Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
4K Typical Friday afternoon over Miami's intercostal waters.
760 16 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is my latest edit of my flight last Friday over Miami Beach. Please comment or tell me what you would have done differently. Critiques are very  welcome!

2017-3-16
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

Nice work, audio was almost perfect for the scenes. No bikinis? WTH.
2017-3-16
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

lol no bikinis, the wife wouldn't approve lmao!
2017-3-16
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-3-16 09:07
Nice work, audio was almost perfect for the scenes. No bikinis? WTH.

Yeah bikini fail Well we don't need to see old people in bikinis
2017-3-16
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I love the miami vibe and toning, nice images, but oh man... That waterpaint quality. Don't think this is your fault, but this is unacceptable. Look at all the green...

Such a shame...I hope you can retest and redo some footage, because this just doesn't look right.

2017-3-16
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Maybe this one is my fault. I will post the original footage so you can see how dark it really was. I tried pulling back in some color on the shadows so that makes it look a bit like the waterpaint colors, which I have gotten on other shots but I will take the blame for this one
2017-3-16
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

High five to another south Florida droner. I particularly liked the jet skis
2017-3-16
Use props
Boenaparte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1089393 ft
Hong Kong

I like it especially that I lived there for a while ...

Anyway I actually really like the colorings choices, I really like the feel that it leaves even though the colorings might be off some time. In my opion it capture the feel/atmosphere of this area  well.

Questions:
Can I ask if this was done in editing or through your choice of color in camera settings?
For the time lapse of fast morion at the end, were you in tripod mode or simply the drone landed and engine off?
Critic: I do not enjoy the repeated use of the transition with the light, once in a while ok but it's too many times and too fast for my liking (as many opinion as there is people)

Recommendation: Try to use active tracking while filiog boats or jet ski becuase by freeing a bit piloting you will have veery smooth videos of these object and you can play with the angle of the filing to make really cool and smooth shots, that would fit well with the overall landscape.
2017-3-16
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much Boenaparte! The timelapse was shot with a Gopro, i guess I should have mentioned that in the comments. I completely agree with you about the light transitions, after I watched it a few time I realized I had over done it. The problem with using the tracking is that it takes a bit of time to set up correctly and I might miss the shot. I guess I just need to practice with it more lol.
2017-3-16
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This is one of the stock  shots.

2017-3-16
Use props
MavicMule
First Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

What editing software are you using?  I like the watermark signature in the lower right corner.
2017-3-16
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Im using Premiere
2017-3-16
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-3-16 17:38
Maybe this one is my fault. I will post the original footage so you can see how dark it really was. I tried pulling back in some color on the shadows so that makes it look a bit like the waterpaint colors, which I have gotten on other shots but I will take the blame for this one

I hope, but also look at the fence, so much detail missing. Look at the green under the trees, it has not detail, just mushy blobs of green. That is what i'm looking at. Also the fence you are standing against. You can see the rails at your legs, but not before and after it, it is just blended with the rest, due to the paint-effect. Can you try testing NTSC and PAL? Other mentioned it makes a difference in quality and sharpness. Even when you try to pull out shadows, some kind of detail should still be there. I think...
2017-3-17
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I dont know, Im pretty happy with the quality. Specially when watching the footage in a 4k monitor or TV, it makes a huge difference. Are you watching it in a 4k monitor? Maybr thats why you can't see the details? I grabbed this pic from the original video. This will not be full def since my phone screen is only 1440, it still looks pretty good to me. Maybe Im just happy with the way it looks lol.
Screenshot_20170317-115756.png
Screenshot_20170317-115658.png
2017-3-17
Use props
fans731bf3e7
lvl.3
United States

What camera settings were you using for the mavic?
2017-3-19
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I pretty much leave it in auto most of the time including this one
2017-3-20
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

Really nice. You paired it really well with the music.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules