when you set your display units to Imperial.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules